THIRTEEN

That man, Jung Taekwoon

Hakyeon woke up uncomfortably. He felt cold and the warm bodies of his beloved partner and first born is nowhere in sight. He looked around and noticed that it's quiet..too quiet for his liking.

He got off the bed. There really was something odd.

"Taekwoon? Love?", he called out.

He went out of the room. He went through the kitchen and the living room. Still, Taekwoon and Baby Heeseok was not in sight.

NO

​​​NO

NO

Hakyeon ran back to their bedroom and stopped in front of their closet. Please, no. Please, no. He kept on chanting.

​​​Slowly, he opened the closet and he immediately bursted to tears.

Taekwoon's space in the closet is empty. Only a note was left in there.

"I'm sorry" was written in the note.

Hakyeon spent a few moments crying his eyes out. He has lost his greatest love and his son.

But he got up and ran to the front door. If I can move more quickly, I would be able to catch up to them.

He was about to open the door when someone knocked. He immediately turned the knob, "Taek--"

"Hakyeon hyung!"

"Jae--Jaehwany?"

The man, Jaehwan, nodded.

"Jaehwan, if you need to talk to me, please stay here for awhile. I have to look for someone," he said in a hurry.

"Hyung, if you are looking for your roommate, then he's fine!"

Hakyeon paused. "Roommate?"

"Ah yeah you're roommate. What was his name? Taek--? Ah I can't remember!"

"Tell me," Hakyeon rushed to Jaehwan, immediately holding the collar of the latter's shirt, "Tell me, what you know?", Hakyeon half shouted.

"Hyung, calm down," Jaehwan pulled Hakyeon closer to him and hugged the smaller male. "I'll tell you what I know". Jaehwan patted Hakyeon's back.

"We met a few weeks back. I saw him sitting alone at the park, looking very stressed. So I went up to him and asked him why. Well, he did not answer my question." Jaehwan chuckled, "He just asked me if I happen to know Cha Hakyeon..you! Then he asked for my number and he went off to somewhere I do not know."

Jaehwan leads Hakyeon to the living room, and they sat side by side. "I received a message from him earlier. He told me that he is moving out because he does not want to be a burden to you. He told me that he got a son, and so he does not want to bother you with his responsibilities."

Hakyeon, at that point, is shaking his head. Why would he be a bother to me?

"Apparently he contacted a Han Sanghyuk, if I remember the name correctly. He told me that he will be your new roommate."

Sanghyuk? How did Taekwoon knew?

Hakyeon sniffed, "Jaehwany, Taekwoon is not just a roommate. The son he told you about is my son too!" Hakyeon started crying again, "Jaehwany, Taekwoon is my fiancé. We should be building our family together..." he looked down as tears won't stop rolling down his cheeks. He then told Jaehwan what happened the night he broke the news of his pregnancy to Taekwoon, not missing any detail.

"Hyung--"

"So..he did not really love me?"

"Hyung, I--"

"You can go now, Jaehwan. Thank you for telling me everything."

"Hyung please.."

"What are you even doing here?"

Jaehwan sighed.

"Taekwoon hyung contacted me to accompany you for the night, or until your new roommate arrives."

Hakyeon gulped, "Why?"

"He told me you can't sleep alone during the night."

Again, Hakyeon broke down to tears.

Even if he chose to leave me here and fulfill his promise of leaving no traces of him and our baby, he still thought of me. He still cares.