Behind the Pavilion

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

Hi, this is a short chapter to explain each character in the stories in case anyone is confused by them!

Emperor Yoongi:

Real-life figure he represents: Emperor Qianlong of the Aisin Gioro Clan, fifth Emperor of the Qing Dynasty and fourth Emperor to rule over china proper.

Qianlong Emperor - Wikipedia

Empress Ju, Yewon of the Kimgiya Clan:

Historical figure, Empress of the Nara Clan and also Empress of the Fuca Clan.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/... Empress Nara 

Empress Xiaoxianchun - Wikipedia Empress Fuca.

To explain why she represents these two historical figures, it goes to explaning both her personalities. Yewon is kind and elegant, also knows how to be frugal just like Empress Fuca. However, when she died her funeral proceedings were demoted to that of a Noble Consort, just like the fate Empress Nara received when she died after cutting off her locks. Yewon is leaning towards Empress Fuca more because Empress Fuca was the childhood sweetheard of Emperor Qianlong. Emperor Qianlong valued and look up to her more. When Empress Fuca died, Emperor Qianlong often went to her grave and spoke with her, also wrote poems for her. This was the love story I wanted to include in the chapter as I felt that it's rare for an Emperor to rememeber someone that often.

When Yewon appeared in Yoongi's dream, a part of history of the Queen Inhyeon of the Yeoheung Min Clan was used. King Sukjong saw her in his dream after her death as she was dressed in all white drenched with blood. She pointed towards Consort Jang's pavilion and Emperor Sukjong found voodoo dolls inside used to curse the Queen. Similar to the story.

Yewon also has another figure that would represent her. Emperor Yongzheng's maid that was bestowed favour upon. Real Name Yunhui of the Magiya Clan. She is a palace maid who was written about in history of Emperor Yongzheng's reign but she is unlikely to be found in any wikipedia sites. She is one of Emperor Yongzheng's most loved woman. She wasn't given a position in the Inner harem but instead was just a servant. However, after she died Yongzheng made sure all history relating to her was written down into books. I suppose love for them meant time and not title. Thus, this is one part she is like Yewon. Yewon hated power and title of Queen. All she longed for is the Emperor's love. Sadly, just like the story both Yunhui and Yewon left the world at age 25... silently.

Grand Queen Dowager Somi of the Jeon Clan:
Represented Figure by history, Imperial Noble Consort HuiXian of the Gaogiya Clan..

《心写治平》贵妃部分.jpg

Queen Dowager Husan, Jennie of the Ginmit Clan:
History figure she represents, Imperial Noble Consort Qinggong of the Lu's Clan.

《心写治平》庆嫔部分.jpg Just like her historical figure, Jennie did not have any children of her own but instead adopted King Yoonhi under her and was Queen Mother as Yoonhi reigned.

Princess RenCi of the First Rank, Yerin of the Kimgiya Clan:
Historical Representative: Princess Hexiao of First Rank

Princess He Xiao Ku Lun.jpg Unlike her historical representative, Yerin has power within the Qing Court but she doesn't use it unless needed to expose corrupted officials. She is righteous and her husband Prince Kangde of First Rank is also important to Emperor Junhui and future Emperor Kongling and also her paternal cousin, Emperor Kongling's great regents.

Imperial Consort Shujia of Second Rank, Jieun of the Lee Clan:
Historical Figure is represented by Empress Xiaoyichun of the Weigiya Cllan.

Empress XiaoYi.JPG Both their sons became the next reigning mornarch but they never got to expereinece being Empress Dowager or Queen Dowager. 

 

The other figures whom are not mentioned like Jiyong etc were fictional characters needed to use in the story. Yewon's story ended here and I am finally able to close the book to the first part of the story. This story was written with much history and fictiion mixing togeher. It also required a lot of thinking as I didn't want to get history mixed up so it was a lot of research, cross-referencing etc. I am currently working on establishing another story of Yewon and Yoongi alongside all the other Back Again series characters.