Chapter 20 - She's back

Fate in Our Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB stood up from her seat and approached Yerin, making Sowon stood up to leave the two of them to talk. As soon as Sowon walked away, SinB replaced her seat and breathe deeply.

“I’m sorry.”

Yerin faced SinB and she did the same. Right there, SinB saw how hurt Yerin look like and she could almost punch her face for being a jerk to this angel infront of her.

“For what, Eunbi?

“For being a jerk.”

Yerin reached for SinB’s hand and fiddled with her fingers before intertwining them with hers. SinB stared at their conjoined hands, which was being swayed by Yerin.

“You don’t need to apologize, I just want some explanation.”

“Well, it’s more of an excuse.” SinB stated. “You see, I’m not good at relationship. I told you that before, right? So when things get out of hand, I don’t know what to do. That’s why I did the only thing I’m good at; being a jerk. I’m really sorry, Yerin unnie.”

SinB looked down, feeling guilty for what she did. She knows that Yerin hates her now so she couldn’t bear to look up, knowing there’s a chance that Yerin might break up with her. But she was confused when she heard Yerin laughed softly.

“So, you admit at being a jerk?”

“The biggest jerk.”

Yerin chuckled as she slowly draw pattern in SinB’s hand using her thumb. “Well, atleast you’re hot. Dating a hot jerk is the dream, Hwang Eunbi.”

SinB was confused. Was Yerin mad at her or not? Why is she suddenly being a cheeseball?

“Excuse me?”

“I said that dating you is a dream, you don’t have to worry about anything when things get out of hand because I will still love you.”

“So, you’re not mad at me?”

“The disadvantage of loving a hot jerk is that you can never get mad at them no matter how jerk they are. So, no. I’m not mad at you.”

SinB smiled before pulling Yerin into a hug. “Thank you, Yennie. I love you.”

“I love you too, as long as you promise not to be a jerk to your girlfriend again.”

“I’ll try.” SinB said, making Yerin pout. “I’m new to this things, unnie. I can’t promise you that this won’t happen again but I promise you I’ll try, okay?”

“Okay, that’s fine with me.” Yerin muttered as she snuggled closer to SinB. She forgot that Yerin was the cuddling type of person, yet she was happy. Having Yerin back in her arms and not mad at her is her happiness.

Meanwhile, Sowon was watching the couple with a smile on her face when she felt a tug in her sweater so she turn around and wasn’t actually shock to see it was Eunha.

“Hey…” she greeted first. “Are you here to apologize too?”

“Yeah, I miss you.”

“I miss you too, shortie.” Sowon stated as she put an arm around Eunha. “But you don’t need to apologize, I’m not mad at you.”

“You’re not? Why?”

“I’m too old to sulk about my girlfriend not waiting for me to get home.”

“Oh, really?” Eunha asked with a chuckle as she put an arm in Sowon’s waist. “I’ve always thought that you’re the sulky type of girlfriend.”

“Hey!” Sowon reacted, faking being offended. “I admit, there are certain times I can be sulky but there is also some times where I’m being understanding. With all crazy things about this vampires, soulmates and exiles things, I just can’t put more pressure on you.”

“Now, there’s the cool doctor Kim Sojung that I missed.”

“This cool doctor ain’t going anywhere, Jung Eunbi. I’ll be with you until the end of time.”

“That’s a pain in the .”

“How dare--”

Eunha cut Sowon off by tiptoeing and kissing her on the lips. “I’m kidding. I love you, no matter what.”

“I love you too.”

Jeongyeon smiled as she watched the ES Duo back with their partners. All Jeongyeon need is Dahyun to be back in their house. It might be a risky plan but she’s willing to gamble. Waiting for Dahyun is probably better than blindly attacking…for now.

Five days have passed and there’s only 2 days to wait before they go raid the vampire hunters. They still haven’t received any news about Dahyun but the soldiers stayed with them to be ready anytime.

They were worried but decided to trust Dahyun for awhile. They know that she can manage herself for atleast a week. Her only problem was that Chaeyoung was still unconscious.

“Speaking as a doctor, I think Chaeyoung won’t wake up until she means to. Some patients are like that. If they couldn’t face the reality yet, they would rather run from it. And I think, in Chaeyoung’s case, she’s afraid to accept that she’s a vampire or a daughter of an exile.”

“So, no matter what we do is useless?” Jeongyeon asked Nayeon, who nodded in response. “What if we talk about Dahyun? Maybe it’ll help her realize that she should wake up.”

“Yeah, that could help. But what if she woke up and find that Dahyun isn’t here?”

“We’ll do something about that when she’s already awake. We’ll explain to her about what happened after the war and where Dahyun is. For now, the main goal is waking her up.”

Nayeon nodded and went to call Jihyo, knowing that Jihyo was there during Dahyun and Chaeyoung’s childhood days. They asked Jihyo to talk about their memories with Dahyun and to encourage her to wake up, so Jihyo did.

The other girls listened at Jihyo’s story and can’t help but smile at Dahyun and Chaeyoung’s memories. If it was another patient, they probably would wake up right now. Yet, why is Chaeyoung still asleep?

“Perhaps she’s afraid of the reality that her mother could have been killed by Dahyun.” SinB suggested. “I mean…she knows how Dahyun gets mad, right?”

Jihyo turned to face Chaeyoung and started again. “Is it true, Chae? Are you afraid that Dahyun had done something to your mother? If so, I’m sorry. Dahyun loves you too much to control her anger. I apologize, Chaeyoung.”

Nayeon looked at the time and patted Jihyo. “Let’s try it again tomorrow. For now, we should have dinner.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter