Secret

Secret - The Sin

The rain trickled down the window like a waterfall. The sound of ringing door bell broke the silence of the small hostel room. A lady in red dress paced towards the door, twisting the knob and peeking outside. She curled a small smile to the view of the figure standing in front of the door.


"Sunbaenim?", she didn't expect a guest at this hour. Already passed midnight. 


"I was passing by around here but then the rain starts pouring down. Sorry to bother you but this is the only place that come in mind", he said, explaining the situation.


The girl nodded her head.


"Can I come in, Eunbyul-ah", the guy asked her. She just realized that they stayed in front of the door for awhile already. The lady invited him inside.


"How's your study?", the guy asked again as he was entering the room. He looked around the room. The lady went to the kitchen which is connected to the living room since it was just a small room.


"Well final year. I was having a hard time with the research", she chuckled, heating up the water in case the guest needed a cup of warm drink. Its pretty cold. 


When she was about to turn her head around, a blunt object hit her head hard, knocking the girl out. She immediately passed out. Blood started to leak from the head, coloring the clean-white tiles of the room.


The guy kneeled in front of her watching the prey intensely. A small smile curled on his corner lip. 


"Eunbyul-ah. How long are you going to keep the secret. A secret--- is not a thing to be bear. That night---- I went to the attic too. You weren't there at all. Dana is the only one sleeping there. The main question is where are you that night? What did you see? And why did you say you sleep the whole hours", he said chuckling vindictively under his breath. He took out something from his pocket. A syringe. The guy injected the girl on her arm, letting the fluid in the syringe flowing inside her body. A second later he walked out of the room after writing something on her forehead with a marker.