SEVENTEEN

That man, Jung Taekwoon

"Nervous?" Taekwoon asked as he watched Hakyeon, who was wearing a white suit, paced the room back and forth.

Hakyeon gripped at the bouquet in his hand.

Yes, he had decided to marry Sanghyuk in order to keep Taekwoon and Heeseok close by his side.

Unbeknownst to Hakyeon, little tears escaped from his eyes.

Taekwoon came closer to him and enveloped him a huge hug. "You must have love him so much that made you act this way," Taekwoon said as he caressed Hakyeon's back. "It's okay. It will be over before you knew it." He whispered reassuringly to Hakyeon.

Hakyeon, who was still enveloped in Taekwoon's arms, lightly nodded. Although he was holding back to tell Taekwoon that he does not love Sanghyuk, and that he decided to do this so he won't be separated to Taekwoon.

Taekwoon unwrapped his arms around Hakyeon, and he gently patted the back of the latter one. Hakyeon walked slowly to the door that would lead him to Sanghyuk.

It's time..

And Hakyeon felt like crying.

He turned around immediately and ran back to Taekwoon's arms. "Don't cry..it's okay. If anything happens, I'll be here.", he heard Taekwoon say. He nodded meekly and smiled bitterly at himself.

He let go of Taekwoon, and before he knew what he was doing, he placed a peck on the younger's lips.

Hakyeon realized what he had done when he heard the door opened. Ofcourse, Taekwoon was stunned by his reaction but he has no time to explain himself and so he hurriedly walked towards the door, not looking back at Taekwoon's direction. ​​​​​​​​If he did looked back at Taekwoon, he is sure that he would envelope the younger in his embrace once again.

But that would make Sanghyuk furious, and I don't want to be away from Taekwoon and our son.

__________

He slowly walk down the aisle, while trying to focus his line of sight at the end of the path. There stood Sanghyuk, who was watching and waiting for him.

He moved his head from left to right. He easily spotted Taekwoon, who was standing at the leftest chair in the middle row from the right part of the chapel. There beside him was their son, Heeseok, who was holding his father's hand.

Hakyeon smiled at the sight.

He continued walking down the aisle but he felt odd. He does not know anyone from the crowd, aside from Taekwoon and Heeseok, and Jaehwan who was beside them. But he shrugged the thought off, maybe my family was not interested to attend...

He reached the end, and Sanghyuk held his right hand.

Sanghyuk leaned close to him, and he heard him whisper.. "I forgot to tell you," then Hakyeon heard the door of the chapel slammed open, "..Hongbin is my bestfriend." Hakyeon looked at Sanghyuk, and the latter had this annoying grin on his face.

He wanted to tore that grin off Sanghyuk's face, but the grip of the younger on his right hand tightened. He does not why but he forced himself to look back, and when he did, he knew it was the end of him.

There stood Hongbin at the back part of the chapel, handgun in hand and directed at Hakyeon.

"Good job, Sanghyuk!", he heard Hongbin shouted.

He watched in horror as Hongbin pulled the slideback. Hakyeon felt Sanghyuk pushed him forward. His legs were frozen as fear crept over him.

He immediately closed his eyes as he heard the loud sound from the handgun, which indicated that Hongbin had pulled the trigger. He was waiting for the bullet to hit him...

But there was none..instead he felt something else, something warm that had enveloped him..

Another shot, then followed by two more..

What is happening? Why am I still okay?

He heard another shot, and the next that he heard was a shout from a kid..

"Papa!"

He opened his eyes, still not able to process what had happened.

"Why?", he heard a weak whisper next to his ear. "Why didn't you tell me anything about us, love?"

Love...

​​​​​​Love...

​​​​And then it hit him..

He found himself enveloped in Taekwoon's arms. He saw the latter's white suit was covered by a red substance...blood

​​​​​​He gained his focus back, and it was just in time as Taekwoon slowly collapsed in Hakyeon's arms.

Hakyeon found Sanghyuk and Hongbin escaping the chapel. He swore, he would kill them..but not today, he needs to call help for Taekwoon.

He looked up and saw Jaehwan, Dr. Kim's fiancé, calming Heeseok down. He was about to call the latter, but Jaehwan spoke before he could speak.."I've called for help! The ambulance and the police will be here any minute!"

Hakyeon nodded and whispered a soft "thank you".

He looked at the man in his arms. He caressed his cheeks and held him tightly. "Love, I am here. I promise not to leave you. Just please stay still..", he sobbed.

"Please don't leave me.."