Not Again

Secret - The Sin

Ara just bought something from the convenience store and walked through the door, and there she rendezvoused with Kim Jinwoo. He was leaning against his Black SUV, gazing at her intensely. Ignoring him, she continued walking along the road side, leaving him behind. 


"Ara-sshi.. Choi Ara… “, Jinwoo shouted her name. She just made no sense the situation. She strode along the path and headed straight for her house. Youngjae was waiting there. She was not in the mood to chat with him or even to face him. Ara ran into the alley, heading to her housing area. There was not much street lamp along the path so she could barely see. 


As the lady skipping down the street quickly, her feet started to feel like they were on fire. Ouch. She saw a playground two-meter ahead then she made her way toward it. Ara took a deep breath as she sat on one of the swings. She bent down and massaged her feet. 


"I'm such a fool. Why do I have to avoid him… ”, she muttered, untying her shoelaces. Her feet felt cool as she took off the shoe, tossing them aside. Then, she gently pushed herself back and forth. As she look down at her feet, she noticed they were lightly reddish. 


The coolness of early spring brushed across her cheeks, and a shiver was sent throughout her body under the dark sky. Ah.. So refreshing. Ara closed her eyes, breathing deeply. The light breeze blew her long hair. She pushed herself back and forth a little harder. 


Opening her eyes, she looked up at the sky feeling the rain drops hit her face. She started to feel worm droplets fallen onto her cheeks then a pouring rain fallen all over the playground. Her head bowed down and a flash of smile appeared on her face. "I'm so pathetic". She let out a small gust from . The lady sat there for a moment, swinging the swing, as the rain drenched her. 

 

Suddenly, through the rain, she saw a man running, frantically searching for something. Narrowing her eyes, she stared at him and their eyes caught. “Jinwoo-sshi..”, she spitted. The rain had drenched the whole area, and she saw his white shirt stuck on his torso. Avoiding his eyes, she stood up and picked up the plastic bag full of grocery, then she put on her shoes. Ara sighed  deeply.


“Ara-sshi.. What are you doing in the rain? You gonna catch a cold”, he uttered a word, approaching her from behind.


 “Ara-sshi…”, he whispered, reaching his hand out and wrapped his arm around her shoulder making her body turned to face him. She avoided his gaze, smirking a little.


He flicked her wet hair out of her eyes and attempted to take her hand in his. 


“Why are you here? I have made myself clear . We should not meet anymore. Is there anything else you want to say to me?”, she spoke up as she shoved his fingers away. 


He didn’t answer her instead staring deeply into her eyes. Ara hissed between her teeth, feeling a little bit irritated with his lack of verbal response. She waited for him to answer but none came out from his mouth.


The lady glared at him, “I guess you don’t”. She brushed past the guy, walking off the playground. 
Before she could get too far his hand slipped into her and gripped them tightly. She stopped, furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. They stayed like that for a while. 


Finally he spoke up, “You know. I really mean it when I confess to you”. 


She glanced at him, a low chuckle escaped her lips. “Jinwoo-sshi—“. She held her words for a second. “—Let go of me”. She broke her bound wrists free, glaring at him intensely. 


“I'm sorry about yesterday!! It's just a misunderstanding –“, he spoke up, again, holding her hand tightly.


“Huh?”, she furrowed her eyebrows, blinking at him.
His grip became tight. He looked over her and pulled her close to him and said softly, locking his eyes on her, “I like you. Only you--”.


“Jinwoo-sshi”, she wavered a bit. Shaking her head, her sense cameback to her. 


Ara clenched her teeth. "Stop playing with me. I won't get fool for the second time by the same jerk".
She pushed him away and ran off the playground. She didn't want to get fool again with his sweet talk. .