CHAPTER 5

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

            Six years had gone by since Lee Sooman had Kim Jaejoong's father killed. The old man was rich and powerful and Jaejoong  knew that he wouldn't be able to get justice from the police or the courts. He also didn't have the money or the power to fight the powerful Lee Sooman during that time.

 

 

 

 

            But he possessed an intelligent and brilliant mind that most of his instructors in the ROK Armed Forces Academy had compared to famous historical generals who won wars because of their clever strategies that befuddled and surprised their enemies. Jaejoong was also a natural‑born fighter. His body possessed great physical stamina and the keen ability to learn easily how to use weapons and master fighting techniques.

 

 

 

 

            His classmates in the academy would often comment that he wasn't born to be a soldier but to be a fighting general who won wars because of his cunning and shrewd mind. Jaejoong's intelligence and skills were the weapons he was going to use to take down Lee Sooman.

 

 

 

 

            He then left the academy and entered the world of mercenary soldiers to earn the money he would need in his revenge. But he soon became disillusioned, and left his agency when he realized that most of those who hired him were so much like Lee Sooman. They were the rich and powerful who took advantage of the weak and the destitute.

 

 

 

 

            After leaving the world of the mercenary soldiers, Jaejoong used the money he earned to create a job that perfectly fitted his personality and skills. He became an enforcer for hire. But the only ones who would suffer death from his hands were the guilty and those who had escaped the hands of the law. He would make all monsters and soulless creatures pay for the crimes and sins they had committed.

 

 

 

 

            He soon learned that in this world, there were people willing to pay to get the justice that the law and the courts of man had denied them. But he rarely took the money of his clients, instead, he made the criminals pay for his services by taking all of their ill-gotten money.

 

 

 

 

            After all, the evil men in the world often possessed the most money and since they wouldn't need those in the after life, Jaejoong decided he had much better use for them.

 

 

 

 

           

 

            Slowly, through his job, he believed he was getting rid the world of evil monsters. He also began to acquire the money he needed in order to avenge the death of his father. Killing Lee Sooman was too easy. He had a much more appropriate fate planned for the powerful, rich man.

 

 

 

 

            If his plan for revenge could be compared to a game of chess, it might be said that he had finally acquired and positioned all of his important chess pieces on the board to checkmate Lee Sooman. Jaejoong now possessed the money he needed for his revenge. He had also acquired his rook in the form of a very reliable butler named Mr. Cha. His queen was also in position. The beautiful Nana stood as his queen who would not just hurt but totally destroy Lee  Sooman family!

 

 

 

 

            All Jaejoong needed was to wait for the right time before striking. And while waiting for that time, he continued doing his usual business. He planned to acquire more money than Lee Sooman was able to possess in his entire life.

 

 

 

 

            Jaejoong's job as an enforcer often brought him to different parts of the world. But once in a while, he would go back to his land of birth. Most of the jobs he would do in this country were pro bono. He no longer waited for the aggrieved family to go to him, he himself would search for victims needing justice.

 

 

 

 

            This time, he took in as his client a woman named Jiwoo. She though never knew Jaejoong was going to give her the justice denied from her son. Jiwoo's son, Yoon, died in the hands of Sung-rok. He was drunk during that time, and he suspected Yoon of stealing his wallet. The child was innocent, but Sung-rok  wouldn't hear his pleas. He continued beating Yoon until he died. The boy bled to death, and no one among the witnesses dared to stop the mad Sung-rok.

 

 

 

 

            Sung-rok worked as chief of security for Paradise Ranch,  and the rich owner of the ranch, Choi Minsik, helped him get off from his crime. His family was quite influential in the town of Daeju, so Sung-rok was never charged of anything. Sung-rok was also friends with the chief of police, so Yoon's death was simply filed as an accident. No one came forth to question this except Jiwoo, but her words fell on deaf ears.

 

 

 

 

            Jaejoong knew he was the only one who could punish Sung-rok and give justice to Yoon's brutal murder. He went to see Jiwoo to assure her that her son would get the justice he deserved. She was confused as to how he would be able to do this, but Jaejoong wasn't someone who explained his methods.

 

 

 

 

            Jaejoong's plan was simple. He would get a job inside Paradise Ranch and punish Sung-rok. One of the reasons why Jaejoong never attracted the attention of police authorities was because he made sure that all deaths would appear like an accident. Sometimes if that wasn't possible, he simply made these criminals disappear from the face of the earth. In the case of Sung-rok, he wanted his death to appear as punishment from the heavens for all of his crimes.

 

 

 

 

            Jaejoong at first planned to work in Paradise Ranch as one of the caretakers of the cows, but when he heard that Minsik was looking for a good horse trainer and breeder, he knew that job would fit him well. He had Hodong get him the best credentials to impress the Choi’s. Jaejoong didn't have the papers needed to pass as the best horse trainer, but Mr. Cha could easily take care of that.

 

 

 

 

            He would have no problem taking care of horses. His grandfather had taught him everything about horses and how to train them. When he was a teenager, his father had made him responsible for all the horses they owned. He took care of the horses until he entered the ROK Armed Forces.

 

 

 

 

            His horsemanship and knowledge about horses were greatly improved during his mercenary days. The owner of the private military agency, Gen. Moon, made it part of the training for every mercenary under him to learn everything about how to ride and take care of a horse as well as drive all kinds of sea, air and land vehicles.

 

 

 

 

            After Mr. Cha had provided Jaejoong the paper credentials he needed to impress the Choi couple, they immediately hired him. Jaejoong's only complaint was that Mr. Cha had given him the name, Bong Pil. It was an awful sounding name!

 

 

 

 

            As the horse trainer Bong Pil, Jaejoong was free to move inside Paradise Ranch. He didn't have a hard time observing and knowing his target's routine.

 

 

 

 

            From where Jaejoong stood now, he quietly observed Sung-rok who as always was at the main gate giving last minute instructions to the guards coming in for the nightshift. Jaejoong had been in the ranch for a week now. He had already memorized Sung-rok's daily routine. After Sung-rok had made his presence felt in the main gate every late afternoon, Sung-rok would go back to his quarters, take a bath, get dressed and proceed to his favorite beerhouse in town. But tonight, he wouldn't be able to reach his quarters, because death would meet him tonight.

 

 

 

 

            Sung-rok stopped giving instructions to the guards when the four big dogs guarding the gate began barking. The ranch workers were currently filing out of the gate. Their work was finished for the day and all would go home to rest. The dogs continued barking at the workers walking out of the gate.

 

 

 

 

            "Set the dogs loose!" shouted Sung-rok.

 

 

 

 

            The four big guard dogs rushed toward the group of workers! Every worker screamed and ran for their lives! The guards quickly closed the gate, trapping the workers. The dogs surrounded a teensy worker and separated him from the others. There was no fear on the worker's demeanor. He stood there defiant while surrounded by the barking dogs.

 

 

 

 

            The teensy worker kicked one of the dogs that got a little too close to him. The dog yelped as the kick threw him into the air. The worker then drew a small folding knife. It was obvious he was prepared to fight his way out of the gate. And the next dog that attacked would die.

 

 

 

 

            The other guards surrounded the worker, their guns aimed toward him.

 

 

 

 

            "Bring the dogs back to their cages," ordered Sung-rok. "I will take care of Miss So-dam."

 

 

 

 

            Sung-rok walked toward the teensy worker and grabbed his hat. Everyone gasped when they recognized the worker as Miss So-dam. She had her long hair in a bun hidden by the hat.

 

 

 

 

            Jaejoong almost laughed when he realized that So-dam had disguised herself as a man and one of the workers. She had followed his suggestion. Jaejoong was only teasing her, he never thought she had in her to try to escape like this.

 

 

 

 

            "Miss So-dam," Sung-rok's voice was hard, "when are you going to rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter