Chapter 36: Your Name

Day or Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Joohyun stood in the Son’s family study, she could not help but tremble a little and had to force her body to still itself.

Mr Son had not exactly make the premise of the talk pleasant as he had claimed that he would. His searching eyes roved over Joohyun, making her feel as if she was standing and vulnerable before the man. Joohyun shut her eyes as she recalled the many times her girlfriend had told her how Mr Son would subject them so similar treatments. It was pure torture.

“Ms Bae.”

Joohyun clenched her fist. She must not show weakness before a man like Mr Son.

“Yes, Mr Son.”  

“I believe you must know the topic for tonight’s discussion.”

Joohyun nodded sharply.

“Then you must know that our Seungwan has… made some wilful decisions.”

Wilful decisions?! Joohyun could not prevent her brows from creasing and dared herself to look straight into Mr Son’s severe eyes.

“Mr Son, I might not have understood the term “wilful decision” correctly. Do you mean my girlfriend’s decision to pick one of the choices that you have presented to her and renounce all ties with the Son family?”   

Mr Son flinched, twice, once when Joohyun had addressed Seungwan as her girlfriend and another time at the end of Joohyun’s statement.

“You have a really sharp tongue, Ms Bae.”

Joohyun swallowed. She did not expect herself to speak so boldly, in front of an elder, not just any elder, it was the CEO of the great Millennium Capital and her girlfriend’s father at that. It was too late to back down and appear meek before Mr Son now.

“I have been told that often but I usually do it out of efficiency and only speak truthfully.”

Mr Son’s lips twisted into a sardonic smile. “Ms Bae, what good do you think will come out of my daughter and your relationship? My Seungwan is only temporarily misled, she would come to her senses soon and eventually choose what is best for her.”

“Mr Son, pardon my denseness, but may I ask you to enlighten me, what do you think is this unspoken thing that you think is best for Seungwan?”

Mr Son’s eyes widened a fraction and he leaned forward menacingly. “Choosing the family business over you.”

Joohyun looked appalled at Mr Son’s unashamed candidness and so she countered one of her own. “And has… what is best for Seungwan worked for Sooyeon?”

Mr Son froze and he had balled his hands into such tight fists that his knuckles were turning white.

“I’m sorry Mr Son for bringing up your family sad past but I just really wish you could see that you cannot force anything on your daughters. They are human beings as well and all Seungwan is asking for is happiness. I don’t exactly know what happened with Sooyeon but I truly hope Seungwan would not end up like her sister. I only want Seungwan to be happy and I truly love her for who she is.”  

Mr Son seemed about to say something when the phone on his desk began to ring again, after he had rejected it multiple times. It was an urgent call this time round and the words flashed clearly on the screen was “younger daughter”. in a deep breath, Mr Son picked it up.

 

“Father- Mr Son, how could you do that to my girlfriend?! Don’t you dare do or say anything to harm her. I am coming back home. Right now!”

“You would speak to your father in this manner because of a girl?”

“She is not just any girl, she is my girlfriend,” Seungwan hissed. “Just don’t do anything to harm her or I will make sure you regret it!”

“Son Seungwan! Know your place! You are my daughter and you are still legally a part of the Sons!”

“And I am of age! I have my own life to lead! Whatever it is, just cease whatever you are doing with Joohyun. I am already on my way… ...”

Mr Son was about to scold his daughter for her rudeness and improper use of language when he heard more panicked sounds from his daughter. 

“Seungwan, what is happening?” Mr Son asked in surprise.

“I don’t know… father, my brake won’t work…”

Then shortly after came sounds of traffic; tyres screeching and a loud crash. Mr Son felt his heart crashing along with those sounds. “Seungwan! Son Seungwan! Where are you?!”

 

In Mr Son’s eyes, there was fear, real fear and that fear was something that made Joohyun’s own heart stop.

Minutes later, when the Sons got wind of what had happened, blood ran cold in Joohyun’s veins, colder than the harshest winter night.

**

Bobby now had allies with him. The nerve of them to come into this room. Bobby and Donghyuk flanked them but they did nothing more except to leer at the girls. They prowled the room as though they were prey.

Additionally, they had ordered drinks and toasted the girl mockingly. Jennie was careful not to touch the drinks lest they were spiked. She knew she should be kicking up a fuss and leave but she could not do so, not when she did not know how these guys plan to mess with her leader.

Jennie’s sense of foreboding grew.

“Giving your leader a warning call?” Bobby teased.

“You guys are so low,” Jennie hissed. Just then her phone began buzzing in her hands and she rejected it.

“Come on, sweetiepie, don’t say that, you are too harsh,” Bobby leered again again and slid his arm around Jennie’s waist this time round.

Before Jennie could even react, she saw a punch flying towards Bobby’s face and Jennie nearly gasped. Another punch would have connected with the thug’s face if Rose had not pulled Jisoo away. Jennie put herself in front of Rose and her girlfriend as Bobby’s men stepped forward.

“Back off, you guys will be in trouble if we get hurt,” Jennie warned and signalled to Rose for the door. However, Jisoo remained steadfast and even challenged the thugs further. Jennie had never seen this side of Jisoo and was slightly taken aback.

“What are you guys planning to do with Wendy?” Jisoo asked in a menacing tone and the two thugs backpaced a step.

Bobby’s face spasmed once before that oily grin crept back into his face. “Why don’t you call Chanyeol and get him here before something bad happens to your leader.”

Jennie’s heart clenched and she was almost seized by panic until

“I already told you-”

Bobby had interrupted before Jennie had finished her sentence. “that the rich boy’s parents have banned him from coming to the club. Yes, yes, we get it.”

His eyes had darkened then. “Then, we have ways for him to come to us.”  

Jennie’s phone buzzed again and the girl was about to reject it again until Bobby had said something even more ominous.

“Well, your phone is ringing, better check up on your leader before something happens,” Bobby said again before putting some distance between them and motioning Jennie to pick up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter