Chapter 20: Weakening of a Butterfly

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

[Yewon's pov]

I sat in my garden as with a bunch of yarns and needles before me. I looked at the scene before me. The butterflies dancing before the plum blossom, capturing it as I sown them one by one... I smiled. Just then some footsteps approached me.

"Your Highness."

I smiled and place the handkerchief down as I turn to see Jiyong.

"Stand up."

He smiled and lowered his head.

"Kwon Jiyong, you've served me well when I was in the Great Qing... I thank you for your service and thus, called you over because I want to have an audience with you so I can appoint a better position for you."

I stand up as Lady Kim approach me with a tray with boots.

"This is for you, officer Kwon."

He takes it and bows, "I thank Your Grace."

I smile and hold my hand out as he stands up.

"Your Highess... I thank Your Grace, but-"

I cut him off, "Have you not gotten over her?"

He sighs, "I blame myself for being incapable. It is all my fault that I'm poor... her mother would never allow someone like me to marry her daughter because I am poor."

"Your status and your feelings have nothing to do with each other."

I decide to change the topic, "I heard, His Majesty has been arranging a marriage for you."

He sighs and nods.

I smile, "Anyone you've been eyeing on?"

"It doesn't matter... an arranged marriage is based off politics and nothing much."

I nod, "You should go back to your shift then."

"Yes, I take my leave."

Jiyong bows for a final time and then leaves.

I smile as I watch him leave, 'Prehaps in this cold palace... only you, Somi and brother Namjoon truly care.'
(A/N: Consort Eunbi has been changed to Consort Somi now)

"Your Highness."

I nod as Lady Kim approached me.

"Sister Yerin? She's here?"

I smile as I dash out of my palace with my retinues to see a familiar figure in a hanbok.

"Sister Yerin!"

She approaches me and kneels before me with her servants, stacking her hands together.

"Jung Yerin, Ambassador of Great Qing greets Her Highness."

I smile and help her up as I embrace her.

"Sister Yerin, it's been so long."

She looks at me and nod.


[Yerin's pov]

My name is Jung Yerin, I am the main consort of Prince Taehyung of the Great Qing. This time, I am going towards Joseon as an ambassador for my uncle, the current Reigning Emperor of Qing, Emperor Junhui. My grandmother is the current Emperor Dowager of Qing. I decided to come to Joseon to visit Yewon and Yeon, my husband, Taehyung who is Yewon's brother agreed to my request and the King Yoongi set up a palace in his courtyards for the entire manor to stay, which means my son, Taemin is here with the other secondary consorts Sana and Sooyoung of the Kimgiya Clan along with Taebi, daughter of Sooyoung also came along.

"Sister Yerin!"

I smile as I look at Yewon, "It's been so long Your Highness."

She smiles and nods, "I missed you so much... Sister Ye-"

Yewon lets out a violent cough as her attendant Hei help her. She holds her chest as she smiles, trying to hide her pain.

"Your Highness."

Yewon turns to Hei, "Lady Kim... I'm alright now."

I look at her as Yewon smile, "I'm fine..."

"Yewon, let's return to your pavilion."

I support her as we walk back to Yewon's pavilion. Her butterflies greet her as she approach and then disperse. Yewon's attendants change her out into a white robe and let her hair down as the physician came in. I watch beside them.

"How is she?"

The physician sighed, "Her Highness' condition has worsened... furthermore, she is pregnant..."

I nod, "Keep mum about this, do not let anyone know she is pregnant."

The physician then left with Yewon's attendants sending him out.

"Yewon... your child?"

She looks at me, "Sister Yerin... I want to keep it."

"But-"

Yewon grabs my hand weakly, "Sister... I want to keep it, I beg you."

I nod, "But now we have to think of a way..."

She smiles, "I have requested from the King to leave the palace so I can recover."

"Yewon..."

Tears filled Yewon's eyes, "Sister Yerin... right now, His Majesty only cares about Consort Jieun."

I wipe her tears, "Alright... we'll leave the palace."

Yewon then returns to sleep and I step out of the pavilion as my attendant, Eunha approach me with Eunhee, Eunji and Eunmi along with my eunuch Jung Ho.

"My Lady."

Eunha supported me as I approached Lady Kim, "Hei... Her Highness is going to leave the palace in a while. pack up the pavilion."