ELEVEN

That man, Jung Taekwoon

Despite the unsureness of their relationship, Hakyeon and Taekwoon's interactions got better.

Every morning, Hakyeon would find Taekwoon cooking breakfast for the both of them. Hakyeon then would snake his arms around Taekwoon from behind.

They will have small chatter, share laughter.

Hakyeon would walk Taekwoon to the main door. Without fail, he would send Taekwoon off with a kiss on his lips.

__________

Hakyeon, a few days away from his ninth month of pregnancy, became more sensitive and careful when moving.

Taekwoon, since Hakyeon reached his 8th month of pregnancy, all willingly cut down his working hours to half in order to take good care of Hakyeon. Sometimes, he would skip a day or two of work. He wouldn't mind getting scolded as long as he got to make sure that Hakyeon is safe and healthy.

__________

"Hakyeon, don't move too much!", shouted Taekwoon from their bedroom.

Hakyeon, slowly but surely, walk towards their room. He nodded to himself upon hearing Taekwoon.

Hakyeon opened the door to their bedroom and saw Taekwoon packing.

Hakyeon got surprised by the sight. Taekwoon sitting on the floor, filling up a bag with clothes and toiletries.

Is Taekwoon leaving me? The first thought that popped in Hakyeon's head.

He swallowed the tears that started to build up. He shakingly said to Taekwoon, "What are you doing?"

Taekwoon looked up to him, and smiled lovingly. He stood up from the floor and approached Hakyeon. He carefully lifted Hakyeon in bridal style and laid him on the bed.

Taekwoon laid beside Hakyeon. He pulls Hakyeon closer to him, allowing the other to lay his head on his chest. He kissed Hakyeon's forehead.

"I'm just packing our things. You might give birth earlier than expected, so we have to be prepared." Taekwoon started to play with Hakyeon's fingers. "I'm actually thinking of bringing you in the hospital by this weekend."

"But that will cost you much!"

Taekwoon shook his head. "That won't matter. As long as you won't have a hard time, then it is fine."

"Taekwoon--"

"It's okay, really. I've saved enough." He smiled to Hakyeon, reassuring.

Hakyeon did not reply anymore but instead, he hugged Taekwoon tighter.

"I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble. I don't know how to repay you," Hakyeon sobbed.

"You don't have to do anything. Just promise me that you will be healthy."

Hakyeon cried more upon hearing Taekwoon's reply.

__________

Taekwoon brought Hakyeon to the hospital that weekend. Hakyeon was against it at first but Taekwoon reasoned out that he had sold his car so travelling during the due time would be more risky for Hakyeon and the baby.

And so here they are in the hospital.

Unbeknownst to Taekwoon, Hakyeon is watching his every move. Hakyeon is afraid that the man would leave him.

But he did not.

Taekwoon immediately placed their huge bag beside Hakyeon's bed. He pulled a chair and sat next to Hakyeon. He took hold of the latter's hand and placed a kiss on it. He look at Hakyeon oh so lovingly.

Hakyeon, with all his strength, leaned closer to Taekwoon, closing the gap between them.

"I love you", Hakyeon whispered between their kiss.