Chapter 3: Sufferings of a caterpillar

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

Yewon sighed as she saw Yoongi approach her. Yoongi grabbed her arm as she bowed to greet him.

"My lor-" Yewon was cut off by a tightened grip on her wrist.

"Your highness." Lady Kim said.

"You. It's you, YOU WHO MADE SEUNGWAN SUFFER." Yoongi screamed.

Yewon smiled and looked down as she heard whispers around from the palace servants and officials. Yoongi glared at Yewon, looking at her pearly, doll-like eyes that were filled with tears.

"If it makes you happier, My Lord. I will lift the ban." Yewon said.

Yoongi looked at her furiously as he left with his retains while Umji stood there watching him as tears flowed down her face, she heard whispers and gossips. Word speards like fire through the palace walls.

Yewon sighed as Lady Kim looked at her, she wiped her tears and placed her hand in front of her, walking off to the Queen Mither's Pavilion.

"Queen Consort, what is the meaning of this?" Sukjong asked.

"Your Highness, please grant my wish." Yewon pleaded with the Queen Mother and Queen Dowager.

"Yewon-ah, my child. I promised your mother to guard you and take care of you.." Sukjong said.

"Your Highness, I am contented living in the palace, prehaps having a rank that's far from my ability. I'm grateful for everything, however I wish that the King would be happy, even if the happiness isn't directed to me.. It is such an honour to see him happy." Yewon said, "Please grant my wish.." Yewon said.

"I got it.." Sukjong said as she let inspector Jang and her team in.

"Consort Son's house arrest shall be removed."

Lady Jang bowed and left with her team.

Yewon smiled and excused herself with her retainers, she walked back slowly to her pavilion and saw Yoongi rushing to Seungwan's pavilion as he heard the news.

"Your Highness." Yewon smiled at Lady Kim's concerned voice.

"I know, it was a foolish choice, but.. what more would I want than to see the King be happy. Even if this one sided love won't last, even if this... this moment, where I get to see the King being happy, even if his happiness was directed elsewhere.. I want to treasure this moment, Lady Kim." Yewon said.

"Your Highness." Lady Kim sighed.

"Let's go." Yewon smiled as she returned to her pavilion with her retains.