Chapter 18 - Mission Failed

Fate in Our Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four days later, every vampires in the two units were prepared. They waited for Dahyun to come out and when she did, they started to travel towards the human world. The soldiers gathered around Dahyun with their weapons and they teleported.

“I don’t know if the address of those vampires hunters changed but I remembered that it was around this area.”

They looked around, hoping to find the headquarters they’re looking for but they couldn’t find it. Luckily, they have a genius among them.

“Princess!” Irene called “What are you doing?” she asked when she saw that Dahyun was touching the ground

“Something is unusual. The pattern here is uneven. Seulgi unnie, kindly open the ground.”

With one swing of her hammer that was covered with orange mist, the ground fell down. Dahyun was right, it was a secret passage.

“Sharpen your senses. We’re going with a pattern. I’ll be going first, followed by Seulgi unnie and Irene unnie then Jennie unnie. After that Jisoo unnie, Joy unnie and Lisa. Yeri and Rose unnie would be last. Now, let’s go…”

They entered the passage with the pattern that Dahyun said. They know that it was a pattern to balance since some of their weapons are for long range while some are short range. They continued walking with the light from Dahyun’s mist.

They reached a dead-end so they tried going back, reversing the pattern. But, it was a trap to reverse their pattern since as they go back, they were attacked with a rain of bullets.

Dahyun used a barrier but it was too late since Rose got hurt in the shoulder however it didn’t stopped her from using her other hand to fire her rifles. The rain of bullets stopped but the explosives were coming in their way.

Yeri suddenly pushed Rose and got infront of the girls “Y-Ya!” Rose stuttered, seeing the explosives that’s heading to Yeri and exploded infront of the girl “Yerim!”

Joy patted Rose’s shoulder with a smile “You forgot that my babe’s expertise is explosives.” she stated and saw that the smoke was cleared “She can always stop them.”’

Yeri was standing their unharmed even with all of that bombs “Geez. I’m not an idiot to sacrifice myself, Rose unnie.” she said with a chuckle when knives headed their ways

Dahyun throw a fire to block the knives and to see their opponents but all they saw was machines “Fck. We’re tricked…” she muttered when Seulgi smiled to her

“I got this, Princess. All of you, step aside.” she stated and everyone sticked to the wall to give space for Seulgi’s attack. When there’s a space, Seulgi focused her orange mist around her hammer and smashed the floor using it. Her mist went directly to the machine and it was destroyed “Done.” she said with a smile “What’s next, Princess?”

“Let’s head forward.” Dahyun said, referring to the place where the machine was standing “If they’re guarding it there, they must be hiding inside.” she added and the others nodded in agreement before they started to walk “Be careful. Observe the surroundings.”

They reached another dead-end but Dahyun could feel something unusual. She knocked on the wall and realized that it was hollow inside so she asked Seulgi to smash it open. They were greeted by an armed men, ready to shoot anytime.

“Who are you and why are you here?” one of the men asked

Dahyun took a deep breath “Are you one of the vampire hunters?”

“We asked first so answer us first…” another man stated

“We’re vampires, are you vampire hunters?”

“We are.” the first man answered “And it’s our duty to eliminate you.” he added before cocking his gun but before he could pull the trigger, Jennie shoot him using her dual pistol

“Dahyun, I hate waiting. Can we finish them?” she asked to the Princess who nodded “Great.” she added before cocking her pistol and started shooting everywhere

Rose chuckled before firing her rifles too, to help her girlfriend. After a few seconds, all men were down. They were just humans, after all. With that, they proceed to move forward. However, Dahyun stopped them.

“Rose unnie needs to heal her shoulder.” she stated, shocking everyone that the wound on Rose didn’t healed on her own “They’re vampire hunters, their weapons are used to kill us so it’s unable for us to heal ourselves once we’re hit by those weapons.”

“Then, what should we do?” Jennie asked while assisting the wound on her girlfriend

“You can heal it.” Dahyun stated, shocking everyone once more “Even if you’re unable to heal yourselves, your soulmate could heal the wounds using the mist.”

“Got it…” Jennie saluted before using her mist to heal the gunshot on Rose’s arm “Done.”

“Good. Now, let’s move forward.” Dahyun commanded and they started to walk further “Left.” she stated, seeing an opponent but Irene was faster in hitting it using her staff

“I got you covered, Princess. Just focus on the road…” she assured, making Dahyun smile

They reached another fake dead-end and instead of letting Seulgi opened it, Dahyun used her power to punch the wall and it crumbled. They were met by a library.

“What…the…heck?” Jisoo muttered as she look around “Ugh, I hate books.”

“Don’t let your guard down.” Dahyun reminded when she saw something heading their way “Jisoo unnie!” she called but Lisa was faster in throwing her knife to save her lover

“I got her, Dahyun. Calm down…” Lisa stated with a chuckle as she pulled Jisoo closer to her “Who are you? Show yourself to us.” she called the person who throwed the knife

“Are you sure it’s a person, Lisa?” Jisoo asked and Lisa just nodded. With that, a guy made his apperance “W-Woah…you’re right. It is a person.”

“Ofcourse. No machines could make that corkscrew throw.” Lisa answered

“As expected from our Princess the Ripper, Lalisa Manoban. You noticed the rotation of my knife, huh?” the guy said as he played his knif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter