NINE

That man, Jung Taekwoon

Hakyeon woke up early today. The usual, he was cuddled up in Taekwoon's embrace.

He remembered Taekwoon's speech last night. He decided that he would try to be the Hakyeon that he was in the previous years of their relationship.

He wrapped his arms around the man beside him. He pulled him closer to him, if that's even possible. He caressed Taekwoon's hair then his cheeks.

Oh...Had Taekwoon ever been this skinny?

As the thought came to him, he realized that he has not paying much attention to the man beside him. Taekwoon had lost so much weight..probably because of overworking.

As the time ticked at 6:30am, Taekwoon's phone started ringing.

Hakyeon reached for the phone and immediately turned off the alarm.

Taekwoon started to shift in Hakyeon's embrace. But Hakyeon did not have any plans on letting Taekwoon out of the bed, nor out of the apartment for today.

Hakyeon pulled Taekwoon closer to him.

"Sleep in for today?", he asked Taekwoon.

Taekwoon lightly shook his head. "My boss will be mad", he slowly sat up.

Hakyeon sat up and wrapped his arms around Taekwoon's torso. "You have the number of your boss in your phone, right? I can try to ask permission from him so you can sleep in for today."

Taekwoon took hold of Hakyeon's arms, attempting to remove those off him. "It's okay", he said.

"Please?"
"Hakyeon.."
"Please? I'll just try?"
"...."

Hakyeon pecked Taekwoon's lips. "Please?"

Another peck.
"Please?"

And another.
"Please?"

Taekwoon stared at Hakyeon. "Fine," he let Hakyeon have his phone, "but if my boss won't allow me to have the day off then I'll go."

Hakyeon nodded enthusiastically. He proceeded to search for the number of Taekwoon's boss in the contacts menu. He decided to give Taekwoon's boss a call instead of just sending a message.

Taekwoon was busy looking at the window when he heard Hakyeon spoke.

"Uhm good morning? This is Cha Hakyeon, Jung Taekwoon's partner. I was wondering if Taekwoon can take a day off for today? ", Hakyeon paused as he listen to the other line. "Ah that..I would be needing the father to my child to accompany me around for the day, especially that I'll have a maternal check up today...ah yes, I'm roughly on my 6th month of pregnancy.", Hakyeon paused again to listen to the other line.

Taekwoon was watching Hakyeon closely. As Hakyeon took notice of the attention Taekwoon is giving him, he took Taekwoon's hand and placed it on his baby bump. Hakyeon leaned to Taekwoon's chest before responding to the on-going call, "That is so nice of you. Thank you so much! I hope you'll have a nice day!", with that Hakyeon ended the call and placed the phone on the night stand.

"Your boss told me that he is giving you a day off today and that tomorrow you don't have to go to work, too. You just have to go to work earlier on Monday," Hakyeon told Taekwoon. "Come on, let's go to sleep!", he placed his hands on Taekwoon's shoulder and pushed him lightly so Taekwoon would be lying down. Hakyeon, too, laid down next to Taekwoon, with his head placed on the other man's chest.

"Wait..I thought I have to accompany you to your check up today?", asked Taekwoon.

"I just made that up so he will let you off today," Hakyeon yawned, "Let's go back to sleep..."

And just after, Hakyeon fell asleep.

Taekwoon looked down at the man next to him. "Thank you," he kissed Hakyeon's forehead, "I love you."