Chapter 6: The pupa

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

Yewon was sitting in her pavilion, still in her inner robes.

"Lady Kim!" Yewon called out.

Lady Kim entered and kneeled in front of Yewon.

"Prepare my entourage, I will be paying the King a visit." Yewon said.

"Your Highness, your condition-" Yewon sighed,

"Lady Kim, just do as I said."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Lady Kim exits the pavilion and prepares the Ladies in Waiting for the Queen. Yewon was dressed by two other ladies. She smiled and adjusts her dress tassel, a small charm that hands above the dress. Yewon smiles and exits her pavilion as the ladies follow her.

"Your Highness." Lady Kim bowed.

"Your Highness! Bad news!" Yeebin, her other lady in waiting who is close to her ran over.

"What is going on?"

Yeebin looks down. "Your Highness, the King.." Yeebin hesitated.

"The King ordered that Consort Jeon be exiled."

Yewon sighed. "Will I be next?" Yewon asks, she smiles. "It seems nice though, I never received the King's love anyway."

She smiles and walks off as Lady Kim and Yeebin walk behind her, leading the other ladies. Yewon arrives at the entrance of Yoongi's study and sees Lady Son's retainers. She sighs and steps up as the retainers bow to greet her. She watches the door as Seungwan walks out with a smile.

Yewon looks at her and Seungwan stops, "Your Highness.."

Seungwan bows. Yewon nods her head slightly as an acknowledgement. Yewon enters after Seungwan left.

"What do you want?" Yoongi asks as he sneered at Yewon's presence.

"Freedom." Yewon said.

"Instead of you exiling me, I will give up my crown and give it to Consort Son."

Yoongi was shocked. "Why? Isn't that what you wanted? But, our roles reversed. It is not you who's abandoning me, it's me who abandoned you." Yewon said.

"Queen, do you know-"

Yewon smiles. "Yes, I do. It does hurt me to give up my reputation, but it does not hurt more than not receiving love from you. It does not hurt more than the disgrace you made me endure. It does not hurt more than the hate you gave me." Yewon said. "Now, I am granting your wish, leaving the palace and allowing Seungwan to be your Queen."

Yoongi watched Yewon who pulled out a smile.

 "But I have a request. Lift the exile on Consort Jeon. If you must, I will take the blame with her. I knew she was from the Sword's Guild and allowed her to be in the palace. It is my fault to cause an outburst in the palace." Yewon bowed.

Yoongi sighed.

"But My Lord, I should be thankful. For all the false hope you gave, for all the pain you made me go through. It made me realise that men, including the almighty King isn't trustworthy of." Yewon said and left.

Yoongi watched as Yewon left the study with her retainers from the window.

[Pavilion]

"Your Highness!" Namjoon and Somi approached Yewon as she walked back to her pavilion.

"Your Highness." Yewon smiles and enters the pavilion with the both of them entering.

"Your Highness, why did you say that to the king?"

Yewon smiles.

"To protect both of you and the prince." Yewon said, "Somi, I cannot risk losing you. You are the one who I can count on to protect the future prince." Yewon said.

"Your Highness.." Namjoon says.

"Oraeboni, I need you to assist Consort Hwang to protect the prince." Yewon says. "Please, take it as a new request from your old Queen." Yewon says.

"Yes, Your Highness."

Yewon smiles and looks down at her bump.


Hey guys, I am very sorry for being away for a while, I will slowly start updating soon.