Chapter 16 - Brand New Day

Fate in Our Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon woke up to the sunlight that shone from the windows. She opened her eyes and saw that Nayeon was actually awake and was now tying the curtains.

“You don’t have your shift till 10AM, A. Let’s sleep some more.” Jeongyeon muttered

Nayeon turned around and smiled. Right there, Jeongyeon could swear she was dating a Goddess. As the sunlight shone in the background, Nayeon’s smile was as bright as it.

“Woah…” Jeongyeon reacted with open “Were you always this gorgeous, A?”

“What do you mean?” Nayeon asked with a chuckle as she approached Jeongyeon “We need to cook breakfast for the others, Jeong. They also have to go to work today.”

“I see. So that’s why you woke up early.” Jeongyeon said as she look at the clock that indicates 7:09AM “Alright, then. I’ll help you in the kitchen. Let’s go…”

The two of them headed towards the basement floor 2 where the living room and dining room of the basement together with the kitchen. Dahyun’s basement has 5 floor. The first floor has the rooms, second room has the kitchen, living room and dining room, third floor has the library, fourth floor was an empty floor and fifth floor was the training ground.

As soon as they got to the kitchen, they noticed that there was utensils used to cook and there was a note pasted in the refrigerator. It was Mina’s handwriting…

 

Momo unnie and I left early since our work starts at 7:30AM. We’ll return home at 8 or 9PM.

-Myoui

 

“Seems like we need to wake up more early next time, A.” Jeongyeon joked, making Nayeon chuckled “So, what do you want to do? Eat breakfast or back to sleep?”

“Eat breakfast, I’m hungry.” Nayeon answered as she walked to the dining room and sat down “What is Mina and Momo’s work, Jeong?” she asked as she eat

“Myoui Company is a gaming company. They develop games and apps to download. Mina is the CEO while Momo, I heard that she’s Mina’s assistant.”

“I see.” Nayeon muttered when the dining room opened “Oh, goodmorning.” she greeted to Sana and Tzuyu who was now walking to the table “Breakfast?”

“Yes, please.” Sana answered as she sat down while drying her hair with a towel since she just showered “You two don’t have works?”

“Later.” Nayeon stated “How about you? When’s the start of your shift?”

“I’m a barista at a cafe. My shift starts at 8AM to 7PM.” Sana said as she started to eat “Tzuyu’s work starts at 8:30AM to 8:30PM. She’s a lawyer.” she added

“They didn’t asked, yeobo.” Tzuyu jokingly muttered, making Sana pout “I’m kidding.”

The door opened again and the one who entered this time was Jihyo and Wendy. Jihyo was the same as Sana, she was drying her hair as she enter the room. The two of them sat down in the table together with the others after greeting a goodmorning.

“What’s your work, Jihyo?” Nayeon asked out of curiosity “You too, Wendy unnie.”

“Publisher.” Jihyo answered “We publish books, news and other literature.”

“Jihyo likes the work of publisher because she can update with current news and can also learn things from reading the drafts that we’re going to publish.” Wendy stated “I work as proof-reader in the same company so Jihyo’s kind of my sunbae.”

“When does your shift starts?” Sana asked this time

“8AM-9PM while Wannie starts at 8:30AM-8PM.” Jihyo muttered

“The four of us could leave together, then. Sana unnie’s shift is also 8 and mine’s 8:30.”

“That’s a good idea, Tzuyu.” Wendy said “But how about you two?” she asked to Nayeon

“Jeongyeon doesn’t have shifts so she appears at the hospital any time while my shift starts at 10AM to 12 midnight. Don’t worry, we’ll take care of the dishes after. Sowon, Yerin and Umji have shifts at 9AM and 9:30 so Jeongyeon and I will be the last to leave.”

“I see.” Wendy nodded “Then, we’ll leave Dahyun’s house in your care for today.” she added jokingly, making the others chuckled

After eating, the two couples left the place while the NaJeong couple washed the dishes and went to the living room to watch movies before Nayeon’s shift starts.

As they were watching, the door opened and Sowon entered together with Yerin and Umji. Sowon’s shift starts at 9AM to 11PM while Yerin and Umji is on the same shift of 9:30AM to 10:30PM. The two couples greeted the three with a goodmorning and wondered…

“Where’s Eunha, SinB and Yuju?” Nayeon asked the trio

“Eunha was gone when I woke up. Probably went back to the underworld.” Sowon answered as she sat down in the dining table

“Same with SinB.” Yerin muttered as she also sat down

“How about Yuju? She doesn’t have to return to the underworld, right?”

“Yuju does a morning routine.” Jeongyeon informed “She’ll come back at 9AM.”

“What routine?” Umji asked

“She strengthens her power by going to either a museum or an abandoned amusement park. She’ll turn things alive and control them for awhile before returning them back to their original state. That’s her morning routine ever since I knew her.”

“That’s…”

“Weird?” Yuju finished Umji’s statement as she appeared out of nowhere “Well, thanks.”

“I was about to say cool, but weird sounds fine too.” Umji said with a smile

“Enough sweetness, please.” Sowon yelled from the dining table “I’m eating waffles here.”

“You’re just bitter since Eunha isn’t here, giraffe.” Jeongyeon teased

“Yeah, I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter