Chapter 11: The Birth of a Butterfly

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

5 years later...

Many changes happened ever since Queen Yewon left the palace. Seungwan was placed in charged of the Harem affairs and elevated as Royal Consort Rank 1, Eunbi as Consort. Seungwan also gave birth to Crown Prince Ilmin who is currently 3. 


[Author's pov]

"My Lady! We have reached Joseon." two servants said

??? nodded, "Mother, where are we?" a boy asked.

"Back where we belong."

"My Lady, the accomadations is right in front." ??? nodded and walked into the house.

"We'll make do, Lady Kim." Yewon said.

"Yes My Lady." Lady Kim bowed with Yeebin.

"Yeon, come here!" The boy who heard his name ran over and smiled, "Mother!"

"Sweet child, we are now back.. But you must remember to be careful, you cannot say anything in public nor reveal your identity." Yewon warned.

"Yes, Mother. I remember it." Yewon smiled and carrassed his head.

"My Lady, get inside the room." Yewon nodded and got in with Yeon.


[Somi''s pov]

"My Lady!" Lady Park entered my pavilion.

"What is it?" Lady Park kneeled in front of me and whispered, "My Lady.. I received word that the Queen has reached Joseon."

"Really?" I smiled, "My Lady! General Kim to see you!" Another maid from outside called.

Lady Kim stood up, "Send him in!" General Kim entered and Lady Park bowed to him before they both sit down.

"So have you heard?" I asked in a hurry

"Yes, My Lady. The Queen has indeed entered Joseon." I smiled

"It's been 5 years.." I cut myself off, "Did you send more men to patrol there?"

"Do not worry My Lady, I have sent men down. The Prince and Queen are both fine." I nodded

"Great, keep this down. Not a word out." General Kim and Lady Park bowed, "Yes My Lady."

'Finally, Yewon.. It's time to stop Seungwan's plan.'


[Seungwan's pov]

It's been 5 years since Yewon left, but the King refused to make me Queen despite the fact that I gave him a crown prince.

"My lady!" Lady Han greeted. "The Crown Prince is requesting a visit."

"Send him in quickly." I smiled as my little Prince came in.

"Mother!" He bowed.

"Ilmin, my prince." I watched as his small body walk towards me, "Did you enjoy yourself today?" Illmin nodded as I carrassed his cheeks.

"Yes Mother, Father taught me how to draw." I smiled, "That's right, Learn well from your Father and you will be a great king in future."

Ilmin-ah, you are my only hope in my plans to destroy the Mins.


[Yewon's pov]

I decided to walk around the market with Yeon.

Yeon went off elsewhere to play.

Suddenly, in the crowd of people as if time stopped. I saw him, the King in his normal wear among the people.

He turned and glanced at me, our eyes locked for one nano second.. How I wish he remembers me

"Yewon!" I took a step back and ran away.

"YEWON!" I disappeared into the crowds.

"My Lady!" I saw Lady Kim and Yeebin in the market with groceries.

"Where's Yeon?" 

"My Lady! Young Master went to look for you." I turned around and saw Yeon approaching the King.

"Yeon!" I called for him as he came close to the King, luckily Yeon turned around in time.

"Mother!" I immediately took his hand and ran off with Lady Kim and Yeebin following.


[Yoongi's pov]

I'm currently out of the palace to do some undercover investigations on refugees in Joseon.

Suddenly, I see Yewon

No it can't be.

I took another look

It's her...

Her...

The purple butterfly

"Yewon!"

"Sire?" Yu was worried.

I watched as she ran away.

"It's nothing!" I continued to talk to the ministers.

"Yeon!" That voice...

The same girl came back and grabbed a young boy as she ran off.

"Yewon!" I tried to chase after them but to no avail, citizens blocked them.

The ministers caught up with me, "Sire, is something wrong?"

"No.. we will continue this investigation after you find something."

'Yewon... do you hate me this much?"


[Yewon's pov]

I ran off with Yeon and my servants following behind, we ran all the way back to the house.

"My Lady! what's wrong?" I let Yeon enter the house first.

"The King... He was just right in front of me earlier." Lady Kim and Yeebin gasped.

"My Lady, what should we do now.." I bit my lips and thought.

"The Prince cannot be found out, it will put his life in danger. By all means we have to keep his identity and existence a secret."

"Yes, My Lady." I dismissed Lady Kim and Yeebin as they both went to put away the groceries.


[Yoongi's pov]

"Sire.." I looked at Yu who entered the palace.

My mind kept playing the scene of Yewon running away from me.

"Sire? What is it?" I sighed.

"She was right in front of me, yet I couldn't hold her. How I missed her." 

I smiled and thought about my father and mother, "Was this how father felt when he saw Mother and me in public?"

"Sire, they seem well."

I nodded, "Make sure you send more guards there. Do not make a sound about this, pretend none of us know about it."

Yu nodded and left to proceed on with my orders.


father and mother what does it mean? Inititally i didnt want "Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion" to be a continuous story but since it has come to this, I will be working on part 2 of She, just a small part to look into how Yewon and Yoongi met as kids before she married into the imperial family.
-@germaine_wy