Bonus Chapter: Rebirth of the Butterfly

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

21st Century...

[Yewon's pov]

I shot up from my bed as I wiped off my cold sweat.

"What was that dream..."

I took a sip of water and brushed it off.

"No... just thinking too much."

During work, the dream kept hogging my mind again. I sighed.

"In the dream, his face was blurry. He wore a dragon robe and had a ring. But... I can't remember anything..."

Knocking my head I tried to get more information out.

'Prehaps a trip to the Joseon Gallery will help clear my mind...'

I walked over to the exhibition where they showed off the potraits.

"Thank you!" I held onto my ticket as I entered into the exhibition and looked around.

I was the only one there as i stopped in front of a potrait.

'Queen of the Kimgiya Clan. Personal name Yewon. Here from 1630-1655. A Princess of the Qing Dynasty. She was Queen from the year 1644-1655. Known as the foster mother of Crown Prince Huizong 皇太子辉宗 (Prince Ilmin ——亦民亲王) and birth mother to Crown Prince Huiki 皇太子辉基(Prince Yeon——鸢亲王) and Crown Princess Huibi 皇长公主芝 (Princess Yeji 睿芝公主). Known for her kind acts, her efforts against Consort Jieun was not wasted. It is said that she and the King loved each other a lot. King Yoongi made her a new title 'Empress' to honour her as 'Empress Ju' (菊皇后). King Yoongi often made poems for her and mourned for her until final years of his life by abdicating his throne in favour of his son. Not much of her is mentioned in history books. Next to her is rumoured to be a letter she wrote to the King after her death in 1655. She can be found near where Consort Seungwan is buried.'

I stepped next and recongised the familiar handwriting. The letter in Empress Ju's final mooments, her final letter to the King. All the memories came back to me as I stood in shock.

"It wasn't a dream...?"

I looked around as I looked at the familiar court robes and the hair stick that had a butterfly at the end. I stood frozen as I saw the potrait of Queen Yewon wearing a purple butterfly dress tassel in her court robes. I then look down at the similar dress tassel i wore and froze as I turned to look at the King's potrait. Then, I saw a copy of him in front of me and I froze.

"Miss... is there something wrong?"

I did not answer as we made eye contact. My tears welled up as I looked at him.

"Min Yoongi..."

"Have we met...?"

He looked at me as I whispered a name.

"Have a great day..."

He walked off as I turned around to watch him leave. My heart clenched as I sighed.