SIXTEEN

That man, Jung Taekwoon

It has been a few days since Taekwoon and Heeseok moved in to Hakyeon and Sanghyuk's apartment unit.

Everyone is happy, well except for Sanghyuk. He knew that at some point, Taekwoon will be his competition to Hakyeon and so he must make a move.

__________

Hakyeon thought Sanghyuk is an evil.

Sanghyuk told Hakyeon that he is not happy that " "someone" is living with the both of them. "But he is not just anyone, Sanghyuk! Taekwoon is my bestfriend!" Hakyeon reasoned out.

Sanghyuk threatened Hakyeon that he will force Taekwoon and Heeseok out of their apartment. "But, Sanghyuk, they really need help!"

​​​​​​But Hakyeon's cries and pleas were not heard.

Hakyeon saw Sanghyuk smirked. Hakyeon thought was this very person in front of him was really the person he had loved before? The person he told Taekwoon he loved even when he was with the younger, carrying their child? Or had he turned to a devil without Hakyeon knowing?

"Well, you know, they can stay here in one condition.." Sanghyuk said.

"And what is the condition?", Hakyeon braved to look at Sanghyuk.

"Marry me."

Hakyeon thought he heard his heart shattered into pieces.

__________

Hakyeon went out of their room.

His eyes were puffy from crying too much. Sanghyuk gave him a day to think of his decision.

He spotted Taekwoon looking standing by the window, carrying a sleeping Heeseok. He was looking at the starry sky.

Hakyeon put on his brave mask. He slowly approached the younger and wrapped his arms from behind. He felt the younger stiffened in his hold. "It's me," Hakyeon whispered. Hakyeon felt Taekwoon nodded, and slowly he relaxed in Hakyeon's arms.

"What are you doing here? It's late!", Hakyeon asked the younger.

"Wondering.."

"Wondering?"

"Wondering if my partner is happy. If he's all warmed up. I suddenly thought he must have been alone.." Taekwoon bit at his bottom lip.

"How did you know that your partner's a "he"?", Hakyeon tried to hide his sobs.

"Jaehwan, Dr. Kim's fiancé. He told me that I was to be married but somehow along the way the gods had probably hated me, and so they took my partner away from me.." Taekwoon sighed, "I don't know where he is right now. But right now, I just hope that he is somewhere safe, looking up and watching this starry sky too. I want to remember quickly so I can find him..and when that happens, I'll come running to him and apologize for whatever mistakes I have done to him.." Taekwoon smiled a little at his statements.

Hakyeon is holding his tears inside, Taekwoonie..I'm here. I'll help you in all ways possible, so you can remember.

​​​​​Hakyeon thought he had to make the decision now.

 

​​​​​​

​​​​​​​