CHAPTER 16

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            Tomorrow would be Sunday. Jaejoong and Mr. Cha would be leaving the country tomorrow. And once those two had left, So-dam would never see them again. But the papers and documents she needed to start a new life were already in her possession. Even the two hundred million won deposited in her bank account was hers to use whenever she needed it.

 

 

 

 

 

            So-dam should be happy. She no longer had to worry about looking behind her back for the presence of a dangerous man like Jaejoong. But she also realized that the fear she initially felt when she discovered Jaejoong's real job was gone. It was just a first reaction. Mr. Cha's words and story made her compare Jaejoong's job to that of the police. He was in a way like a policeman going after bad guys. But unlike the police whose actions were sanctioned by law, Jaejoong worked outside the law. He was a vigilante who dispensed justice to the guilty. She knew that what Jaejoong was doing was against the law, but she couldn't call that evil...

 

 

 

 

 

            She was suddenly confounded. Had her moral compass suddenly changed? When she was still living in the ranch, she knew who and what was good or evil. She could easily distinguish which were white and black. But now that she was in the real world, nothing seemed exactly good or evil. Everything sort of became grey. And Kim Jaejoong was a perfect example of someone having a grey color. He wasn't evil nor was he a good person.

 

 

 

 

 

            So-dam didn't know what she felt for such a man. But since she ran away from him, he had continued to occupy her mind every minute of the day. He even intruded into her dreams!

 

 

 

 

 

            "Are you thinking about him again?" asked Jinwoo's voice. "You have stopped eating your breakfast."

 

 

 

 

 

            She was startled. She realized she had been looking at her plate of food for a while now. She raised her eyes and looked at Jinwoo. He was wearing his hospital uniform. Today was the day he was going back to his work since he went on leave to allow his wounds to heal.

 

 

 

 

 

            She had been living in Jinwoo’s condo for three days. On the night that Mr. Cha had brought her, Mr. Cha's explanation about her wanting to stay with Jinwoo for a while was simple.

 

 

 

 

 

            "She and Jaejoong had a disagreement. If you wouldn't mind, please take care of So-dam for a while until both of them had calmed down. I don't want them fighting and destroying the appliances in the hotel. I will just bring her things here."

 

 

 

 

 

            Jinwoo took So-dam in and accepted Mr. Cha's explanation. Jinwoo didn't ask any more questions and allowed her the space she needed. She knew that Jinwoo was doing this in return for her and Jaejoong's saving his life.

 

 

 

 

 

            So-dam decided to change the topic of conversation.

 

 

 

 

 

            "Are you sure you should be going back to work? Some of your injuries haven't healed yet. You should still be resting. There must be a lot of doctors in the hospital who could do your job."

 

 

 

 

            Jinwoo smiled.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter