Chapter 10.5 - Dahyun's Promise

Fate in Our Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun wore a black ripped jeans, plain white shirt and her leather jacket. She grabbed her black cap before heading down. She looked at herself in the mirror before smiling.

“Damn, I look good.” a voice muttered “That’s what you’re thinking, right?”

“That’s not it, SinB.” Dahyun answered as she arrange her black hair before putting a cap on “I’m just thanking God for making me a better-looking person than you.”

“Well, that’s harsh.” SinB said, pretending to be hurt “I’m hotter than you, Kim.”

“Oh, yeah. Hot-headed than me.”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“I don’t care.” Dahyun stated as she struck her tongue out but pulled it back in when she saw Chaeyoung walking down the stairs “Hey, Chaeng.”

“U-Unnie…you look great.”

“Thanks. You look…” Dahyun trailed as she look at Chaeyoung and saw that the younger girl was wearing a plain black shirt that matches hers and a brown jagger jeans “…perfect.”

“That’s too much.” Chaeyoung said with a chuckle “Anyways, let’s go?”

“Yeah, go and have fun.” SinB interrupted as she entered the living room

Chaeyoung eyed SinB before walking towards Dahyun and asked “Is she okay?”

“She is. It’s in her personality to tease people with her mean deep voice. But she really mean that to be a tease, don’t worry.”

“Yeah…I’ll get used to it soon.”

“You will. But I think I’ll be seeing SinB smile a lot more now that Yerin unnie’s here.”

“Shipper.” Chaeyoung teased before linking her arms with Dahyun “Forget about that and let’s head out now. The earlier we leave, the more fun we’ll have.”

“You’re right. Let’s go, then.” Dahyun agreed and they headed out of the house

Dahyun got her motorcycle from the garage and handed Chaeyoung a helmet. Chaeyoung got the helmet and put it on her head before riding the motor. Dahyun started the engine and drove off while Chaeyoung hugged her from behind.

“Why did you bought a motor when you can teleport?” Chaeyoung decided to ask

“To look cool.” Dahyun answered with a chuckle “I always thought that motors are cool.”

“Oh, yeah. I remembered. You would always watch motor racing because it’s cool, right?”

“That’s right. It was my dream to have a motor and race with people using it.”

“Have you ever done it before?” Chaeyoung asked, ready to scold the girl if she did because motor racing is dangerous but luckily Dahyun shook her head “Thank god…”

“I was planning to but I didn’t continued because Eunha unnie wanted me to drive a car instead. It was more safer, in her opinion.”

“But you got into a car accident involving that kid, right? How did that happened?”

“SinB.” was all Dahyun answered before she parked the car in the parking lot of Yoo Hospital “I’m just going to check up on him then we’ll continue our date. Is that okay?”

“No problem. I would also like to come with you, actually.”

“Oh, sure. Come on. Donghan would be happy to meet you. He’s a nice kid.”

The two of them entered the hospital and went to the little boy’s room. When they entered, they saw him together with a lady and five other little boys.

Donghan saw her so he immediately called Dahyun “Unnie!”

“Hey, Donghan.” Dahyun greeted before facing the lady and bowing to her “Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Dahyun-imnida.”

“Oh, you’re Dahyun sshi.” the lady said as she bowed to Dahyun too “Thank you so much for taking Donghan in the hospita and for paying his hospital bills.”

“No problem. It was actually our fault that he got an injured leg.”

“Aniya, unnie. I told you, it wasn’t your fault. I was the one who ran towards your car.” Donghan explained

“Yeah, but SinB wasn’t looking to where she was going.” Dahyun stated with a smile “Anyways, may I know who you are?” she asked to the lady

“Aish…where’s my manners?” the lady muttered with a chuckle “My name’s HyunA. I’m from an orphanage that houses Donghan together with these boys.”

“Orphanage?” Dahyun repeated as she look at Donghan “You’re from an orphanage?”

“Oh…” Donghan answered with a nod

“Why didn’t you told me? I could have taken you there.”

“Sorry…”

“Actually…Donghan doesn’t want to be in the orphanage anymore.” a plum-colored hair boy stated “So, he ran away.”

“Kenta!” HyunA called in a stern voice “I’m sorry about that, Dahyun sshi. They’re just on the age that it’s hard to control them.”

Dahyun just smiled to HyunA before crouching down to match Donghan’s face “Did you really ran away because you don’t want to be there?” she asked

Donghan hesitated for a while before nodding, shocking HyunA and making Dahyun sigh. She smiled sadly before patting Donghan’s head and comforted him since he was already crying. Chaeyoung was just watching as Dahyun comfort the little boy.

“Is it possible to adopt them?” Dahyun asked, shocking everyone in the room “I mean, not now but…I would like to.”

“W-Well…it would take a few months to finish his paperworks in transferring to your family registry. Plus it would cost a lot to pay the paperworks of adoption.”

“I don’t mind.” Dahyun stated and looked at Donghan “I’ll take care of you soon. For now, wait for me. I still have things to do so…can you bear being in the orphanage for a bit?”

Donghan nodded his head eagerly, making Dahyun smile as he ruffled his head. After that, Dahyun let HyunA take Donghan after she discharge him from the hospital. Then, the two of them went to the mall.

“Why did you want to suddenly adopt a kid?”

“I just felt sad for him, okay? Besides, he’s a Kim. I have a connection with him.”

“There’s thousands of Kims around Korea. Don’t tell me you’re all c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter