CHAPTER 8

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

           

 

 

            "A beauty salon?" So-dam was shocked when she saw where Jaejoong was taking her that afternoon.

 

 

 

 

            "You need a new look. New hairstyle. So that you wouldn't be easily recognize by those who know you."

 

 

 

 

            "Why do I feel like you want me to look beautiful because you are going to sell me to the highest bidder?" she said suspiciously.

 

 

 

 

            "You don't need any makeover to look beautiful. You are already beautiful."

 

 

 

 

            She was stupefied. The man always had a ready answer whenever they began to banter with each other.

 

 

 

 

            "This salon is too pricey. I don't have money to pay for their services."

 

 

 

 

            "I will lend you some money. And don't worry, I am listing all of your expenses. Before we part ways, I will have you sign the list, then have it duplicated so that both of us would have a copy. When the time comes for me to collect your debt, you know how much you need to pay or the kind of favor you need to give me," he chuckled.

 

 

 

 

            Despite the tone on Jaejoong's voice, she couldn't help but worry about the favor he would ask of her in the future. If she didn't have a talk with Mr. Cha this morning, she would have ran away from Jaejoong already. But the butler had assured her that whatever Jaejoong would ask as payment was something she would be able to give without demeaning herself or putting herself in danger. There was also the fact that despite Mr. Cha being Jaejoong's butler, the former could easily make the latter follow his orders. The two men have a strange relationship.

 

 

 

 

            Mr. Cha also had a way to make her feel at ease and protected. Kim Jaejoong on the other hand made her feel anxious. Every time she thought she could trust him, he would start saying and doing things that would make her suspicious again. She felt like the man was playing with her emotions and at the same time putting her in deep debt so he could collect whatever payment he wanted in the future.

 

 

 

 

            As she sat herself on one of the chairs in the parlor and the staffs began doing the makeovers Jaejoong instructed them to do, she remembered the conversation she had with Mr. Cha this morning...

 

 

 

 

           

 

 

            Jaejoong left the suite after he and So-dam finished breakfast. She found herself all alone inside the big hotel suite. When she checked the hotel door, she discovered that she could open it and go out if she wanted too. She wasn't confined inside the room. But where would she go? And what would she do? She neither had money nor a place to stay.

 

 

 

 

            Mr. Cha got back to the suite an hour later, and he and So-dam got to talk. Mr. Cha tried to use the Korean language because he wanted to practice it. This resulted to she giggling several times because of Mr. Cha's French accent. Some of the Korean words he was using often would change meaning because of his accent.

 

 

 

 

            " Jaejoong may not always tell the truth, but he is not an evil man," he explained when she brought out her suspicions regarding his decision to help her. "And he never put innocent people in danger. Though he would never admit it, Jaejoong has a tendency to help and bring home lost and endangered kittens or in your case, a tiger. You are not the first one he helped out, So-dam."

 

 

 

 

            "Is he planning to make me his kept woman?"

 

 

 

 

            Mr. Cha chuckled.

 

 

 

 

            " Jaejoong likes women. But he never keeps them. He says it isn't part of his lifestyle to have a relationship with a woman. Most of the women in his life often come and go. And not one even stayed for more than three days. He doesn't want a relationship. He is also allergic to women in love with him. He avoids them like the plague because he believes that a woman in love with him would only bring complication and problems to his life."

 

 

 

 

 

            "What is he really planning for me, Mr. Cha?"

 

 

 

 

            "He plans to help you stand on your own feet. He always has this great respect for people who fight for their lives and who faces problems with courage. And since he saw those qualities in you and he also realized that you are like an innocent child when it comes to living in the real world, he has decided to help you out."

 

 

 

 

            "Did he told you that himself?"

 

 

 

 

            "I know him very well. And I also investigated your background and your relatives when he decided to work for the ranch. That is part of my job. To know the people Jaejoong would be interacting with. Speaking of which, can I get your body size? I would need that to buy you clothes that would really look good on you."

 

 

 

 

            "The clothes you bought for me last night are enough for me."

 

 

 

 

            "Two T-shirts, one blouse, one skirt, one pants, a box of undies and one nightgown is not enough, mademoiselle!" His Frenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter