Junior

Secret - The Sin

Evening came fast. Ara entered her office with a pile of files after she discharged her patient not long ago. Well, paperwork. Hanna and Heera was discussing about something in a corner. Putting down the files on her desk, she joined them. They were looking at an article on Heera's phone, talking about a murder of a final year university student several months ago. She didn't know why the article rose up on today daily news chart. The author pen name was JB. Ara was not too interested at first but after she saw the initial of the victim and the name of the university, her eyes opened as big as .


"Eunbyul?", she stuttered. Is it the same murderer that tried to kill Youngjae three years ago and the one that killed Clairre. Ara covered and went to her desk. She quickly texted Dana, one of her junior, that was still studying at the university, asking about the news. She wanted to meet her later, after work. Dana will be at Hongdae since she worked part-time at a convenience store there. 


Later that evening, Jinwoo picked her up at work and was so eager to have a dinner with the lady. Inside the car, Ara mustered her strength and told him that she had a plan so she couldn't eat dinner with him today. She asked him to drop her off at Hongdae since she need to meet Dana there.


"By the way-- what is it that's so important that you need to cancel our dinner plan", Jinwoo asked her, curiosity devoured him. He glanced at her.


Ara paid him a sweet smile. "I'm so sorry. I'm going to meet a junior--", as she was talking something struck her mind. "-- Jinwoo-sshi, you are in charge of Youngjae's case right. You must know her. Im Dana", she added.


His expression became dark. He shutted his mouth for a while before started talking again. "Im Dana. The freshman?", he mumbled. Ara nodded.


"Why did you want to see her?", he asked her again. Now, his voice tone became sombre.


Ara chuckled softly, driving away her uneasiness. "N-nothing-- ", she answered. His face became gloomy by her answer. 


"You are not avoiding me right? I'm going to get upset if that was the case", he spoke up, fixing his gaze at the road ahead. He sounded a bit upset.


Ara scoffed silently. "I'm just going to catch up with her. It has been awhile--".


The cop glanced at her again. He didn't smile even a bit. He looked straight, didn't want to continue the conversation. Ara sighed under her breath. What with the sullen mood. Did he-- by chance-- sulking, now?


The cop stopped his car by the sidestreet. Without looking at him, she releases her seatbelt slowly and was about to opened the door when she suddenly changed her mind. She sat back, buckling the seatbelt.


Jinwoo was stunned a bit. She looked at him and sighed. "Are you upset?", she asked him bluntly, staring at him. He curled a fake smile and said, "Nope. Why would I .. I'm perfectly fine". Jinwoo laughed awkwardly.


Ara hissed, "you are not---". She cleared and added, "let's have a dinner together. I'll tell my junior we'll just meet up next time". They looked at each other for a second before Jinwoo burst out a small laugh.


"Why? I told you I'm fine", he mumbled. She just shook her head, denying his words.


"I'm hungry. Where are we going to eat?", the lady questioned him, ignoring him. His face colored with a sweet smile. She sneaked a glance and also smiled.