Pricked

Secret - The Sin

Today, Ara didn't go to work. She called in sick. Thanks to her friend, Youngjae, her salary may be deducted. Ara provided a room for him since her rented house is pretty big and had two vacant room. She used the whole second floor as her bedroom. It was pretty spacy except there was no door.


"You have some nerve to sleep in an open space like that", Youngjae made a remark as he entered the kitchen. Ara was preparing omurice for breakfast. Rolling her eyes, she ignored him, scooping the omurice into a plate and handed it to him.


"You live with a 'healthy young man' now. Shouldn't you use a room instead of sleeping there", the guy added again. Ara sighed again. 


"Yah. You are still the same. How can you always have a way to make people getting annoyed with your words. It's freaking early though", Ara grumbled, she scooped another omurice and joined him at the table.


"What-- I'm just stating the fact", he chuckled by himself. Not funny.


They ate in silence but Youngjae's munching sound really added the melody to the breakfast. Ignoring him, Ara continued eating.


"I'm going to the Hongdae later since----", Ara opened after a moment of silence.


"Why", his friend cut her words. Ara sighed. 


"To buy you some clothes. You didn't seem to bring any", she replied, calming her nerve. 


The guy just nodded his head and continued eating. She let out a gust of air in between her teeth. Calm down. He is pretty alive now. You should be happy.


Later that afternoon, Ara drove her car to the Hongdae. It was just 5 minutes drive but she was too lazy to walk there and the gloomy weather didn't really help either. Youngjae wanted to tag along but she stopped him since he was in hiding. If it was true that the murderer was observing her the whole time, seeing him with her won't bring any good. Youngjae installed a gps application on her phone in case something bad could happen to her. He was pretty caring sometime. 


Ara went from one shop to another shop, buying several shirts and pants for him. Here, most items were cheaper so she also got some clothes for herself. Not long after that, her eyes caught a black-charcoal hair man walking with a girl in the opposite direction. They were holding hand. She squinted, staring at the guy since he looked pretty familiar. No way. Can’t be him. Then their eyes met and she felt like she was growing pale. It was really him. Kim Jinwoo. His hair style, fashion style and everything had different vibe. Yet, he didn’t seem to recognize Ara. It was just a glance. The girl had a glamorous body with a height around 170, just like her, and a wavy long hair. They stopped by an arcade store and took a selca. Ara chuckled in disbelief. Seriously this guy. She felt so hurt inside. Her heart pierced in pieces. Ignoring them, she just walked passed them. 


Throwing her stuffs into her bag, she strolled along the path. She looked at her watch. “Why am I still here?”, she grumbled. 


Then someone passed by her. Kim Jinwoo and his girl. She frowned. Did they walk behind her all this time? She was a little embarrassed and her cheeks began to feel warm. Come to your sense Ara-yah  Why the hell did you acting like this. You are so pathetic now.


She paced towards her car. Unlocking the door, she jumped in and threw all the plastic bags full of clothes at the back. Beep. Beep. She received a message from her blind date. 


Wait. I'll explain.


Ara sighed heavily. She threw her phone into her bag and started the car's engine. Suddenly a man entered the car and sat on the vacant passenger seat. Ara was startled by his action. Jinwoo was in hurry.


"This is not what you think. I'll explain later", he said while looking around. Ara was really frustrated. He didn't even looked at her. 


"Why. You afraid your girlfriend find out you are cheating on her", she spoke up bluntly, glaring at him.


"I told you. That's not it", he begged, now he turned to face her.


"Let's end it here. You don't have to explain", Ara told him.


Jinwoo was about to say something but then he heard something from his earplug. He groaned frustratedly.


"I'll explain to you later. I really need to go now. Sorry", he said, walking out of the car and run into an alley. Ara was left in bewilderment, sighing heavily before pulled out her car our of the parking lot and went straight to her house.