Chapter 12

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

[Somi's pov]

"Lady Park!" 

Lady Park entered and bowed, "My Lady?"

I smiled, "Prepare my outer wear, I'm going to visit Yewon.."

"But.. My Lady! Consort Son placed surveillence on you.."

"Gives us all the reasons to reveal that the Queen is back with the future Crown Prince.. Making Seungwan afraid and then she would try and assasinate the prince. However, the King deployed men to protect her, alongside the men from me and Namjoon."

Lady Park nodded, "But.. My Lady is it okay to put the Prince in danger?"

"No, but.. it is the only way for Yewon to return.." I looked at Lady Park, "What are you waiting for? Take out my outfit quickly."

Lady Park took out my normal hanbok and I changed out of my consort's outfit and accessories. I tired my hair in a braid and made it into a bun, inserting a hair stick in it and added a pin into my bun too. I hung my coat on my left arm and left my pavilion. Lady Park and my other retinue, Aeri bowed. They both changed out of their court ladies' outfit and changed into a normal hanbok. I entered a carriage outside of my pavilion. Lady Park and Aeri stood on each side of the carriage and we left the palace.

"My Lady! We have reached!" Lady Kim opened the door of the carriage and Aeri held out her hand and I stood up.

I looked around at the house and environment Yewon stayed in.

'Who are-?" I turned to see Yewon.

"Sister Yewon.."

I ran to her and bowed, "Your Highness."

"Somi-ah.. it's been a while." I smiled as Yewon led me into the house.

I sat down, "How have you been?"

"I'm great.. I managed to clear of my heart condition.. the medicine from Qing helped a lot."

"That's good.." I nod, "Your Highness, any plans to return to the Palace?"

Yewon chuckled, "Not now.."

"Sister Yewon.."

"Somi-ah, I saw the King. He was so far yet so close."

I nodded, "How much I've missed him Somi.. even after all he did, all the times I tried to hate him."

"Your Highness, he misses you too. After you left, the King ordered that your pavilion be renamed to 'Butterfly Pavilion'.."

"Butterfly?" I nod.

"He even had butterflies in the garden of the pavilion.. sometimes he'd go to the pavilion and slept.."

"Why.."

"Yewon.."

"Why can't he hate me."

I smiled, "Yewon... be careful and protect the prince.."

"I got it.. it's late now.. Go back." I nodded and returned to the village.


[Yewon's pov]

I sighed and decided to take a walk.

"My Lady! You-"

I smiled at Lady Kim, "I'll be fast."

"Yes.." 

I walked to a river, "I met you here.."

I walked to the tree and saw an engravement, 'Yeon+Yewon', I traced the outline of it and smiled, I then looked up at the purple ribbon, touching it slightly as it flew in the wind, it remained on the tree for the past 11 years. Sitting down next to tree, I leaned against it and close my eyes, the sun glaring.. then the sun's view was blocked. I opened my eyes and saw Yoongi in front of me, tears welling in his eyes.

"Yewon-ah.."

I was stunned and I turned to run away but he grabbed my hand..

"Come back to me.."

When he said those words, I froze.. oh how I wanted to turn back and just jump into his arms again. 

But I shook off my hand, releasing his grip, "Who are you?"

He looked at me with the delicate eyes that he gave when we first met..

"Yewon-ah.."

I didn't react, holding back myself, "Nice to meet you."

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked.

"I have never met you before, what are you talking about?"

"If we never met, why are you touching at engravement?"

"I met my first love here."

"Yewon-ah!"

I took a step back, "What?"

He held up a satchet, "You made this for me when 11 years ago.."

I looked at the satchet and memories came back to me.

[Flashback]

"Yeon! Yeon!" The 8 year old Yewon ran to the 10 year old Yoongi who was known as Yeon then, before his name was changed to Crown Prince Yoongi.

Yeon turned and smiled, "Yewon-ah!"

Yewon handed Yeon a satchet and blushed, "I got this for you... for the butterfly norigae that you gave me."

Yeon smiled and took the satchet, "Wow! It's a purple butterfly! Thanks Yewon!"

"Let's crave on the tree!" Yeon held Yewon's hand pulled her to the river where a tree stood.

Yeon took out his carving knife and carved out the names in hangeul on the tree.

"If anything happens, remember the tree and we will meet again!"

Yeon tied a purple ribbon on the tree branches.

They seperated..

However, after that day they never met again, seperated by time and status for 6 years...

[back to present]

"Really? I don't-"

"Yewon! Stop pretending! If you are not that Yewon why would you wear the norigae I gave you years ago. Why would you be at the tree?"

"I was just bored."

Yoongi chuckled, "Really? Of all the trees you came here?"

I let tears flow down, "You said you would come back to me yet you went to Seungwan.."

"I knew you would remembered me.." He wiped my tears.

"Why.. How?" I asked.

"I knew it from the start, I was mean to you so you would safely leave the palace.. with our prince."

I looked at him, "You knew?"

He nod and then from afar, a guard ran up towards us.

"Sire! Sire! The Queen's house is caught on fire."

I was shock and ran back, 'Yeon.. nothing must happen to you!'

Yoongi and the guard ran after me.

"Yeon! Yeon!" I saw many guards putting out the fire.

"My Lady! We can't find the prince!"

I rushed into the fire, "My Lady!" "Yewon!"

Yeon was sitting at the side, cowering as the roof caught on fire and fell in front of him.

"Yeon! My baby!" I carried him, burning my hand in the midst of it.

I rushed out of the house as my face was in black, in tiredness. I collapsed, holding onto Yeon.