Chapter 13: The Butterfly returns

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

[Somi's pov]

"What? Caught fire?" I stood up in shock.

Lady Park nodded, "My Lady... it seems so!"

I walked around frantically, "My Lady! Rest.. it will take a toll on your health."

"Lady Park!"

"Your orders, My Lady.." Lady Park bowed.

"Call on General Kim!"

Lady Park hesitated, "M-my Lady?"

I let out a frustrated sigh, "Hurry up!"

Lady Park bowed, "Yes!"

I sat down in anxiety as Lady Park entered with Namjoon.

"Brother Namjoon!" I stood up as he held out a hand and signalled me to take a seat.

I nod as he sat down after me, "Brother Namjoon, how is the Queen?"

"I heard that she is alright.. although she has some burns from saving Yeon."

"What?"

Namjoon nodded, "When she saw the house on fire, Yewon didn't care about herself and just rushed into the house to save the prince.."

I gripped onto my hanbok, "It's all my fault.."

"No, you made it well. Now, Yewon can return.."

I smiled, "Right.. when she comes back I will apologise to her in future."

"At least now... with Yewon back, Seungwan will not dare to be as proud, and the Prince will be safe."

"Of course.."

I turned serious, "Now with Yewon back, no matter how safe the palace is... Seungwan will surely plot something. We need to check on the maids who will be serving Yewon and Yeon. Also, Brother Namjoon I will follow you to check on the crime scene tomorrow."

"My Lady!" I glanced at Lady Park.

"Don't worry, you and Aeri will follow."


[Seungwan's pov]

I slammed my hands on the table as Lady Han jumped.

"My Lady! Cease your anger!"

I smirked, "The King went to see the Queen? and saved the Queen from a fire?"

"My Lady... even if she comes back. She has no one! We have the crown prince. The King will help."

I nod, "Right! Right! I have my prince... Ilmin, my prince."

Lady Han nodded and I clenched onto the table

'Kim Yewon.. right you are back. But I will drag you back down, this time deeper!'


[Yewon's pov]

I woke up and saw Lady Kim at the side.

"My Lady!"

I looked around, "Where's Yeon? My Baby!"

"My Lady! My Lady!"

I rushed out and saw Yeon outside, "Yeon! My baby!" 

I hugged him tightly and checked him for injuries, "Thank goodness.."

"Yewon." I froze when I heard that familiar voice.

I stood up and turned around, "Yewon, return to the palace."

"I-"

Yoongi smiled, "I promise to protect you.." 

I looked at Yeon and then Lady Park, "Right.. for Yeon."

"Great, we set off today."

"Lady Kim!"

Lady Kim came over and bowed, "My Lady!"

"Go and change Yeon's outfit."

Lady Park bowed and led some servants brought Yeon to change.

"Yeebin.. Help me go change!" Yeebin nodded and held my arm, leading me to my room.

"Your Highness, we can finally return.."

"Right.. All for Yeon." I smiled.

"But.. Your Highness, when we go back Consort Son will make it difficult for us."

I smirked, "I know.. isn't that why I would want to go back. I am no longer that Queen from 5 years ago. This time, I will protect what's mine."

Yeebin smiled and handed me my purple butterfly norigae. I smiled and walked out with Yeebin and four other female servants following behind. Lady Kim came out with Yeon and I smiled.

"Let's go.." We walked out to the carriages.

Yoongi was standing in front, I bowed to him with Yeon and the servants.

I smiled, "My Lord."

Yoongi came forward and held my hand, he it with his thumb. I stared at him, deeply in his eyes and I smiled. He held my hand and lead me to my own carriage. I helped Yeon in and we set off individually. We reached the palace and I stepped out of the carriage. Yoongi held my hand again and led me into the palace. 

"Yewon! I have refurnished your palace again."

I smiled as butterflies flew around in the garden, "This.."

"I added butterflies into your garden and renamed your pavilion to 'Butterfly Pavilion', hopefully it will make you happy again.. Just like when we were young."

"Yes, My Lord.." I nod as Yeon went up to the butterflies.

Eunuch Yu stepped forward, "Sire.. The Chancellor is in the pavillion waiting for you."

Yoongi smiled, "See you later my Queen.."

I nod as he left, bowing with my servants.

"Yeon, let's go see your room!" I held out my hand which Yeon took and we walked to Yeon's room.

Yeon entered his room for a nap with Yeebin watching while I checked on the servants.

"Lady Kim.. are all the servants clean of record?" 

"Yes, Your Highness!"

I nod, "Watch them.. Seungwan might have planted spies with Yeon.."

"Yes."

"Let's go.."

I stood up and walked to the garden, looking at the butterflies. I held out my hand as a butterfly landed on my finger, smiling. I turn to the side and saw Somi.

"Somi!" I smiled as she walked towards me.

"Your Highness!" Somi bowed to me with her servants.

I smiled, "Alright.. stand up!"

Somi walked next to me as her servants stood next to mine.

"Sister! It's been so long."

I smiled, "Welcome!"

"Lady Kim, get tea!" Lady Kim bowed and led Yeebin away.

I walked to the garden's pavillion with Somi and we both sat down

"Somi, it is nice to meet you, in the palace." I smiled as I looked around

"Right... but now that you are back Royal Consort Son and her officials are making a fuss in the court."

"It's expected.." I smile as Lady Kim walked up with Yeebin who was carrying a tray of tea and snacks.

I glanced as they placed the food now, "Go down then.."

Lady Kim and Yeebin bowed and retreated to stand with the other court ladies.

"Seungwan would want to harm my prince because a prince born from a Queen will naturally be the Crown Prince of Joseon.."

Somi nods, "That is her concern, that her son's position would be shook. But at the same time, it is natural that the Prince will be named Crown Prince, he cnnot be lower of status than the son of a Royal Consort."

I chuckled, "Right, but this would give Seungwan for reason to attack.."

"Don't worry, I have checked on the court ladies serving the Prince.. but we have to keep watch on them."

"Let's pretend we don't know her plan and let Seungwan strike.. she would naturally do anything to drag Yeon down, I won't allow that to happen."


[Seungwan's pov]

I smashed my teacup.

"Prince...? She has a prince...?"

Lady Han and other servants kneeled in my pavilion.

"Speak!"

"Forgive us, Your Ladyship! We are incapable!"

I shook my head, "No... I am the incapable one. She left the palace while she was pregnant and gave birth secretly to a Prince. If she was a consort I would not care.. But the son of a Queen? She will surely use this and rally the ministers around her and remove my Ilmin of crown! I cannot let that happen!"

"My Lady!"

I smirked, "Right... a plot! I just have to get rid of him, then the Queen will be stripped of her rank and she will have nothing.. then I will be the rightful Queen!"

"M-my L-lady.."

'Kim Yewon... Just you wait! Your doom day is here... I will drag you down no matter what you say, I will not allow you to remove Ilmin of Crown Prince position!"