Chapter 22 - Vampires and Hunters

Fate in Our Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sorry, I can’t.” Mina said as she put a bulletproof vest over her, like Dahyun instructed. “I promised Sana unnie and Momoring that my main goal is the crown. Maybe Jihyo?”

“Jihyo will be too busy leading the two unit of soldiers because Wendy unnie is there.” Jeongyeon stated as she put a bulletproof jacket over her vest. “Please, Mina? Dahyun’s goal is the crown too, so I’m sure we’ll be able to take it either way.”

Mina hesitated before letting out a sigh and nodded. “Fine, I’ll take care of Dahyun. Though, I doubt she might need me.”

“Chaeyoung just need some assurance that Dahyun won’t make reckless decisions.”

“Alright, I’ll make sure of that.” Mina muttered with a salute. “No need to thank me.”

Jeongyeon chuckled before grabbing a pair of gloves that Dahyun handed. Apparently, it will help them on their raid to the vampire hunters’ headquarters. It was 4 in the morning. Only an hour left before they’ll leave to start their raid.

“Excuse me, unnie. I’ll check up on Sana unnie and Momo unnie in Tzuyu’s room.”

“Yeah, sure.”

Mina headed upstairs while Jeongyeon went to the kitchen. She backhugged Nayeon, who was cooking breakfast for them before leaving.

“A…”

“Yes?”

“I love you.”

Nayeon chuckled before turning around. “I love you, too.” she replied. “I really can’t still get used of you saying you love me in random moments.”

“Well…I was taught to never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them, because you never know, tomorrow could be too late.”

Nayeon’s expression turned serious. “Yoo Jeongyeon, return to me in one piece. Alright?”

“I love you.”

“I know that.”

Jeongyeon chuckled before hugging Nayeon. “I’ll try.”

“You’re an idiot.”

Jihyo entered the kitchen but immediately went out after feeling the atmosphere. She managed to hear a little bit of what Jeongyeon had said and that made her went to Wendy.

“Hey…”

“Hey.” Wendy greeted back as she arranged her sniper. “You okay?” she asked, upon noticing the expression on Jihyo’s face.

“Seungwan, after all of this things…can we take our relationship into the next level?”

Wendy chuckled. “What do you mean, Ji?”

“I want you to live with me. When the vampire hunters are defeated, the vampires can live a peaceful life and that means that we don’t need to stay in Dahyun’s house longer so…”

“You want me to move in with you?”

“Yes. I mean, we’re working in the same place and our shift only have a little time difference so we could head out together and leave work together. Grab groceries, eat and sleep together. Isn’t that nice?”

Wendy leaned in and kissed Jihyo, as an answer. “That sounds lovely, Park Jisoo.”

Jihyo pouted but later laughed. “It’s Jihyo, Wendy Son.” she stated and they both laughed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina slowly opened the door and creeped in to Tzuyu’s room, only to see Sana crying again while watching her girlfriend in a critical condition. Momo wasn’t in the room but Mina entered to comfort her friend.

“Sana unnie…”

Sana wiped her tears and faced Mina with a forced smile. “Y-Yeah? Are you leaving now?”

“No, not yet. We’re still going to eat breakfast because the others demanded to.” Mina answered and felt grateful when Sana chuckled. “How is she?”

“Still in critical condition. I couldn’t sleep that much because her heart rate was going up and down. I was afraid that it will totally go down if I wasn’t watching.”

“Unnie…you should rest. If Tzuyu wakes up and found out that you’re being restless, she’ll snap. You know how protective she could get, right?”

“Right. Well, Nayeon unnie will watch after her later. I’ll get some sleep when she does.”

“I’ll have Momo unnie watch after you, because I need to make sure you do rest.”

“Thanks, Mina.”

“No problem. And don’t worry, we’ll take that crown off that bastard and heal Tzuyu as soon as possible.”

“Yeah. You guys take care, okay?”

“We will.” Mina answered and on time, the door opened. “Moguri, where did you go?”

“I took some water for Sana.” Momo stated and handed a glass of water to Sana. “Anyways, the vampires are having breakfast downstairs. You should head down because they said that they’ll leave as soon as they finished. Wouldn’t want to be left here, right?”

“Ofcourse. I promised to take back the crown. I got to go, then. See you when I get back.”

Mina ran downstairs and joined the vampires in having breakfast. They talked about the plan while at it. Dahyun’s plan is to have the two unit of soldiers and Jihyo are going to destroy the headquarters and the ES Duo is on standby outside for the main finishing of the HQ while getting the crown is up to her and the rest of her team; Mina, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung.

They finished the breakfast and headed to the headquarters via Dahyun’s teleportation mist. Last time, the gate was masked with grass but now the gate was shown and Dahyun crouched down to open it using her handprint.

No one questioned why Dahyun’s handprint was saved in the anti-vampire security because they know that the things they’re wearing right now was handed by the technician of the hunters. The gate opened and Dahyun turned her earpiece on.

“Chanyeol, we’re going in right now. Deactivate the anti-vampire security and headed out of the headquarters immediately. It’s going to be chaotic inside.”

They saw the lights inside the headquarters turned green and Dahyun signaled them to enter now, probably because the anti-vampire security was deactivated. All of the vampires entered, except for SinB and Eunha. It was their plan to have them stay outside.

“Be out in an hour, okay? I can’t be patient enough here for too long.” SinB muttered.

“Wait here for an hour. If none of us have returned by then, enter the headquarters and blow the place little by little while making sure that our team is escaping. Alright?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter