CHAPTER 27

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 


           

           

 

 

            Sandara finally got to talk to Hyori after the wedding ceremony. She brought the twins and Hyori to her room where they could speak in private. The prince had allowed Sandara to do this because the twins according to the laws of the land were now her property. Despite this, Sandara noticed that the guards assigned in the hallway going to her room had been doubled. The prince may have allowed Jennie and Jisoo to be married to her or rather to Kim Jaejoong but it seemed the prince was still planning to get his hands on the twins.

 

 

 

 

            After the door had closed, Sandara found herself being hugged by Hyori. She grimaced when Hyori's arm brushed against her wound.

 

 

 

 

            "What's wrong?" she asked. Her eyes widened when she noticed the blood on Sandara's sleeve. "Oh God! What happened to you, Sandara?"

 

 

 

 

            "It seemed Mr. Wolf brought two kinds of horsewhip. One for his horse, and one for me. He hit my left shoulder with the barbed horsewhip."

 

 

 

 

            "Let me see!" Hyori insisted. She gasped when she saw the three deep scratches running from her shoulder to her upper arm.

 

 

 

 

            "These must be properly cleaned and bandaged! Why didn't the doctor on standby do something on these injuries?"

 

 

 

 

            "I refused," explained Sandara. "These long sleeves protect my identity. They would immediately know that my smooth arm is not the arm of a man. I also didn't take the painkillers he offered since it could be poison. The prince had allowed the girls to marry Kim Jaejoong, but it would be so easy for him to turn them into instant widows if I suddenly died."

 

 

 

 

            "Could that really happen?" Jisoo asked in fear.

 

 

 

 

            "The prince is an evil man, and he would never let us go with Mama!" said Jennie.

 

 

 

 

            "We need to leave the palace tonight, Hyori. Although I agreed to take the prince's offer of staying here for a few more days, that was just a ruse so he wouldn't have me killed right away. My winning the competition was a death sentence for me. I humiliated him in front of his people, and he is not the kind of man who would just let that go. He would never forgive me for what I did to his champion."

 

 

 

 

            "What did you do to Mr. Wolf? He hasn't shown himself yet," inquired Hyori.

 

 

 

 

            Sandara chuckled.

 

 

 

            "I kept hitting him with stones until he fell off his horse. Then I threatened to kill him if he wouldn't give up. I guess, I was able to frighten him since he ran away from me as fast as he could limp. The prince's men must be hunting for him right now."

 

 

 

            Hyori smiled

 

 

 

 

            "Jaejoong has taught you well."

 

 

 

 

            Sandara decided to remain silent. Jaejoong still had a lot of things to teach her. And he needed to answer a lot of questions from her once she saw him again!

 

 

 

 

            "We need to leave this place now," she said, changing the subject.

 

 

 

 

            "We are ready!" said the twins simultaneously.

 

 

 

 

            "Hyori, prepare your gun, we may need to use it once the guards notice we are leaving the palace."

 

 

 

 

            "We need to get to the garage first and get a car," said Hyori.

 

 

 

 

            "Don't we need to find the car keys first, Mama?" asked Jisoo.

 

 

 

 

            Hyori smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

            "Girls, your mother can start any car she wants without using a key!"

 

 

 

            Hyori walked toward the door. But before she could open it, two uniformed guards entered.

 

 

 

 

            "You all, come with us!" ordered a tall man using broken English.

 

 

 

 

 

            "Yoochun, you are scaring the girls," said the second guard reprimanding the first guard.

 

 

 

 

            Sandara's eyes widened! Despite the palace guard uniform, beard and long hair, she instantly recognized the second guard as Kim Jaejoong!

 

 

 

 

            "Jaejoong!" blurted Hyori.

 

 

 

            "Sorry for being late," Jaejoong flashed a wide grin.

 

 

 

 

            Hyori rushed toward Jaejoong and gave him a tight hug. She began sobbing in relief.

 

 

 

 

            "C'mon, woman!" teased Jaejoong, "this is not some movie where we still have time for such drama. We need to get you all out of here!"

 

 

 

 

            Jaejoong's eyes turned to Sandara. He frowned upon seeing her get up. But he didn't say a word.

 

 

 

 

            Hyori composed herself and took a deep breath.

 

 

 

            "I am ready to leave now, Jaejoong," she said.

 

 

 

 

            Jaejoong and Yoochun led their group out of the palace. When asked, Yoochun had a ready answer. The prince had asked them to take the group to his office. With that answer, no one dared to stop them.

 

 

 

 

            They were able to leave the palace without any trouble. An SUV was waiting for them outside. The people celebrating in the streets ignored them since they were busy drinking and eating the free food provided by the prince.

 

 

 

            Sandara and their group found themselves seated at the back of the SUV with Yoochun. Jaejoong sat himself on the passenger seat.

 

 

 

            It was clear the driver was also Jaejoong's friend.

 

 

 

            "Drive as fast as you can, Junsu," ordered Jaejoong, "don't stop until we have reached Dubai!"

 

 

 

      

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter