CHAPTER 3

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            The racehorses bought by Uncle Minsik arrived before the latter and his guests appeared on the ranch. So-dam was in her bedroom when the horses arrived and since she could see from her window the horses being led to the stable, she became so excited. The horses looked strong and beautiful! These must run like the wind and if she could ride them, that experience could be akin to flying on air! She couldn't see though how many were stallions and mares. She couldn't help but admire the gleaming coats and the easy strides of each of the horses parading before her. She wanted to ride one of them or all of them before her uncle arrived. These horses were worth a lot and she suspected her uncle wouldn't let her take even one of them for a morning run.

 

 

 

 

            Aside from the horses, she also found her eyes continually following the new horse trainer's movements. Bong Pil remained a handsome devil. But never once did he turn his head toward the direction of the bedroom. It seemed he was totally unaware of her and his attention was only on the horses.

 

 

 

 

            She wanted to see both the racehorses and the horse trainer in close proximity. But every time she remembered Bong Pil's behavior, she felt both embarrassed and irritated.

 

 

 

 

            She knew it would be so awkward if ever she and Bong Pil met again. And she might not be able to stop herself from admiring his face and body. Could she have developed a crush on him? This physical admiration could never be called love. She barely knew the man. And despite being attracted to his physical appearance, So-dam was also one hundred percent annoyed at his attitude!

 

 

 

 

            Whatever she was feeling for the horse trainer wasn't important. She was still determined to teach him a lesson. Although she was technically a prisoner in this ranch, all the workers and staff still treated her with respect. Even the stern Shin Sung-rok who was the head of the ranch security had never talked to her the way Bong Pil did.

 

 

 

 

            Before she escaped this ranch, she would first make sure to make Bong Pil understand that she was his boss. She would teach him a lesson so he would never again disrespect and even embarrass her! Her jaws clenched. Maybe she should start those lessons today.

 

 

 

 

            She walked out of the house and proceeded to the stable.

 

 

 

 

            Her heart was beating so fast due to the excitement of seeing the thoroughbreds as well as in confronting Bong Pil, she was almost out of breath when she stepped inside the stable. Her nervousness faded upon seeing the thoroughbreds up close. A wide smile appeared on her face. They looked even more beautiful up close! As if they were the kings and queens of horses! Each of the six horses was much larger than Mochi and the other two old horses in the stable. Power seemed to emanate from these new horses.

 

 

 

 

            Even their coats and manes shone with regal dignity. She carefully approached a chestnut brown thoroughbred with a patch of silver hair on the forehead. This one was still tethered to a pole and hadn't been put on a stall. She began caressing the horse's back. The horse nodded in contentment. She giggled. She really did have a way with horses. Even these majestic horses liked her immediately!

 

 

 

 

            "If you are planning to ride him, I am afraid that is out of the question, Miss So-dam," said a familiar voice behind her. "All of these race horses are not for your enjoyment."

 

 

 

 

            She continued caressing the horse.

 

 

 

 

            "You have no right to tell me what I can and cannot do," she barked at him. She continued admiring the horse. She didn't want to face Bong Pil and get distracted again by his dark eyes.

 

 

 

 

            "I am the one responsible for these horses. And I decide what they can and can't do. You can't force me to let you ride one of them."

 

 

 

 

            Gritting her teeth, she turned and faced the horse trainer. She shot him an angry look.

 

 

 

            "I am not afraid of you, Bong Pil. And if you plan on repeating what you did to me before, you will regret it!" she warned. "I will tell Sung-rok about your rude behavior, and he would instantly give you a whipping!"

 

 

 

 

            Bong Pil's left eyebrow rose.

 

 

 

 

            "Are you telling me that Sung-rok really whips people?"

 

 

 

 

      

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter