Chapter 17 - Dahyun's Mission

Fate in Our Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kim Dahyun!” Jihyo called, stopping Dahyun from discussing something to the ES Duo “We need to talk.”

“What?”

“We need to talk.” Jihyo repeated “Can you two please leave the room?”

Eunha and SinB bowed to Dahyun and to Jihyo before leaving. Jihyo is still a Princess so they have to follow her command.

“Start talking.” Dahyun stated with a yawn as she laid her back on her seat “But if it’s about me going back to the human world then don’t bother to.” she added and closed her eyes

“What do you want?” Jihyo asked, making Dahyun open her eyes and look at her sister with a ‘huh?’ look “What do you want to happen? You left but you suggested the house for us to stay. Doesn’t that mean that you’ll return to the human world when the time comes?”

Dahyun closed her eyes again before answering “I suggested the house to protect you. That’s the least I could do after I included you in the war. If you don’t want to stay, leave. I don’t really care if you don’t want to. I just want you to be safe while the ES Duo is here.”

“That means you care.” Jihyo commented “Why won’t you go back to the human world when you care so much with the people who’s waiting for you over there?”

“They’re waiting?” Dahyun repeated “Tell them to stop. I’m not going back.”

“Why? I need you to tell me why so I could explain to them about everything.”

“I need to rule over the Kingdom. Father is wounded and it seems like even Eunha unnie can’t heal her. I need to stay in the throne as she recovers. That’s the deal we made.”

“I understand. Alright, then. I’ll help you find the cure to her wounds and we’ll return to the human world when she heals.”

Dahyun opened her eyes and faced Jihyo “How the hell are you going to do that?”

“We had a chat when you left after the war. I got a clue on how she got that wound. It’s from those hunters.”

“Vampire hunters?” Dahyun asked and Jihyo nodded “I thought they already stopped.”

“Apparently, they returned. And if those vampires used another ancient weapon, we need to find it to be able to know the cure. Wait…how about Sowon?”

“Sowon? Heal father? Are you crazy, unnie?”

“She managed to heal Eunha.”

“That’s because they’re soul--wait…” Dahyun trailed “Mom. She could heal Father.” she stated as she stood up “Let’s go to father’s room.” she added and they walked upstairs until they arrived the room “Father, I’m coming in.” she entered the room and saw her parents

“What’s the matter, Dahyun?” Solar asked her daughter “Oh…Jisoo? You’re here?”

“It’s Jihyo, mom. Again and again?” Jihyo muttered with irritation “Anyways, Dahyun has a theory on how to heal Father.”

“A theory? What is it?”

“Last time, Eunha unnie was wounded with a vampire hunters’ weapon. It was an ancient weapon that made her healing skills unable to work the same way. We tried to heal her but we couldn’t until Sowon unnie. Sowon unnie is Eunha unnie’s soulmate.”

“So, you’re saying that I can heal Byul? I’m not even a healer, dear.”

“Just try to use your mist. Nothing will be lost if you do, right?” Dahyun convinced and Solar finally nodded “Great. Focus your mist on your palm and use both of your hands to press the wound.” she instructed and Solar followed what she just said

The three of them observed Moonbyul as Solar pressed her palm on her wound. They noticed that the wounds were slowly closing itself until it was fully closed and Moonbyul could now open her eyes.

“H-How?” she asked to the three “Who healed me?”

“Mother.” her two daughters answered as they pointed Solar, who was showing a peace sign

“Thanks, honey.” Moonbyul thanked with a wink, making Dahyun and Jihyo cringe “I didn’t know that you would be my cure.”

“Father, stop being greasy please.” Dahyun pleaded

“I’m sorry. It’s a sign that I’m well now. Thank you…”

“Anyway, father. Can Dahyun return to the human world now? You can rule over, right?”

“Dear…” Solar called Jihyo

“It’s fine, Yongsun.” Moonbyul stated “That’s right. Dahyun could return to the human world now. But that if she wants to…” she added as she look at her youngest daughter

“Ofcourse you want to. Right, Dahyun?”

“Not yet.” Dahyun answered, shocking Jihyo “I’m not returning yet. Father, you need to recover completely. Don’t push yourself and give a day rest. Mother, take care of her. Jihyo unnie, I can’t return yet because I’m going to go on a mission.”

“What mission?”

“I’m going to talk to the vampire hunters. They promised to stop the hunt, five years ago. I was the witness of that pact but why did they attacked now?”

“Their leader changed.” Moonbyul informed “The one that we made the pact with was killed and another one took over. He’s a hard one to deal so…don’t waste your time.”

“It’s for the Kingdom, father. Every vampires need to be protected from those hunters.”

“What would you do? Those hunters are in the human world.”

“That’s right. I’m returning to the human world but I’m not returning to your side. I risked your life during the war, I’m not going to risk it again. You guys don’t need to follow me.”

“Be careful, Dahyun.” Solar reminded “If they could wound Byul, I’m sure they’re good.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll bring the best soldiers with me.” Dahyun stated as she bowed before going out of the room with Jihyo following her “You can now go back, unnie. I don’t need you.”

“Now, isn’t that h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter