FIFTEEN

That man, Jung Taekwoon

Hakyeon had learned that Taekwoon was diagnosed with Retrograde Amnesia, however, temporary. He had learned that Taekwoon was going through sessions of therapies in order for him to regain his memories.

Fortunately, the doctor assigned to Taekwoon was Dr. Kim Wonsik. The doctor is a friend of Hakyeon, and so Hakyeon got Taekwoon's information and monitor the latter's condition.

Hakyeon also told Taekwoon that they knew each other. However, he was still afraid that the man before him will go and leave him and so he told him that they were friends. That they were the best of friends, life long friends even!

Taekwoon giggled. He was so happy to know that, finally, he came across someone who knows him very well.

__________

Hakyeon was about to sleep when he got a message from his friend, Wonsik.

Apparently, Taekwoon stopped his remaining therapy sessions as he can not pay for those. Hakyeon understood, as he knew how hard it was for Taekwoon to work and raise a child on his own.

Hakyeon, again like any other nights, cried himself to sleep.

__________

The next day, Hakyeon found himself inside Taekwoon's rented room.

"I'm sorry. My place is really this small and cluttered," Taekwoon said as he carried Heeseok around the room, trying to tidy up the small space.

Hakyeon shook his head. "It's okay"

"So...what brings you here?", Taekwoon asked as he sat next to Hakyeon.

Hakyeon felt his heart beat faster than the usual. I have to calm myself.

"I was wondering if I could help you in any ways? You can stay in my place, or I'll pay for your remaining therapy sessions.." Hakyeon sighed, "..anything just so you can regain your memories.."

"Hakyeon, it's okay." Taekwoon lightly patted Hakyeon's shoulder. "As much as I want to remember everything that had happened before, they are all in the past now. They won't matter as much as now. So I guess, I'll just build more happy memories.."

But our memories..they matter..I want you to know and remember how much I love you..

Hakyeon looked down and wiped the tears forming at his eyes. "Let's just try?", he said as he looked up.

​​​​​"It's okay.."

"Please?"

"Hakyeon.."

"Please? Let's just try?"

"...."

Hakyeon pouted and before he even knew what he was doing, he hugged Taekwoon.

"Please?"

"...."

"Please?"

"...."

"Please?"

Taekwoon stared at Hakyeon, "Fine".

Hakyeon was really happy. He hugged Taekwoon tighter.

"So you have to choose! You can stay in my place, I have a roommate by the way but you can definitely stay! Or I'll pay for your remaining sessions, or both!! I won't take 'nothing' as an answer!"

Hakyeon noticed that Taekwoon was not paying attention. He rubbed his cheek and turned the latter's head so they were face-to-face. "What is it?" Hakyeon asked.

"I just remembered something. But it's blurry.", Taekwoon told him. "Earlier you were saying..bugging me rather with 'please'," Hakyeon lightly smack Taekwoon's head. The slightly taller man between the two chuckled. "A blurry image of someone popped in my head. That person was saying 'please' too..but that person, probably is my partner?"

"How can you say that that person is your partner?"

"Well," Taekwoon started to blush and then he whispered, "the person kept on kissing me when I don't respond".

Oh. Hakyeon started to blush at the memory.

"Okay, so it's official! You and your lovely son," my son, "would be staying in my place starting tonight! And! I'll be paying for your remaining therapy sessions. No buts!" Hakyeon cut off Taekwoon before the latter can even talk.

Taekwoon softly laugh and moved closer to Hakyeon. He wrapped his arms around the smaller male.

"Thank you, Hakyeon"