EIGHT

That man, Jung Taekwoon

True to Taekwoon's words, he took good care of me.

Every morning, I'll woke up to him cooking breakfast for the both of us. He would pat my cheek before he goest out to work. He still juggles more than two part-times in order to pay for our monthly bills, and ofcourse for the extra expenses for my pregnancy.

I actually felt guilty that he has to spend so much on me. But before we can argue more, he cut me off with a simple "I want to be a good partner."

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat.

__________

Every lunch time, I would go out and meet Sanghyuk. We would stay over the usual cafe and we talk about everything and anything under the sun.

I would found myself captivated by his smile.

But most of the time, I would think of Taekwoon.

"Has he taken a break?", "Has he eaten his lunch already?", and a few more questions. But the trail of thoughts would be cut off by a simple kiss from Sanghyuk.

__________

When I reached the fourth month of my pregnancy, my baby bump was getting obvious,

I stopped meeting Sanghyuk during lunch. I told him I would be on a vacation for a few months. So instead of meeting up, we would be exchanging messages from morning 'til the time I sleep.

Taekwoon is still busy with work, but he did his best in taking care of me. Even when he is tired, he would make sure that I would be asleep first before he does.

__________

One night, I woke up in the middle of the night as I heard soft sobs beside me.

Taekwoon, I immediately thought.

"I know you don't love me anymore but you don't have to ignore me everyday", he whispers. "I just want to love you as much as I can before I go away."

He pressed light kisses on my head.

"I love you so much, Cha Hakyeon."

He placed a brief kiss on my forehead, and lightly caresses my tummy.

"Please love me just like how we were then..before I move out of your life", he begged. "I promise to never show up, just love me until you give birth to our chid.