Chapter 25 - I Want You Back

Fate in Our Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The skies wasn’t helping Chaeyoung nor the rest of them. They wore soaked wet as they buried the shirt and Dahyun’s ashes. Jeongyeon had to use her special skill to froze the rain the moment they let out the ashes so it wouldn’t be wet when they put it in the casket.

As soon as everything was inside, they lowered it down on the empty hole until the casket fit perfectly inside it. Jeongyeon and the others shoveled the dirt to cover the coffin before putting the flowers they got on top of it.

Momo put a thumbstone with the name ‘KDH’ on top before she put flowers. They all knew they were crying, even if the skies was masking it. The sobs seems to caught up in their throat since none of them made a sound.

They stood there for awhile before heading out one by one, leaving Chaeyoung to stay a little longer before she decided to leave too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, everything seems gloomy for them. They stayed right where they are, on their beds. They were still unable to accept the fact so they stopped reality for a day.

Jeongyeon stood up from her bed to cook for the others, with the help of Yuju, and they distributed it to each one of their little family. The soldiers haven’t returned back yet since they were part of the 49 days of mourning.

After that, Jeongyeon returned to Nayeon and cuddled her sobbing girlfriend until she fell asleep. Seeing that, Jeongyeon let out her sobs and tears that she’s been holding on. She doesn’t cry infront of Nayeon, knowing the older girl needed her to be strong.

But it hurts her, it hurts everyone. She tries to be strong for them but when she’s alone, she knows that Dahyun is still much stronger than her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week passed by, the mood was still gloomy. They managed to get out of their rooms but some stayed. They made light conversations with each other but that mostly it.

Tzuyu went down the practice room and stayed there instead. She tires herself out by forcing herself to create more and more illusions of Dahyun, to comfort herself. She tries to create an illusion because the guilt was eating her up.

Sana would often stop her from tiring herself but she wouldn’t listen. She told her girlfriend that it was her way of coping up with the lost but Sana wasn’t having it.

On the Sunday of the same week, she finally stopped when she fainted after creating the 2907st illusion of Dahyun. When she woke up, she realized that she haven’t moved on at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks had passed, everyone managed to leave their room except for Chaeyoung. They were eating all together and somehow, unconsciously, saved the seat where Dahyun usually sits. Right there, they knew that the void was still empty.

Momo would put food in the plate of the empty seat, saying that Dahyun could suddenly come back and it wouldn’t be good if she’s hungry and doesn’t have any food in her plate.

She wouldn’t miss a day without putting food in Dahyun’s plate. But Mina managed to stop her by saying that Dahyun wasn’t coming back, not anymore. Momo stopped eating and excused herself before breaking down at her room.

Even the jolly, food-loving Hirai Momo was having trouble accepting the reality of Dahyun’s death, making her lost appetite in every food including her favorite jokbal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three weeks had passed, everyone seems to be returning to normal. Chaeyoung still hasn’t gone out of her room but things wasn’t gloomy now, yet it wasn’t cheery either. It was just a plain day, a plain ordinary day without Dahyun.

Everyone stopped their habits. Jeongyeon doesn’t keep her tears now because she cries whenever Dahyun’s memories came up, Tzuyu doesn’t go to the training room anymore but still tires herself with something, Momo stopped placing food yet still starving herself while Nayeon, Mina and Sana suffered in silence, not wanting to add more guilt to their partner.

Jihyo, the loudest among them, haven’t said anything at all. It was her sister, so her words were probably still caught up in . They understand…they really do.

Dahyun was something more to them than just a leader, she was a part of their little family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four weeks, one whole month, had passed by. Everything finally returned to normal, except for Chaeyoung. Jeongyeon checked up on her one day and heard someone’s voice on the other side. She wanted to open the door, but decided to respect Chaeyoung’s privacy.

The rest was worried about Chaeyoung. They haven’t seen her leave her room in one month. But they decided to leave it alone since she was closer to Dahyun, emotionally. They know that Chaeyoung is emotionally broken right now, so they let it be.

They decided to visit Dahyun’s grave after a month to bring flowers since the first one they gave had already died. They say their messages and left together to return home.

That night, they slept with tears in their pillows. The reality of not having Dahyun had hit them all again after the visit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, everyone woke up at the same time due to the noises from Chaeyoung’s bedroom. That was the last straw, the others thought. They rushed to the girl’s room and opened the door forcefully. What they saw inside made them stop.

Chaeyoung was sitting in her bed with a book in her hand and a broken window with someone sitting on top of it. The smirk on that face was really familiar to them…

“Hey, guys.” she greeted the girls as she flew down the window and walked towards Chaeyoung to put a hand in the younger girl’s head. “Did you miss me?”

They opened their eyes at the sound coming from Chaeyoung’s room, realizing that it was just a dream. Or not, it could be a prediction. So they all went out of their room and ran towards Chaeyoung, only to see her sister there; Son Juyeon also known as Eunseo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Explain, why do you have that in your room?” SinB asked, pointing angrily at Eunseo.

“She’s a human, SinB. Calm down…” Yerin interrupted.

“She’s my sister.” Chaeyoung answered, unfazed by SinB’s anger. “She’s teaching me to do something that we all need. So, can you just leave us alone?”

“She’s an exile, Chaeyoung. They’re dangerous.” Jihyo commented.

“I would never hurt my sister.” Eunseo stated. “Besides, we’re only teaming up together for a better future. Can you just leave it at that?”

“No, I will not allow you to be near us. Not by a million years.” SinB muttered.

“Look, guys. I’m trying to change the future.” Chaeyoung confessed. “My power can change the future, meaning I could create a future where Dahyun unnie is alive.”

“So, it was a predictio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter