CHAPTER 35

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


           

 

           

 

 

            The following days became like a honeymoon between Sandara and Jaejoong. They rarely left their room, and Mr. Cha would simply leave their food outside the door.

 

 

 

            Jaejoong tried to start Sandara's training again. But their mock fights often ended in lovemaking sessions. They couldn't get enough of each other.

 

 

 

            "Don't worry," she whispered in Jaejoong's ears as they lay on the grass, "I remembered all of your lectures. To defeat a stronger enemy, I must hit their ears, their eyes," she kissed his eyelids, "and then the groin."

 

 

 

            "It's not enough that you remember how to fight. You also need to train your body so when you are suddenly confronted with danger, you don't need to think, your training would simply take over. And you will always be in danger as long as you are with me."

 

 

 

            "My body is already reacting automatically these days, I don't have to think anymore," she continued teasing him.

 

 

 

            Jaejoong took on a serious look.

 

 

 

            "This is not a joke, Sandara!"

 

 

 

            "I am doing everything you are teaching me. If you want to blame somebody why I never get to finish my training and we always end up doing horizontal exercises, you should blame yourself, Jaejoong!"

 

 

 

            "It's automatic response!" he retorted.

 

 

 

            She giggled.

 

 

 

            "I love you," she murmured before planting a kiss on his lips.

 

 

 

            "The only solution I could think of is to get you instructors," Jaejoong said after their lips parted.

 

 

 

            "Instructors? Are you going to hire male fight instructors for me? Aren't you worried I might fall for them?"

 

 

 

            "With the kind of life I have, I can't always be by your side. And I can't take you with me because you would just be in danger. One of these days, you would get to meet other men. Some would even fall in love with you. And if you find yourself falling in love with one of these guys, just have the decency to tell me so I could get this ring off my finger and properly end our relationship."

 

 

 

            "I am not going to fall in love with any man!" Sandara insisted. "You are the only man I will ever love, Jaejoong!" she swore.

 

 

 

            Jaejoong remained quiet. But it was clear on the expression on his face that he didn't believe her words. He was really expecting her to become unfaithful once he was out of sight!

 

 

 

            "I'll ask Mr. Cha to find you several fight instructors. It would also do you some good if you go to school again. You will get bored here once I'm gone."

 

 

 

            "When are you leaving?" Sandara felt despondent.

 

 

 

            "In two weeks. I need to check some possible clients."

 

 

 

            "Be careful."

 

 

 

            "You should also prepare yourself for the possibility that I might not come back, Sandara."

 

 

 

            "I know." She looked down. "And I will train myself to be a much better fighter so I could come with you and help you."

 

 

 

            "You don't have to do what I do, Sandara."

 

 

 

            "I have no intention of doing that! In fact, I want to stop you from killing. There must be another way to punish the guilty and prevent them from harming others!"

 

 

 

            "If you could find a way to do that, then tell me. But as long as there's no other way, you can't make me stop, Sandara. This is what I am. Don't try to change me. The moment my father died, and I began avenging him, I have come to accept his kind of life. I will not stop doing this," he said.

 

 

 

            "I won't change you. I have long since accepted who and what you are, Jaejoong."

 

 

 

            "Men like me don't live very long."

 

 

 

            "I don't care! And stop scaring me!" she castigated him. "I won't let you go."

 

 

 

            "You need to become independent, Sandara. Stronger than you have ever been. You should start going to school. Learning everything you need to know."

 

 

 

            "You are changing the topic."

 

 

 

            "Yes, because I don't want us arguing."

 

 

 

            "Okay. If you want to talk about my going to school, any suggestion on what course I should take?"

 

 

 

            "You should learn how to drive."

 

 

 

            "Mr. Cha is already teaching me that."

 

 

 

            "He can't teach you once we leave. Enroll yourself in a driving school. It would also be good for you to start learning some computer courses."

 

 

 

            "I had a computer in the ranch, and I already know how to use one."

 

 

 

            "That's just basic, Sandara. When I say you should learn computer courses, I meant courses that would train you how to repair your computer. You must learn how to fix any problem in your computer. Whether it has something to do with the software or with the hardware."

 

 

 

            "How about cooking lessons? So I could cook for you."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter