Chapter 14

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

[Yewon's pov]

"Yewon-ah.. I'm sorry for the fire that I caused.."

I was confused at Somi's words.

Somi sighed, "Seungwan's men followed me and found your house where you stayed, at Seungwan's orders they set your house on fire."

I took a sip of tea and chuckled, "I don't blame you."

"Your Highness!"

"Consort Hwang... I don't blame you. I know the fire would be the path for me to return to the palace, and if anything I'm thankful you came and visited me."

Somi furrowed her eyebrows.

I chuckled, "I know that Seungwan would do all it takes to stop me from returning to the palace.. She would want me to perish in the fire and be crowned Queen, but she also forgot that I am no longer that Queen 5 years ago. I will protect what is mine and I will not allow her to harm Yeon."

"Yes, Your Highness."

I placed the teacup down and retreated my hand under my dangui as Lady Kim walked over and bowed.

"Your Highness, General Kim to see you."

"Brother..." I turned to Lady Kim, "Where is he?"

"General Kim is waiting at the entrance of the pavilion."

I nod and stood up as Eunbi followed me with Lady Kim and Lady Park, the other servants trailing behind.

"Brother!" I smiled as I saw Brother Namjoon turned around and faced me.

I ran up to the pavilion as Brother Namjoon bowed, "General Kim greets the Queen of Joseon."

"Brother, no need all the etiquette. Come in."

I entered my pavilion with Eunbi and Brother Namjoon following behind. Lady Kim and Lady Park stood at each side of the entrance with the respective servants. I sat down at my table and smiled.

"Sit down."

"Your Highness.. It is great to see you."

I smiled, "I never thought I would see you in the palace again."

Brother Namjoon looked at me, "Your Highness, it is my fault.. I should have known at Consort Son's men would attack you."

"Well, the prince and I are safe.. Don't blame yourself for it, because of the fire I can come back to the palace."

"Your Highness..."

I smiled, "Alright.. don't blame yourself for anything now."

"Your Highness.. the King refurnished your pavilion and even slept here at times."

"Right..?" I sighed.

"Your Highness, now that you are back.. you should contain the King's love. Then after that, you will remain in power and be able to surpress the power of the Son Clan."

I looked at Brother and nod, "Right, I am the Queen of Joseon.."

"Yewon.."

"Brother, I knew my life the moment I married the King.. I am destined to be the Queen of both Joseon and the Kim's Clan. Therefore, I cannot be weak. I am no longer the Queen from 10 years ago.. This time I will protect what's mine."

Somi smiled, "It is tough on you.."

I smirked, "I have lost Yoongi once, now I will gain him back."


[Yoongi's pov]

I am currently in a court meeting, the officials on bother Yewon and Seungwan's sides are fighting.

"Sire! The Queen is back now after she went to the Qing for her family.. but now that she is back with the Prince. Prince Yeon should be crowned as the Crown Prince of Joseon!"

A official on Seungwan's side, "But, She disappeared from the palace for a long time. How would we know if the son born is from the King or from another outsider."

"How dare you accuse the Queen!" I glared at the official.

The official bowed, "Forgive me, Sire! Howe-"

I smirked, "That child is mine. Yeon is indeed my son and there is no doubt in it."

"Sire! Prince Yeon is the son of both the King and the Queen. If the Prince is of a lower status than the son of a Consort, how would our people think?"

The officials on Seungwan's side were anxious, "But! The Queen was away for so long!"

"The Queen left the Palace to the Qing to mourn for the loss of her mother. That was what the King said. The continuous accusation of the Queen and prevention of crowning Prince Yeon as Crown Prince is a defiance to the Royal Order!"

I slammed the table, "Shut your Mouths!"

I glanced around as they all quietened down, "I have made my decision. To Note, on the 4th Month of 1648 I, King Yoongi of the Joseon Dynasty and Min Clan observed that Prince Yeon has intelligence and wisdom that a Prince should have. With the power and permission of the Queen Mother and Queen Dowager, I crown Prince Yeon as Crown Prince Jun and pass the power of the inner court to the Queen Consort Yewon of the Kim Clan. Obey the Decree!"

"Sire! You are wise and righteous!" The officials on Yewon's side bowed.


[Seungwan's pov]

"What? Crown Prince... The King crowned Prince Yeon as the Crown Prince?"

Lady Han nodded, "Yes, My Lady."

I threw my teacup in anger as Lady Han kneeled down, "My Lady! Cease your anger!"

"Crown Prince? Right.. She is the Queen. But I will drag her down soon.."

I was shaking with anger as I glanced at the maid in front of me, "Go and attack the Prince.. When the Prince is gone. Ilmin will be stable in the palace."

The maid nodded and stood up, leaving the room, "Yes My Lady!"

Unknown to Seungwan.. Someone was listening at the side of the pavilion.