CHAPTER 11

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

           

 

 

 

           

            So-dam and Jaejoong brought the injured woman to her house, which turned out to be on the fifth floor of a condominium. It became clear to So-dam that the woman was well off. But that was already expected about doctors. Most doctors were rich.

 

 

 

 

            Jaejoong wanted to treat the woman's injuries immediately, but the latter wanted to clean up first. Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders and allowed her to go to the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

            So-dam on the other hand remained convinced that the woman had been . She suspected the woman was just too embarrassed to admit it. She felt pity and sympathized with the woman and at the same time condemned the men who did this to her. She suddenly realized that the woman had been in the bathroom far too long.

 

 

 

 

 

            "Something must have happened to her!" she turned to Jaejoong. "Maybe we should follow her to the bathroom. I have read an article that victims often blamed themselves and they often felt so dirty. And her being a doctor must have added to her humiliation."

 

 

 

 

 

            "She wasn't ," he commented.

 

 

 

 

 

            "What? How could you be sure?" she asked.

 

 

 

 

 

            "She was injured because she fought back her attackers."

 

 

 

 

 

            Both of them turned to the sound of the bathroom's door opening. She was taken aback when she saw the woman. She was now wearing a long bathrobe, but gone were her long hair and manicured nails. Though she still looked pretty, it was now clear to So-dam that she wasn't a she but a he! The woman they rescued was a man!

 

 

 

 

 

            "So, what really is your name?" asked Jaejoong. He wasn't surprised at the gender change.

 

 

 

 

 

            "Jinwoo,. How did you know‑"

 

 

 

 

 

            "I know women and their bodies. When I carried you, I instantly noticed that your body doesn't belong to a woman. That you were a man dressed as a woman."

 

 

 

 

 

            She continued staring. She couldn't take her eyes off Jinwoo.

 

 

 

 

 

            "I'm sorry if I made you believe I was a woman. I just thought that you would be more inclined to help me if you thought I was female than finding out I'm a man dressed up as a woman." He looked chagrin.

 

 

 

 

 

            "Why are you dressed as a woman?" She found herself asking.

 

 

 

 

            "So-dam, let's treat his injuries first before you start your interrogation. I am sure he has a long story to tell."

 

 

 

 

 

            "Thank you both for bringing me home, but I can treat my own injuries now," said Jinwoo.

 

 

 

 

 

            "You won't be able to reach the injuries behind your back," Jaejoong pointed out. "We can do that for you. You have nothing to worry, Jinwoo, your secret is safe with us. We won't tell anyone what happened to you tonight."

 

 

 

 

 

            "So, where do you put the medicine and bandages?" asked So-dam.

 

 

 

 

 

            Jinwoo pointed to a small cabinet in the corridor going to the kitchen. She found a green box there, labeled first aid kit. She put the box down on the low table in the middle of the living room. She then told Jinwoo to sit on the sofa before she began treating his injuries. He had a broken lip and an open wound on his left brow. His left eye was also swollen.

 

 

 

 

 

            She first put some antiseptic on the wounds before she put a bandage on them. She was used to treating minor wounds like these because as a child, she always got herself injured whenever she would go running around the ranch. She didn't want to bother the maids with such injuries because once the maids discovered her injuries, they would always inform her uncle and the latter would subject her to a lot of sermons. The maids would only call the doctor when she had become too sick to get out of her bed.

 

 

 

 

 

            When Jinwoo slid his robe to expose his injured back, She grimaced. He had a long, deep cut and several darkening bruises. Jaejoong's face turned serious.

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter