Uninvited

Secret - The Sin

Knock. Knock. A clinic staff knocked the door of Ara's examination room. The door knob was twist opened from outside and the staff peeked inside, smiling at Ara. 


"Ara-sshi, your patient is here", the young lady told her.  Ara smiled back and nodded her head. "Okay I'll call her later". The staff then left to the counter.
Ara was about to stand up when out of the blue her phone was ringing. She glanced at the name appeared on the screen. Lieutenant Kim. Well she never changed his name though. Maybe she should change soon since they are officially dating now. But why did he called at this hour though. Ara answered the call.


"Hello Jinwoo-sshi. What is it? Why did you call at this hour?"


"I'm sorry. Your working hour right?"

 

"Yup, I couldn't talk for a long time. My patient is here"


"Okay. I'm just gonna tell you I'm going away for several days so I might not contact you. And this coming Monday, I couldn't bring you to see my sister", he said again, sighing in low voice. 


Ara was baffled a bit and said, "Oh, that's okay. I'll see her next time. Uhm.. Okay then---- I got to go now---------- bye".


"Bye", he replied curtly before ending the call.


Ara put down and threw it inside her handbag. She was thinking about the cop. The guy's voice sounded so melancholy, making her a little worried. Shaking her head, she walked out of the examination room and called her patient.


***


Ara grabbed a bucket full of spicy chickens that she bought on the way home. There were still several soda drinks in her fridge, enough for three of them. She could at least do this much for her so-called friends. Closing the car's door, the lady walked towards the main door. She looked at the unfamiliar shoes on the shoerack. "Who's that?", Ara muttered then entered her house. The view of a male figure sitting on the couch at the living room made her dropped the bucket. Youngjae and Daehyun were also there. Ara chuckled in disbelief. She slammed the door behind without tearing her gaze at the sight of the unwanted guest.


"What the hell is this. That #$%#+$ .. Why did you bring him here? Yah $_%-$($$#", Ara cursed calmly. Youngjae quickly rushed towards her and calmed her rage. He dragged her to sit on the couch, opposite to the man. Daehyun picked up the chicken bucket and put it on the table.


Silence.

Ara was still glaring at the man opposite to her. Daehyun suddenly stood up and went to the kitchen. Later he came with 4 can drinks.


"Alright. Ara calm down first. I'm the one that bring Jaebum here. You told us to decide right?, Daehyun spoke up, looking at his three friends one by one.
Ara scoffed, changing her gaze at Daehyun. "But I told you not to do anything stupid Jung Daehyun-sshi!", she pressed each words coming out of , clenching her teeth.


Daehyun sighed heavily, staring at her softly. "This ain't stupid Ara-yah. We need to resolve all of this anyway. Jaebum-- I know he is at fault.  We all too. But thing has changed now. Youngjae is fine. He is not dead. And---- even Youngjae forgive him. Y-you should too".


Sighing again, Ara changed her look at Youngjae. "Yah, you really trust this @$%_#%#? You really forgive him", Ara asked Youngjae.


Youngjae hissed a bit. "Stop cursing. My ears are bleeding--", he scolded Ara. "-- well I'm at fault too for playing the prank to begin with. But now--- there is a murderer hunting us. All of us should be more careful".


Youngjae continued again. "Jaebum was also attacked before .. Last year-- but he survived though. The murderer was still unaware about this so we are at benefit here"


Ara was shocked by Youngjae's words. She snapped at Jaebum. Both of them exchanged a look. "I think I know who is the killer. But I need to make sure first. Youngjae-yah, you should go with me. And---- if my conclusion is true. Daehyun and Ara won't be harmed. They were not involved in his reven---", Jaebum said.


Daehyun suddenly cut his words. "What do you mean? Who is that", he was so curious.


Jaebum gave him a half smile. "I'll tell you once I confirm it", he replied. Youngjae also agreed to Jaebum. Both of them seemed to hide something.
Ara was judging them the whole time. She took out something from her handbag and put it on the table. A business card. "Great then. She is the detective in charge of Clairre and Eunbyul case. We met this morning and she wanted to know about what actually happened in D Island. I think you should meet her and explain everything. Plus, they could provide us protection. The sooner the better right", Ara told them. Youngjae took the business card and stared at it. He just nodded his head.


***


Special Force


Three of the detectives were in awe. Everything that they heard somehow completed most of their puzzles. Silence arose the small conference room.
"I can't believe this", S.Coup mumbled in disbelief. He was still thinking, trying to sort out the puzzles.
Seunghoon chuckled. He was so suprised by the information they just got, thanks to the bug Hyosung put inside Ara's bag. "So Yoo Youngjae is still alive. And Im Jaebum is back", he chuckled again. 


"Should we send cops to the house. All of them are there. Our main suspect too", S.Coup suggested to his team members.


Seunghoon shook his head. "Let's wait. You heard them. They'll come to us--", he answered. Seunghoon continued, "Hyosung-sshi, be prepared. They'll probably contact you soon. Get every information from them. Don't miss anything". Hyosung nodded her head. She was still in daze. Honestly, she really detested the idea of putting the bug but thanks to that they got a lot of crucial information. She let out a small gust of wind. "And S.Coup, keep listening and inform me if anything strange happen. They said someone is hunting them down. Let's be prepared for the worst", Seunghoon added, now focusing at the young cyber cop. The young man just nodded his head, making an okay sign.