Chapter 9: Discovering the Butterfly

Legend of the Butterfly Pavilion

[Yoongi]

My long-term eunuch, Eunuch Yu came in with a cup of tea in his hand.

"Sire, take a sip and rest." I looked at the cup of tea and sighed.

"Sire is something wrong?" Eunuch Yu was worried.

"Yu, have I done something wrong?"

Eunuch Yu smiled softly, "Sire, i have been serving you since you are young. You are righteous but you make rash decisions at times."

I looked up at Eunuch Yu who gave an apologetic bow in return.

"Sire, if it concerns the Queen. Prehaps you should open your heart to her." Eunuch Yu comments. "Her Majesty is a simple women who is easy to communicate with. Speaking to her can make anyone love her. Which is probably why King Sukjong chose her as Queen."

I took a sip of tea and nodded.

"I'm going out for a walk." Eunuch Yu nodded and strolled behind me.


[Yewon]

I came out and took a walk in the Palace Garden,sitting down near the lake with my retinues watching from afar. I saw a cute puppy that approached me and smiled. Signalling to Lady Kim who approached me with a pouch. I opened the pouch and took out a dried meat and gave it to the puppy who took it willingly as I pet it.

"My lady, what if someone sees you?" I smiled.

"It is their choice to speak about my actions and judge me wrongfully but I have done nothing wrong." I let out a chuckles and stands up with the puppy strolling behind me.

"Holly?" I recongnise this voice and was stunned."My Lord." I bowed to Yoongi who stepped closer to me.

Each time he approached me, i took a step back, "What are you doing here?"

"To look at the garden and enjoy the view that I loved." I smiled and glanced at the fireflies that appeared and closed my eyes,listening to the crickets.

"Loved?" Yoongi was confused.

I shook my head trying to change the subject and bowed, "I will take my leave My Lord."


[Yoongi]

"I will take my leave My Lord." Yewon bowed to me.

As Yewon left, my eyes caught on her norige. "That norige-" Yewon looked down at her norige and placed her hand on it gently, as if it was the most precious thing to her in the world.

"Yes, My Lord?" Yewon asked.

That familiar purple butterfly.

"Where did you get it?" Yewon smiled and carrassed it softly.

"I got it from my childhood friend, it was from this boy who came to the village for a visit, we became friends and he gave it to me. He told me to wear it and he will look for me." I nodded, listening to her story.

"But now that he is gone, I shall wear it as a sign of friendship." Yewon smiled and wore her norige again.

"I shall take my leave now." Yewon bowed as the puppy followed her.

"Take the puppy with you." Yewon smiled and carried off the puppy, "Thank you My lord."

She left with her retinues while carrying the puppy.

I watched as she left, "So it was her.. not Seungwan. That purple butterfly."

"It has been 6 years..." Yoongi smiled and glance to the view that Yewon love.