Pandora Key

Secret - The Sin

Checking her Sedan for one last time, ensuring she locked it, Ara then walked towards her workplace. "Choi Ara-sshi?", someone suddenly called her name from behind. Ara spun around. A lady-like woman with a pastel blouse and white pant approached her. The lady handed her a business card. Jeon Hyosung. A detective. Instead of greeting her, the detective glanced at her and then changed her look at a picture on her hand. She curled a small smile on her lip corner.

"Could you spend a little of your time for me? I have something to ask you", she asked Ara. Ara nodded in bewilderment and asked the detective to follow her inside the clinic.


After settling herself inside the office, Ara went outside with two cups of warm coffee. She gave a cup to the female detective and took the seat next to her. Fortunately today was Saturday, so she didn't have any scheduled appointment. Only walk-in patients today. 


They began their conversation and the female detective asked her more about her relationship with the victim; Eunbyul and Clairre. She then asked her about the incident three years ago in D Island. 
"From the record, all four of you testify the same thing that Yoo Youngjae never returned to the guesthouse. Is there anything else you want to share? Something else--", Detective Hyosung questioned her. Ara was stunned and didn't know what to say. She wanted to tell her about the truth behind the incident but still this ain't the right time. She needed to discuss about this with the others, including Jaebum. 


"Hyosung-sshi, I'll definitely give you a call. But forgive me this isn't the right time--", she told the detective and sighed.


Hyosung frowned, showing all the wrinkles on her forehead. "W-what do you mean Ara-sshi? Is there something--", Hyosung asked again. Ara just nodded her head weakly.


"I'll inform you sooner. Not now. I really can't talk about this now", Ara replied, holding the detective hand softly. "I'll make sure to call you soon", Ara added, smiling at the lady. Hyosung was shocked a bit by her words but she nodded her head. Maybe there would be a new information that could help her team investigation.


Soon after, the cop exited the clinic. She quickly made a call to her team leader. "Teamjang-nim (Team Leader), I already talk to Choi Ara. She might have something helpful for us. I'll talk in details at the office. And like you ask me, I put the bug inside her bag. But---- this ain't illegal right----", she spoke up. Her team leader, Detective Seunghoon didn't answer her instead he said "Good job" before ending the call.