Chapter 25: If Jealousy Could Kill

Day or Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun thought her heart would stop when the results were announced. They were second in place for the entire competition, perhaps the first ever all-female team that has ever gotten in the top three. Seungwan’s face was almost as pale as a sheet and Joy looked as if she was going to throw her dinner back up as they went on stage to receive their prizes.

Additionally, Doyoung and Jaehyun’s team was placed first. The boys had cried unglamorously during the revelations and had given each other brotherly hugs which Joohyun had fortunately avoided getting involved in. They had finally atoned for their mistakes. Despite Taeil’s team not getting the third place, they were still placed in the top five and were proud of their own achievements.

It was an incredible feat and as the Club President, this was the most satisfactory feeling on Earth.

Once the teams were all gathered back in the holding room, Joohyun had wanted to kiss Seungwan so badly but it was impossible to do so with so many pairs of eyes watching them. Instead, they shared looks of affection and gratefulness with one another. All those weeks of preparation and the rollercoaster of emotions that they were put through were eventually worth it.

I am so proud of you, Seungwan.

“We did it! We did it! Oh my god, I cannot believe I actually won a competition! This is going to look so good on my resume!” Joy exclaimed and hopped on the same spot.

 “Y-Yea… we did it…” Seungwan said numbly.

Joohyun peered into Seungwan’s face worriedly and saw that the girl’s eyes held tears in them. No longer caring about the looks that would be casted on them, Joohyun pulled Seungwan in for a hug. Joy gasped at their overly enthusiastic display of actions.

“Your sister would be so proud of you, Seungwan.” Joohyun whispered into the girl’s ears and along with Seungwan’s nods, she soon felt her shoulder sleeve dampen.

“Oh my god, Seungwan, are you crying?” Joy exclaimed and wiped the girl’s face which was still propped on Joohyun’s shoulder. “Stop crying, you make me feel like crying too,” Joy later complained.

 

“Oh gosh… did Wen… I mean Seungwan just cry? Why are her eyes so red?” Rose teased as she walked over with the other girls once they have exited the auditorium.

Jennie had stealthily made her through all of them and hugged her leader tightly. It was made rather apparent that Jennie must have cried too because her eyes were rimmed with red but the others spared her of the embarrassment, temporarily.

“Come on now, we’ve got a performance later, you have got to stop crying lest you sound too hoarse, like Jennie,” Jisoo cooed and patted Seungwan’s head, treating their leader like a child.

“I don’t sound hoarse!” Jennie whined and Seungwan laughed.

Joohyun watched all of their display of affections and attempts to cheer Seungwan up with a huge smile on her face. Usually Wendy was the dominant one but now that she is Seungwan, she was treated like their most precious baby.

“Joohyun, you will be coming along with us to watch us perform right?” Jennie asked with a wink.

Joohyun nodded and before Jennie could ask her usual question, Joohyun had replied her. “Of course. No Jennie, I am still not a fan of yours yet.”

Jennie pouted at Joohyun’s brutal words and that made Seungwan laugh again.

The girls were so absorbed with their talks that they had not realised that Joy and Taeyeon had crept up behind them. 

 

Tiffany had returned back to the office to rush out some last-minute work and Taeyeon was about to give her favourite junior a hug before she went off but was surprised to find only Joy with Seulgi and the rest of the club members. Joy later complained that both her team members had abandoned her to convened with their friends. Later, Taeyeon planted the idea in Joy’s mind to find their President and give her a good scare. Never did she expect that she would be in so much more of a treat.

“Where are you guys going? I thought I heard something about performing” Joy barged in nosily.

The three other girls who had apparently came to support the team then had apologetic smiles on their faces as they looked to Seungwan before they excused themselves.

“See you later,” said the girl with sweet-looking eyes.

Another girl blew them a kiss cheekily and held the hands of the girl with sweet-looking eyes as they walked away. The third merely rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Returning her mind to what she had just heard, Taeyeon directed her attention to Seungwan.

“You perform?” Taeyeon turned and asked in incredulousness.

“I-I… uh…” Seungwan stammered.

“Seungwan, really? You perform? What do you perform? What is it that you guys have been keeping from me, I am really dying of curiosity,” Joy complained so loudly that Joohyun had to shush her.

A perplexed look crossed both Joohyun and Seungwan’s face. Both girls feared that if they had not placated Joy soon enough, they would soon attract the attention of their club members.

“Yes, Joy… I… perform from time to time… it is my hobby. It will take some time to explain but I will do it next time. Can you help me keep it a secret for now? Please…?” Seungwan finally caved in

“Fine but you must let me watch your performance. Whatever it is,” Joy insisted.

Joohyun had jumped in to help Seungwan right then. “Joy, don’t force Seungwan.”

Placing her hand on Joohyun’s and signalling with her eyes that it was fine, Seungwan then stepped forth. It was then that Taeyeon saw the extreme worry in Joohyun’s eyes and thought she might have learned a thing or two about their relationship.   

“It’s okay… Joy, I will be performing later, if you’d like to watch then… you may come…” Remembering that Taeyeon was there as well, Seungwan turned politely to her and asked, “T-Taeyeon… if you are keen to watch as well then... you may come along as well…”

“Is that really okay?” Taeyeon asked, suddenly feeling concerned about the girl’s feelings.

Seungwan nodded. “Shall we make haste?”

“I drove here, I can send you guys to uh… wherever Seungwan’s performance is held at?”

“S-Sure… it is actually pretty nearby…” Seungwan answered.

Seungwan’s face had redden right then and Joohyun looked even more troubled. As Taeyeon and Joohyun walked ahead of Joy and Seungwan, the senior gave her junior an apologetic smile for having putting Seungwan in a difficult spot.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked Joy to snoop up on you guys. Didn’t expect Joy to be so insistent.”

“It’s okay… well I guess… if Seungwan is okay then I guess I’m okay too. The cat will eventually be let out of the bag anyway, I guess Seungwan thought it would be better if it is sooner rather than later. At least it is only Joy who is curious now… can’t imagine if the other club members got wind about this,” Joohyun replied with an uncertain smile.

Taeyeon nodded. She threw a glance over her shoulder to where Seungwan and Joy had lagged behind as they headed for the carpark. Joy was bugging Seungwan for more answers and the girl only gave mysterious smiles but other than that, she still seemed in a relatively good spirit. Comparing both Seungwan and Joohyun’s expressions, it seemed as if Joohyun was the one who was more upset than Seungwan. Taeyeon began to wonder if this Seungwan girl was the person whom Joohyun had an interest in.

 

Joohyun wanted so badly to help Seungwan untangle herself from the situation earlier but seeing as how Seungwan seemed to have wanted to manage it herself, Joohyun had kept her silence.

Now, as Joy, Taeyeon and herself waited at a table for the Blue Vanguards to change into their performance outfits, Joohyun would have to endure all of Joy’s questions.

“J-Joohyun…you mean… Seungwan is an underground rapper?! Not just any rapper, a pretty famous one at that?! And you knew all of these?!”

Sighing, Joohyun nodded. “Yes to all of your questions.”

Joy brought her hands to her hand and massaged her temples vigorously as she tried to calm herself. Taeyeon only watched their exchanges in silence, at times sporting a faint bemused smile. Joohyun did not know what to think about this situation. Her senior had come to watch her pitch competition and was now

“Seriously… Seungwan is a rapper… At a huge club like this… She must be really good…” Joy continued muttering

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter