Day 1

Secret - The Sin

Ara put down the knife and fork together on the right side of her plates. 4 o'clock to be accurate. Jinwoo also just finished his meal. The guy gulped down the last drop of his Orange juice. Ara looked up and their eyes met. Both of them chuckled.


The slender, tall man stood up and paced towards the cashier counter to pay for the dinner. Ara suggested to deuce the bill but he rejected it. Beep. Ara's phone vibrated twice inside her handbag. Youngjae sent a picture to her. A sleeping Jung Daehyun. She laughed silently and put her phone inside her bag as Jinwoo came to the table. 


"Jinwoo-sshi, I'll just walk home from here. It is not that far, just few blocks away. Thanks for the meal", she accumulated her strength and excused herself. Well Jung Daehyun was at her home. There must be something.


"It's dark already. Let me send you. It is dangerous for a girl to walk alone at night", he told her, offering a ride home.


"It's okay. You don't have to Jinwoo-sshi. I can walk from here", the lady was still stubborn with her decision. But really, her house was just 5 minutes away walking.


Jinwoo sighed heavily and gazed at her. She didn't back off and stared back. The guy curled a small smirk. "Then--- I'll walk you home. It isn't that far right--", he said again. Ara was about to say something but he abruptly cut her. "Let's go", he spoke up, slyly intertwined his fingers into hers and held her hand tightly. Ara was stunned by his action. They walked along the sidestreet, locking their hands together. Their silence was doing the talking.


"So, Ara-sshi", Jinwoo opened his mouth, gesturing up their interlocked hands, glancing at her. He added, "Today is our first day right?". The lady smiled shyly, nodding her head in silence. He smirked a bit.


"So shall I call you, sweethea--", Jinwoo was about to when she quickly cut him. "Let's not rush this. Jinwoo-sshi", she said. Her face was as red as rose. The cop chuckled softly. "Alright, Ara-sshi", he replied, smiling at her.


"Wah, I don't believe I finally get myself a girlfriend", the guy mumbled as they walked along the dark path.


Ara scowled at him. "Don't lie. Are you saying you never date before?? A good-looking guy like you?", she scoffed under her breath.


The guy nodded. "I might look quite cool now, but before I was a total nerd. I'm quite diligent back then and my sister always teased me that I might be better off dating my books", he told her. She just laughed listening to his confession.


"Your sister said that? I was alway s hoping I have a sister too. I'm an only child---", Ara suddenly stopped. She remembered something. "Jinwoo-sshi, you..... have a sister? Come to think again---- that day you said you are the only child", she asked out of curiosity. She remembered clearly during their conversation on the blind date back then.


Jinwoo changed the topic. "Ara-sshi, do you have time this coming Monday? Your off day right?".
She was baffled by his question. He didn't even answer her question. 


"Why?", instead of answering him, she asked back.


Jinwoo curled a small smile. "I want to bring you to meet my sister", he told her. 

She thought for awhile. The girl finally agreed. After 5 minutes walking along the sidestreet, they finally arrived at her home. Ara was awestruck by the sight of the yellow sport car right in front of her gate. She knew Daehyun came by but she never expected the singer to drive here by himself. Jinwoo also suprised by the view of the beautiful car. He looked inside, scanning her house. Most of the lights were switched on.


"Oh, I forgot. My friend come over", Ara quickly said something before he misinterpreted it. "Then-- I'll go inside. Thanks", she told him. He let go off her hand.  They said goodbye to each other and Ara waved at him before entering her front yard.