Chapter 23: Heart's Desire

Day or Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hooking Wendy over with a finger, Joohyun tried to put on her most seductive expression to bewitch the rapper. They were once again in the garage after Wendy had just completed an open mic performance at one of the smaller bars, together with Jennie. It was a last-minute job, requiring only the rappers and both girls had not minded taking it up at all since there was much cause to celebrate that night.

Joohyun had been resisting the urge to smooch Wendy throughout their performance and whenever Wendy had casted a glance in her direction, Joohyun would feel as though her heart was almost bursting. A few times, the audience in the bar had gotten too close to the stage and the girls. It gave Joohyun burning desire to torch whoever had ogled too openly at her rapper. Wendy is mine. Her piercing stares screamed.

After the performance, Jennie had left quickly but not before giving a taunting wink to Wendy. Wendy later explained to Joohyun that the wink meant that she had made up with Jisoo and that made Joohyun so happy for the couple. Joohyun really liked Jisoo despite only having interacted with the girl a couple of times but knew that the two of them shared many similarities especially with respect to how they treasured their partners. Jisoo must have love Jennie a lot, like how she loved Wendy and Seungwan a lot as well.

Lying on the bean bed, and upon successfully coaxing Wendy over, Joohyun had wrapped both her legs around Wendy’s waist, yanking the girl downwards.

There was a sharp intake of breath from Wendy as their waists collided. Sitting atop Joohyun, Wendy gave her infamous crooked smile and smoothed Joohyun’s collar. Joohyun’s heart pumped faster and she felt the heat spread from her crotch urging her to fasten her hold around Wendy’s waist.

Wendy began walking her fingers down Joohyun’s collar to the first button on her shirt. Joohyun mewled, pleading for Wendy to hurry. Instead, Wendy placed a finger on Joohyun’s lips.

“Let’s not be too hasty, shall we, Miss President. We will still need our formal wears for the final rounds of the pitch competition.”

Joohyun grinned fiercely and she was reminded of their spectacular performance earlier, earning them a sure spot in the final round. The decision for them to proceed had been almost instantaneous and unanimous from the judges. When they further received the news that it was all three of their teams that had made it through, Joohyun almost burst into tears of elation. Perhaps, they would truly win the prize money and be absolved of their mistakes of losing the club’s funds. Even if they did not, it was a great feat for her, as the President of the club, to have led both three teams into the finals.

Joohyun was ecstatic and she attributed all these to the good fortune she had been bestowed with ever since she had met Wendy. The President then turned her attention back to the rapper and began ing her lover’s shirt.

“Of course, don’t you dare ruin my best shirt,” Joohyun warned and tilted her head back and gestured for Wendy to take her lips as their fingers scrambled for the buttons.

Naturally, Wendy had her own ideas of what to do with the President. The sly rapper ignored Joohyun’s wants and continued with her work of undoing the President’s buttons as well. Joohyun bit her lips and gave out a grunt of annoyance. Then she saw the glint in Wendy’s eyes and she dove in to ravish her lips. Joohyun had been so distracted with the kiss that she was only done with undoing the buttons on Wendy’s shirt after Wendy had successfully eased her out of hers.

 

Wendy had dumped Joohyun’s shirt carelessly by their bed as she continued showering kisses of love along Joohyun’s collarbones before Joohyun had managed to help her take off her shirt. Joohyun’s toss was even more careless but Wendy did not care.

That night was similar to their first night except that they were now more attuned with each other’s bodily reactions and aware of one another’s preferences.

**

Jennie and Jisoo were in the café near the club that evening. It was a nail-biting moment for Jennie and the girl thought she had never felt so nervous in her lifetime as she waited for Lisa to arrive. Jisoo who had been calmly sitting right next to her was trying to offer her comfort by smoothing her hand over her thighs every now and then.

“Jisoo… are you sure you want to stay here?” Jennie asked uncertainly.

Jisoo had her best reassuring smile on as she nodded to Jennie. “Of course, it is something we have got to face together right?”

Jennie shut her eyes and shook her head lightly while sighing. “I guess it is. Easier that way.”

The doors to the café swung open and with it, was the appearance of Lisa. Lisa halted in her steps when she saw Jisoo and later gave the pair a shaky smile. Jennie felt bad for dropping the bomb on Lisa like this but this would perhaps be the best for all three of them.

“Hey Lisa, what would you like to order? Jennie’s paying today,” Jisoo said cheerily and handed their former band member the menu.

Lisa received the menu awkwardly and looked to Jennie as if to grasp the situation. Yet, it was the look she shared between Jisoo and Lisa that gave her the hint.

“Y-You said you had something important to tell me?” Lisa asked, shuttling her attention between both her former band members.

Jennie sat up straighter, trying to ease the knot that had formed in her stomach. “U-Uhm… yea.”

Jisoo had helpfully interrupted them. “Let’s order and eat first,” Jisoo told the two of them and they nodded.

They had their main course and the atmosphere turned more comfortable with their bellies filled with warm food. They started talking over desserts. Lisa updated Jisoo whom she had not seen in a very long time about her school’s activities.

Jisoo expressed her surprise at how Lisa and Wendy had never truly met up despite them studying in the same school, living in the same dormitory and having a mutual group of friends.

“Well… I thought it might be awkward if other people knew that Wendy and I knew each other.”

“Why?” Jisoo asked.

Lisa shrugged. “Wendy is actually a little shy at school and… well… she is famous for being a rich kid, infamous, actually.”

Both Jisoo and Jennie pursed their lips. Having shadowed Wendy around in school during that difficult period of time after Jessica’s death, they both knew how Wendy was extremely withdrawn in school and had nearly no friends.

“You are not embarrassed of becoming associated with Wendy in school, are you?” Jisoo asked straightforwardly.

Lisa’s eyes went wide and she shook her head. “No, absolutely not… it is just weird.”

Jisoo jutted her jaw to one side as she observed Lisa. “Lisa, I think you need to let go of trying to maintain your image, whether in school or outside. You know we all miss having you in our band right?”

Looking away ashamedly, Lisa nodded. “I’m sorry, I really left abruptly.”

Nodding understandingly, Jisoo said. “It is not easy, I know. We are all transiting to the next phase in our lives. You can always come back home if you want to.”

Lisa did not speak but she conveyed her gratitude with a slight nod at the offer.  

Jennie bit her lips as she thought about how Jisoo could make others listen so easily and felt lucky that this girl was her girlfriend.

“Lisa… I have something to tell you.” Jennie began and her eyes met Jisoo’s before she looked away.

In that brief moment that their eyes connected, it lent Jennie the courage to follow through with what she had come here for.

“Jisoo is my girlfriend, we are officially together.” 

Jennie saw the look of surprise wash over Lisa’s face and that surprise was pronounced in her action as well. Lisa stirred her iced tea jerkily and her eyes shifted about.

Jennie continued. “I was already with Jisoo before the night we kissed.”

The column of Lisa’s neck tightened but Jennie did not stop.

“It was wrong of me to respond to your kiss, Lisa. I am sorry, I am with Jisoo and nothing is going to come between us.”

Lisa looked up back to them and in it and Jennie saw a hint of sadness and perhaps anger. “You called me out here as an insult?”

“N-No… I did not mean to do that. I just thought it would be easier if I made it clear for you, for me, for all three of us.”

“Jennie, did you not love me then?” Lisa asked boldly.

Jennie felt Jisoo stiffen next to her. Fortunately, Jennie had expected that question and did not flinch. “I did but I love Jisoo more now.”

Lisa clearly did not anticipate Jennie’s response as she sank back into her chair. “You love Jisoo more,” Lisa repeated.

“Yes, I love Jisoo more. Hence, I have decided to not keep anything from her.” Jennie said calmly.

Jisoo’s fingers had reached out to brush against hers under the table and Jennie took her hand without second thoughts.

“So…” Struggling for more words to say, Lisa had relieved her of that trouble as she interjected.

“Okay, I get it Jennie. I will not attempt to ruin our friendship. I just…”

Jennie cocked her head forward as she waited for Lisa to go on.

“Never mind… I will be going…” Lisa stood up and Jisoo did as well.

Stretching out a hand, Jennie said, “like what Jisoo had said, come back if you feel like making music, Lisa. School is not everything. We are still friends and members of the same band regardless of what happened.”

Lisa looked at the outstretched hand tentatively and after letting out a sigh, she took it. “All the best to the two of you. I will see you when I see you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter