Chapter 21

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

[Jennie's pov]

I was walking around the palace when I bumped into Yerin with her attendants, Eunhee and Eunji. I approached her with my retinues and bowed.

"Sister Yerin!"

She smiles and helps me up, "It's been a while Jennie."

"Sister Yerin... how is the Queen?"

Yerin looks at me and glances around before whispering, "Her Majesty is leaving the palace for her health. She is really weak now and the only thing holding onto her crown is her position as Princess in Qing. Jennie, I need you to help me watch over Yeon and check anyone who's been near him these few days."

I nod and bow, "I will go immediately."

Yerin was about to say something when her attendant, Eunha run up to her in a rush.

Eunha bends her knees, "My lady! The Queen- she's-"

Yerin frowns, "Eunha, what's wrong?"

"Consort Jieun accused the Queen of poisoning the Crown Prince Ilmin... the King is close to deposing her."


[Yerin's pov]

I frowned hearing Eunha's words and then looked at Jennie, "Let's go!"

Eunha moves aside as I walk by the side of Jennie and our retinues behind us. We climbed the stairs to the Hall where the King has his court meetings, except when the door opened there were no court officials... just Yewon kneeling with Lady Kim and Yeebin behind her on their knees as Consort Jieun was watching while smirking.

The King pointed his fingers at Yewon, "How dare you- How could you have such a cruel heart?"

I entered the Hall with my retinues as Jennie followed me closely, "What's going on here?"

Consort Jieun turned to me, "The Queen-"

"I did not ask you."

She keeps mum as the King looks at me.

"The Queen has been found to have poisoned the Crown Prince Ilmin... I was just about to depose her-"

"Even though I am from the Qing but we all know how Lady Seungwan begged the Queen to protect her son before, and the Queen is not someone who will break promises." I turned to the King who was in deep thoughts.

"Your Majesty mustn't, the Queen and Lady Seungwan have been fighting each other for their whole lives and only stopped because Lady Seungwan died."

"Your Majesty, as the ambassador of Qing... I apologise for the words I am going to spit out but, Yewon is the Princess of Qing and before she was married into Joseon, she became the adoptive daughter of the Emperor and Empress. Her maternal great-grandmother was the Queen of the Previous King of Joseon, your grandfather and the current Queen Mother of Joseon... She was also Crown Princess of Joseon appointed by your grandfather and grandmother. Now my question is, do you intend to depose her knowing that the Emperor of Qing will hold you accountable for the rest of your life because you deposed the Queen of Joseon and the Princess of Qing over a consort. What will the people say?" I turned to the King.

Consort Jieun chuckles, "Ridiculous, she is not the Princess of Qing or anything. She has already been married to Joseon."

I looked at her, "Now then you know she has been married to Joseon as Queen. How dare a mere concubine be so rude to a Queen. Do you not know there is a difference between your hierachy?"

"You-!"

The King raised his hand, "Jieun, enough!"

I walked over to Yewon and helped her up, "Your Majesty... this incident, I will personally investigate this situation, because of this the Great Qing needs an answer. Of course, if you investigate this the people of Qing will think you are being biased towards a mere consort and thus, decide to fram our Princess and the Queen of Joseon."

"Go down then," Lady Kim then supported Yewon with Yeebin as they help her out.

I turned to the King, "Your Majesty, I have a request."

He nods, "Speak."

"I request for the Queen to be brought out of the palace for a few months so she can recover."

"Alright."

I smile and bow before leaving with Jennie and our attendants.

Jennie turns to me as we walk out, "Why did you request for the Queen to stay outside of the palace for a few months...?"

"Yewon is pregnant... she is currently five months pregnant. If we let her stay outside the palace for another five months so she can give birth and recover then come back to the palace. That will be the best. Also because brother Jungkook is coming down with a physician in a few days."

Jennie nods, "I'll help prepare the Queen's departure."

I smile, "Alright, liase with Consort Somi. I have to visit Crown Prince Ilmin."

Jennie then leaves as I walk over the palace and see Crown Prince Ilmin on the floor. I frown as I feel his pulse.

"Eunha, quick!"

Eunha takes out a pouch and opens it to reveal some needles and medication. I take the needles and insert them slightly into his wrist and head, then I opened a medication bottle and place the pill under his tongue as Crown Prince Ilmin wakes up. I remove the needles carefully as he gains consiousness.

"L-Lady Yerin... where's Royal Mother?"

I smile, "Royal Mother...?"

"Queen Yewon is my Royal Mother... Lady Jieun's servants poisoned me but Mother Yewon tried to save me and then Royal Father came in and- and then... I fell asleep and woke up here...."

I nod, "Eunha, bring Ilmin back to our palace. Eunhee and Eunji follow me."

Eunha bends her knees before carrying Ilmin, rushing back to the palace. Eunhee and Eunji followed me as I approached the crime scene.

"My Lady, look!"

I look underneath the table and see something shining. I picked it up and realised it was a small hairpin, just then I heard footsteps. I quickly kept the hairpin as I stepped on the ground and flew up to the ceiling, standing on the stilts as Eunhee and Eunji follow suit.
(A/N: This is a martial art called qing'gong, allowing people who learn this to be swift and light on their feet mimicking parkour. If you watch Chinese wuxia films, you'll know what I'm talking about. Basically, in the story, Yerin, Yewon, Jennie and their servants or relatives are equiped with martial art skills as people of the Jung/Kim Clan. With this skill of qing'gong, they are able to 'fly' and glide across water, they also have energy stored up inside them and can use weapons accordingly. For example, Yerin uses a flute/sword combination, the flute can be opened and drawned as a sword. Yewon uses a fan and Jennie uses a spear. They also learn how to press on the different accupunture points to heal or paralyse their opponents.)

I look down to see Lady Jieun and her servant, "Where is it?"

She looks at the area where I picked up her pin, "Where did it go?"

"My Lady, prehaps you dropped it elsewhere."

She nods and then proceeds to walk out of the garden, I took that opportunity as I spot an open window and then flew over to it with Eunhee and Eunji following. We landed near the crime scene and pretended to walk over as Consort Jieun spots us. She was so anxious.

"What's wrong...?"

"N-Nothing."

I smile and nod, "Alright..."

She smiles, "Excuse me... I have something on."

I nod as she bows and then walks past me. I turn to see her backview.

Eunhee and Eunji turn back to me, "My Lady.. she is hiding something."

I smirked, "Keep watch on the Tranquil Pavilion."

Eunhee and Eunji bend their knees. I nod as they straighten up and we return to my residence.

Sana and Soonyoung approached me and bends their knees, "Madam."

"Is the Crown Prince alright?"

"Madam, the Crown Prince is resting in Taemin's room with Taebi and Taemin watching him."

I smile and nod, "Alright. Both of you come to my room, we have something to discuss."

The three of us walked to my main hall which was designed in a Joseon way, as I sat down on the cushions while they both kneeled down on the two cushions opposite me while Yewon, Riyu and Kira kneel by the side.

"Madam, what is it?"

"The Queen is pregnant... the fetus is stable but with Yewon's cold that has never gotten away has already been more serious, and with her weak heart, I'm afraid she won't be able to take it."

Sana frowns, "What do we do...?"

I sighed, "The only way is to bring Yewon out of the palace... but-"

"But?"

"I'm afraid Consort Jieun will soon take action and plant some ambush, even though Yewon is equipped with martial art skills I do not wish she or her unborn child will be in danger."

Soonyoung and Sana glance at each other, "Then... what do you suggest, Madam?"

"On that day, the Queen's carriage will set off using the main palace gates. Eunha and Lady Kim will be following her using another route, I will be in the carriage instead of her with Eunhee. Both of you, even though your martial art skills aren't the best but you both will be following her and protect her in any case, brother Jungkook will follow you guys. After which, you will return to the palace immediately and protect Taemin, Yeon, Ilmin and Taebi. Of course, Consort Somi and Consort Jennie will assist."

Soonyoung and Sana bows, "Yes Madam."

I look at my flute and picked it up.

"Madam...?"

I turn to them and picked up my hat which had a long veil draped over it, "Don't worry, Yewon has already gone to ask her great-grandmother for help. The Queen Mother won't refuse her since Yeon is her great-great-grandson."