SEVEN

That man, Jung Taekwoon

I got back home with the sight of Taekwoon sitting at the couch in the living room.

He did not heard me enter our shared apartment unit because he had yet to look at my direction.

I cleared my throat in order to get his attention. He snapped his head to my direction, and I saw his eyes light up a bit.

With conscious steps, he moved towards me. Based on his gestures, I know he plans to hug me but stopped midway. Instead of hugging me like the usual, accompanied with a soft kiss on my lips, he opted to hold my arm.

"Love, let's talk?", he told me.

I told myself that it is now or never. And so I nodded at him.

He guided me and we sat down next to each other.

I know he is still thinking of what to say, and so I decided to just broke the silence between us.

"I am pregnant," I looked at him as I say those words. He is clearly surprised, the emotion is evident on his face.

"Is that why you are acting like that around me? Hormones?", he said in whisper.

"No, listen.", I sat up straight and looked at him directly. "I am pregnant with your child but I do not want this baby. I do not want you anymore."

He was taken aback. He looked down the floor, with tears building up his eyes.

"Why?", he says in his shaky voice. "I thought we are okay?", upon saying that he broke down. "I..We are about to get married..why now?", he covers his face with his hands in frustration.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and reached for his hand. I told myself I've got to tell him now, I've got to tell him now

"I love someone else", I said while I turn him to face me. "Please let me go", I pleaded him.

He was crying so hard.

I do not know what to do, and so I stood up quietly. But before I can move, Taekwoon gripped my hand.

"Listen to me, first," he said in between sobs.

I caressed his hair and waited patiently.

"I understand now. You don't really love me. I was just blinded by my love to you.", he looked up to me and stood up slowly. "Just give birth to our baby you are carrying right now then I'll let you go."

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I listen to him.

"I'll take care of you. The day we go back to this apartment with our baby in our hands, I'll go. I'll take the baby with me. I promise that there will be no traces of me, nor the baby inside this apartment."