Chapter 19

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

[Yoongi's pov]

I was going through the reports as Yewon entered.

"My Lord."

I looked up and smiled, "Yewon. You're here."

"My Lord, I've been wondering if it is okay..."

"Speak."

Yewon nods, "It's about Crown Prince Ilmin, he's still young and needs a mother figure in his life. My Lord..."

"Who do you have in mind?"

"Somi."

"Consort Jeon?"

Yewon nods, "My Lord. Lady Seungwan's last wish was to find someone to protect the boy she used her life to protect... someone else to do that. She begged me to protect Ilmin. Somi will be a good choice."

I smiled, "I got it... It is Seungwan's last wish. We should fulfill it."

"Somi did not come from someone of influential family. The family is less likely to use Ilmin to their advantage to monopolize the court."

I nod, "Eunbi has never caused a ruckus within the harem and has always kept her word. Indeed, she is someone trustworthy."

Yewon smiled, "If Ilmin is alright with it then let Somi become his foster mother."

I smiled, "Yewon... I was thinking of letting you take care of Ilmin."


[Yewon's pov]

His Majesty's words hit me.

"My Lord, why me?"

Yoongi looks at me, "You mention that it was Seungwan's last words to you before her trial. So you should fulfill it for her."

I smiled and nod, "Yes My Lord."

WIth a bow and a turn, I left the King's Study. Lady Kim approached me with Yeebin as they both led the team of retinues as I trailed off. Another concubine approached me as I was leaving, she bowed to me as I stopped in front of her to glance at her. My retinues bowed as she bowed with hers.

"Go on then."

She straightens up, "Yes Your Highness."

I turned slightly as I watch her approach the King's Study, sighing.

Yeebin turned to me, "Your Highness?"

"His Majesty has been seeing Consort Jieun...?"

Yeebin nods as I sigh again. Consort Jieun of the Lee Clan, she was a servant but caught the King's favour and joined the inner harem with Jennie after Seungwan passed on a month ago, within the month, she became a Consort second-rank right below Eunbi. I'm afraid, she might become another Seungwan. I kept mum as I walked off with my retinues.


[Somi's pov]

I was drinking tea with Lady Jennie, we enjoyed some snacks as Lady Park walks over.

"My Lady, His Majesty has called upon Lady Jieun again."

"I got it, go down then."

Lady Park walks down the tower where we were drinking tea as Jennie dismisses her servants too.

"Sister Somi, this Consort Jieun has been called upon by the King for the past few nights..."

I picked up my cup, "And what about it?"

Jennie wipes her hand, "She won't be like Lady Seungwan right?"

"Indeed, gaining the King's Favour... she might start to not put us in her eye. We need to do something about it."

"Sister Eunbi, I've seen some weird interactions between her and a guard recently..."

I crossed my eyebrows, "What?"

Jennie nods, "A few days ago, I walked by her Tranquil Pavilion... I kept seeing the same guard coming into her palace. Could it be her lover?"

"Lady Jennie watch your words."

She looked at me straight, "Lady Jieun used to be a servant, who knows... she might have a lover while she was a servant."

I poured more tea for myself, "Keep watch on the Pavilion then."

Jennie nods.


[Jennie's pov]

I returned to my pavillion after drinking tea with Consort Hwang. I sighed as Lady Seonu came into the room with me, she kneeled before me as I sat down. Her hands gave me a letter she hid under her dangui. I took it and saw the familiar handwriting and seal. I opened it quickly.

Jennie,

It's me, Yerin.

By the time you received this letter...

I'll be married to Taehyung.

I've received your letter and I hold you to your word.

Jennie, you've done me wrong before but now that you promise to protect Yewon

I hold you to your word.

Please protect Yewon and her Shizi in any situation.

Yewon is weak, unlike before.

I'm afraid this Consort Jieun has something up her sleeves.

Lady Jennie of the Jindo Kim Clan,

protect our Queen Yewon of the Qing Kimgiya Clan.

In any case,

you are cousins by descend.

I will be visiting Qing in a few months' time.

I hope we meet on good terms by then Jennie.

Once again, please protect Yewon.

She is the princess of Qing and the Queen of Joseon.

Her Shizi has the blood of both the Yeoheung Min Clan and the Qing Kimgiya Clan.

If anything happens, let me know.

I will rush down to Qing as soon as possible

~Lady Yerin, Heshuo Gege of the Jung Clan

 I placed down Yewon's letter after I read it, "Lady Seonu?"

"Yes, My Lady."

I kept the letter Yerin wrote, "Keep an eye on the Tranquil Pavilion. Report any suspicious activity."

Lady Seonu bows, "Yes, My Lady."


Hi guys! I can finally update this story. If anyone is wondering what Yerin is doing here, you have to read my Story, Back Again 2 to understand the situation. Long Story Short, Jennie harmed Yerin and was sent to Korea by her father after she was exiled from the Qing Capital. But anyways, there will soon be something happening. I also have a new Characters page which I just added for this story....(It's a little late but it gives u an understanding of what will happen next) I'll add the remaining characters later. Love Y'all!!!!
~ @germaine_wy