CHAPTER 20

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
           

           

 

 

            Sandara wasn't used to the cold climate. Because of this, she often found herself unable to wake up early in the morning. Mr. Cha served as her personal alarm clock whenever he began knocking on her bedroom door to tell her that breakfast was ready.

 

 

 

            It had been five days since they came to Montresuil-Sur-Mer and Sandara had yet to see Jaejoong during breakfast. Jaejoong would often get home late and sleep through the whole morning.

 

 

 

            Despite living together in one roof, Sandara barely saw Jaejoong. She and Mr. Cha would be out of the house before Jaejoong woke up.

 

 

 

            Mr. Cha had begun teaching her how to drive. He said that it was important for her to learn how to drive so she could go wherever she wanted to without needing a driver. As they drove through every corner of Montresuil-Sur-Mer, Mr. Cha also served as her tour guide as he informed her of the names of every place in that region. For Sandara's driving lessons, they used Mr. Cha's silver Chevrolet Montecarlo. Sandara though was interested to try Jaejoong's black Porsche Turbo. But since Jaejoong often used it, she never had the chance.

 

 

 

            Sandara was not only learning how to drive but also the names of every car and their technical specifications from Mr. Cha. Before, Sandara wasn't even aware that cars had individual names. She just classified vehicles into cars, jeeps, buses and trucks.

 

 

 

            For the past days, Sandara and Mr. Cha drove through vineyards and plantations in the town's outskirts to the town's wet market, groceries, church, shops and other places. Mr. Cha required Sandara to memorize these places and how to best get there. Mr. Cha also brought Sandara to a local racetrack and to a horse breeding farm. Mr. Cha introduced Sandara to his friend, Maurice who owned the horse breeding farm.

 

 

 

            Sandara was totally impressed when she got to see the horses in Maurice's farm. They all came from the best bloodlines! Most of them were even former race champions in local and international competitions. The thoroughbreds her uncle brought paled in comparison to the horses in Maurice's farm. When Sandara discovered how much each of the horses cost, she was shocked!

 

 

 

            "When these champion racehorses become too old to race or suffered injuries that would affect their performance in a race, they are often brought to us," Maurice said.

 

 

 

            "Is this their retirement home?" asked Sandara.

 

 

 

            "Sort of since we give them the best care a horse could possibly have. But this is also a breeding farm. The owners of these horses brought them here to breed them. A lot of people are waiting for the foals that would come from these champion racehorses. Those foals could fetch a lot of money especially during an auction. The price of each foal depends on who his sire and dam are."

 

 

 

            "Could I ride one of them?" Sandara inquired.

 

 

 

            "Of course! I will even teach you how to ride a horse like a jockey so if you plan on joining a horse race, you would have a chance of winning."

 

 

 

            All three of them laughed at Maurice's joke. But Sandara was really serious in riding one of these champion horses. So, Maurice allowed Sandara to ride the horses in the afternoon after she had finished her driving lessons with Mr. Cha.

 

 

 

            Because the horse breeding farm had a private racetracks, Sandara was able to ride the horses on the tracks and pretend that she was on a race. Maurice also taught her how to ride like a jockey. Sandara learned several tricks from Maurice how to control horses while running during a race as well as how to urge them to go faster without using a horsewhip.

 

 

 

            Today, Maurice's friend, Belmont, would be visiting the farm. Belmont was a professional jockey, and Sandara was looking forward to meeting him and learning new tricks from him regarding horses. She was also keen on having a race with Belmont. She wanted to know if she could win against Belmont.

 

 

 

            Despite the chill of the morning, Sandara quickly jumped out of bed when she heard Mr. Cha's familiar knock on her door. She was excited to get to Maurice's farm and meet Belmont today.

 

 

 

            "Give me ten minutes, Mr. Cha! I will be ready!" she shouted as she ran toward the bathroom for a quick bath.

 

 

 

            The bedroom door opened and Sandara saw Jaejoong n standing in the hallway. Sandara stopped on her tracks. For a moment, she couldn't breathe as she stared at Jaejoong. He was wearing a grey sweatshirt and gym pants. But Sandara knew that no matter what Jaejoong was wearing, he would still be able to take her breath away.

 

 

 

            "We are going to start your training today," he informed her.

 

 

 

            "Training?" For a moment, Sandara 's mind went blank before she remembered the reason she came with Jaejoong here in France.

 

 

 

            "Wear comfortable clothes and shoes," he suggested before he turned his back and walked away.

 

 

 

            Maurice, the horses and even Belmont, the jockey flew out of Sandara's head. She could only think of Jaejoong and the two of them spending the whole day together! She felt giddy as a sense of excitement and happiness descended on her. She ran toward the bathroom. Despite the chill of the morning, Sandara had always taken a bath before eating breakfast. The water heater made taking a bath in this cold climate bearable but even if there was no heater, Sandara would still brave the cold shower. She would never go with Jaejoong without taking a bath first!

 

 

 

            After her bath, she sprayed one of the perfumes Mr. Cha had bought for her in Korea all over her body. When she appeared for breakfast, Mr. Cha smiled upon noticing her perfume. She rarely used perfume when they had driving lessons. But Jaejoong didn't even notice the perfume and continued eating breakfast.

 

 

 

            Sandara had decided to wear a long sleeved shirt,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter