CHAPTER 19

SERVING UP TROUBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


        

 

 

           

 

 

            Montresuil-Sur-Mer, France

           

 

 

            The land Mr. Cha bought for Jaejoong in this part of France was 458 meters by 462 meters in size and near a protected forest. The place was quiet, isolated and offered complete privacy. It also couldn't be found on regular maps. Their nearest neighbor was located two miles away, and it would take thirty minutes to drive to town.

 

 

 

            Mr. Cha had a two-storey chateau built on the land. The chateau had a white and dark grey motif. The garage on the left was also painted with the same colors. Four large windows could be found on the first and second floor. Positioned between the four windows on the first floor was a large wooden oak door. A chimney jutted out on the left side of the roof while a hanging terrace was on the right side, in front of one of the windows.

 

 

 

            Whenever Jaejoong wanted to relax and escape the world of men, he would retreat to his chateau. Only a few people who he considered as friends knew about his private sanctuary.

 

 

 

            From the terrace of his chateau, Jaejoong watched Sandara ran around the large yard.

 

 

 

            "She's still like a child," commented Mr. Cha. Jaejoong turned and saw his friend carrying a tray with biscuits and a pitcher of cold juice.

 

 

 

            "A wild child," he retorted. "Maybe more like a jungle girl. So-dam seemed to be more at home among trees and plants than in the city."

 

 

 

            "Sandara," Mr. Cha corrected him. "Sandara is not a wild child, Jaejoong. She is just free spirited. If you want her to become a sophisticated lady, you should bring her to Madame Hyori. The madam could teach her how to become one. She could turn Sandara into one very classy woman in weeks." Mr. Cha carefully set the plate of biscuits and the pitcher of juice on the small table in front of Jaejoong.

 

 

 

            "She would just give Hyori a headache. Sandara is not like Nana. Nana is a kind and obedient girl. Sandara is her total opposite!"

 

 

 

            Mr. Cha chuckled. Jaejoong studied his friend and butler.

 

 

 

            "You have been treating Sandara like your daughter, Mr. Cha," he commented.

 

 

 

            "I know. Somehow, she reminds me of Elle. She is quite innocent."

 

 

 

            "What she did back in Korea was something innocent girls do not do. She asked me to kill her!"

 

 

 

            "Why didn't you kill her?"

 

 

 

            Jaejoong  glared at Mr. Cha.

 

 

 

            "What kind of a man do you think I am?"

 

 

 

            "I mean, killing her could have solved your problem. You wouldn't need to take her here and train her."

 

 

 

            "What are you really up to, Mr. Cha?" He cast a suspicious look at the grinning butler. "And don't even attempt to deny that you had nothing to do with Sandara being able to accept the truth about me. You said something to her. The woman I brought to Ma Dong-Seok's house became horrified and afraid of me after she realized what my job was. She looked at me like I was a monster. But the woman who went back to our hotel suite was no longer afraid of me. She even dared to blackmail me again!" he grumbled.

 

 

 

            "I didn't do or say anything to Sandara to change her mind regarding your personality, mon ami," insisted Mr. Cha. Jaejoong didn't believe a word. "But if you are going to ask me my personal opinion as to why her perspective of you changed from that of being a monster to be feared to that of a man simply dispensing justice, maybe it was because she had begun to understand and accept who you truly are."

 

 

 

            "You are talking a lot of nonsense!" he snapped.

 

 

 

            "Jaejoong, she challenged you. She put her life in your hands when she came to our hotel suite. She even asked you to kill her so she could no longer become a witness against you. By your actions and words, you showed her that she had nothing to fear from you. And that the only one's in danger from you are the criminals and evil people. If there was anyone who changed her mind and who convinced her that despite the kind of job you do, deep inside you are still a good person, that's you, Jaejoong. Not me."

 

 

 

            "Damn! Crazy girl!" blurted Jaejoong.

 

 

 

            "She's just different. She is unlike any of the other women we have met. And I don't think we would ever see a woman like her again. She's unique and extraordinary. If you ask me, I think‑"

 

 

 

            "I am not interested to hear what you think."

 

 

 

            "Are you sure you no longer find her attractive?"

 

 

 

            "No. Got over that."

 

 

 

            "Are you really going to train her?"

 

 

 

            Jaejoong sighed and nodded.

 

 

 

            "It seems to be the only way to get rid of her."

 

 

 

            "Do you really want to get rid of her?"

 

 

 

            "What are you trying to say?"

 

 

 

            "It wouldn't be terrible if you get yourself a partner. Batman has a Robin."

 

 

 

            "You are my Robin."

 

 

 

            "Excusez-moi, I'm just a butler. I am good at gathering information. But when it comes to rushing toward danger or fighting hand to hand, I am completely unsuited." Mr. Cha pursed his lips toward Sandara. The woman had already reached the small hill near the protected forest. "She, on the other hand could be your sidekick. She's fearless and adventurous like you."

 

 

 

            "Stop acting like a matchmaker!" Jaejoong warned his butler.

 

 

 

            Mr. Cha tried to control his amusement. But Jaejoong could still see the laughter in the butler's eyes.

           

 
           

 

 

 

 

 

 

           

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            "This will be your bedroom," explained Miss Millie in her English accent. The housekeeper of Jaejoong's chateau used to live in London before s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter