EXTRA CHAPTER 6

That man, Jung Taekwoon

To say that Hakyeon is worried is an understatement.

Hakyeon shifted to his side and stretched out his hand to search for the familiar warmth of the bodies of that of his son and his husband, but there is nothing but space under his fingertips.

He sits up and glance around the room, and there he found the empty crib.

No, no! It can't be!

He panics. He keeps on looking around, but he can't stand as he is too scared to do so. What if he is left alone again?

But before he starts crying, he hears the door to the bedroom click open. There he sees his first born, Heeseok, entering the room with a small tray, which contains a plate of pancakes and a cup of coffee, in his hands.

Hakyeon rubs his eyes, just to make sure that he is not dreaming.

His eyes followed the figure behind Heeseok. There he sees his husband, Taekwoon, carrying the sleeping twins.

Hakyeon did not notice, but he was holding his breath for a long time and so he let out a sigh of relief. He watches his husband place their newborns in the crib, but Heeseok distracts him by placing the tray he is carrying on his lap.

"Good morning, dad!," Heeseok says happily.

Hakyeon does not trust his voice yet and so he leans forward to envelope the small boy in his arms. He places a kiss on his hair.

"Papa and I woke up early because the twins were crying so loud!," Heeseok says as he lightly pulls away from Hakyeon. "Papa is worried that you might wake up so we have to move out of the room quickly."

Hakyeon nods and cups Heeseok's cheeks. "Ah! Papa and I made breakfast for you, dad! Papa asked Heeseok what to eat for breakfast and Heeseok thought that everyone likes pancakes! So papa cooked pancakes and prepared the coffee," Heeseok grins by the time he finished talking.

"Ah!", Heeseok snaps his fingers, "Heeseok placed the strawberries and syrup on the pancakes!"

Hakyeon chuckles at his first born's antics. He whispers a soft thank you before peppering kisses on Heeseok's face.

Taekwoon clears his throat to get the attention of both Hakyeon and Heeseok. He immediately smiles at them the moment they turn their attention to him.

"Baby," Taekwoon calls Heeseok, "Can you get the other tray? The one with toasts and your milk? We'll have breakfast in bed?" Heeseok nods and immediately runs out the room.

Taekwoon comes closer to the bed to sit just beside Hakyeon. He takes the tray from Hakyeon's lap and places it neatly on the floor. He sits up straight and takes his beloved in his embrace.

"I'm so sorry," he whispers as he gently runs his fingers through Hakyeon's hair, "You must have been so scared."

Hakyeon lightly nods. "I'm so sorry," Taekwoon says as he pulls back just enough to place trails of kisses on Hakyeon's face.

"I'm here," he whispers before placing a gentle kiss on his beloved's lips. He rests his forehead on Hakyeon's, "I won't be going anywhere," he says as he looked at Hakyeon straight in his eyes.

Taekwoon is glad to see the light back in his beloved's eyes. He pulls Hakyeon back in his arms, closer as if it is still possible.

Their moment was cut short when the door opened.

As soon as Heeseok sees his parents hugging, he rushes to place the tray he is currently holding right next to the first tray he brought in. "Dad! Papa! Heeseok wants hugs too!", he exclaims.

Both Hakyeon and Taekwoon laugh softly as to not disturb their sleeping angels. They gestured to hug Heeseok by extending their arms, and their son is happier to comply.

 

"Hakyeon," Taekwoon whispers as he makes an eye contact to Hakyeon, "I love you."