Thirty-Three

FOR YOU I WOULD

Two months later…

“Are you sure about this hyung?” Jinyoung asked as Wonho hand him his lyrics.

“Of course…I’ve heard you sing before…you have great voice Jinyoung ah…” Wonho assured him.

The two were in Wonho’s personal studio discussing an upcoming collaboration for a song made for Jinyoung’s latest drama.

“But hyung…”

“No buts…you’re doing the featuring, end of discussion.”

“Hyung…” Jinyoung whined.

“Nope! I’ve made my mind…the director and writers already gave me the green light with the demo and when I suggested that you’re taking part with the song, they agreed.”

“But…”

“It’s just one song and it’s not the main track…c’mon Jinyoung, I know you want to…” Wonho said with a smile. “Please…”

“Fine…just because you asked me nicely…” Jinyoung gave in.

“Yes! We’ll start the recording next week…”

“Cool…”

Someone walked into the studio.

“I brought lunch…”

Two pairs of eyes went towards the voice.

“Hey baby…” Wonho smiled as he got up and hurried to the door.

“Jimin ah…”

“Jinyoung hyung…” Jimin said looking at Jinyoung.

“So…you two are official now?” Jinyoung raised his eyebrows.

“Yup…” Wonho leaned over and kissed Jimin on the lips. “He can’t resist my charms…right baby?”

“No…I’m tired of your cheesy pickup lines…” Jimin pushed Wonho’s chest lightly.

“I thought you like my pickup lines…” Wonho pouted.

“A little too much I guess…” Jimin pinched Wonho’s cheek. “Care to join us hyung?” he looked at Jinyoung.

“It’s okay…I have lunch meet with my mom…” Jinyoung glanced at his watch. “I gotta go…don’t want to be late otherwise she will nag my ears to bleed…have fun you two…”

20 minutes later…

Jinyoung just got out of his car when he saw Mark walking up to the entrance of the restaurant.

“Babe?” Mark was clearly surprised seeing Jinyoung there.

"What are you doing here?” Jinyoung asked.

“I was about to ask you the same thing…my mom wanted to have lunch together…” Mark said.

“Mine too…”

The two of them looked at each other.

“Are they…”

They both walked inside and the host ushered them to their private dining room. When they opened the door, their mothers and Mark’s dad was at the table chatting away.

“There they are…” Mrs. Tuan said. “Why are you two standing at the door? Come in…”

“Mom…” Mark looked at his mother. “You said we’re gonna have lunch together…”

“Yeah…but I forgot to tell you that Jinyoung’s mom is joining us…”

“Mom…”

“Let just sit down and eat…I know you’re starving…” Mrs. Park said, signaling the waitress to take their orders.

There’s still awkwardness between Mark, Jinyoung and Mark’s father but other than that, the lunch was pleasant.

“So Jinyoung, how’s the filming of the new drama? I heard positive rave about it…” Mrs. Tuan said.

“It’s good, it’s kinda different since I’m playing the villain in it…I’m just glad the general public loves it…” Jinyoung answered.

“That’s great…just so you know, I never miss an episode.”

“Me too…” Mrs. Park added. “How long the filming will last anyway? It’s only the 4 episode shown on TV right now.”

“We still got around a month left since it’s gonna be 16 episode drama…and don’t ask for spoilers…my director will kill me…” Jinyoung laughed.

“I tried asking but he wouldn’t budge…” Mark nudged Jinyoung’s shoulder.

“You know me…this lips are sealed. Thank you for the coffee truck omonim…the staff loves it…”

“Coffee truck? What coffee truck?” Mrs. Tuan looked at him.

“Um…didn’t you send me a coffee truck yesterday at my filming site? I wanted to thank you personally but it slipped my mind…”

“I didn’t send any coffee truck…” the older lady frowned.

“Mom?” Jinyoung’s gaze turned to his mother but she just shook her head saying it wasn’t her.

“Raymond?” Mrs. Tuan stared at her husband with raised eyebrows.

“I thought it would be nice since it’s getting hotter where he's filming…” Mr. Tuan said, avoiding everyone’s gaze while sipping his water.

Jinyoung smiled.

“Thank you abonim…I really appreciate it…”

Mark reached for Jinyoung’s hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

“It’s just a coffee truck…no big deal…glad that everyone likes it…”

Later that day…TY Music…CEO office…

“I heard from Jaehyung that you’re doing the OST…” Taecyeon said, looking at Jinyoung in front of him.

“Wonho hyung wanted me to do it…he already got green light from the directors and writers with the demo…recording is next week…”Jinyoung said walking up to the glass wall staring at the view outside.

“How’s your shoulder?”

“Good…I went to the doctor the other day and it’s completely healed…I can even do my own stunts in the drama.”

“If it’s too hard please use a double…I’ve had enough getting chewed by your fans online…” Taecyeon shook his head.

“They’re just protective of me hyung…” Jinyoung chuckled.

A knock on the door and Taecyeon’s secretary walked in.

“Good you’re here Jinyoung ah…there’s something you need to see…” she said giving Jinyoung a tablet PC. “It’s already exploded online right now…you’re one of the top searches on Naver…”

Jinyoung eyes darted to the screen and a series of pictures of him, Mark and their family during lunch that afternoon.

IN LAWS MEETINGS?

IS WEDDING BELLS GETTING NEAR?

THE PARENTS APPROVED

TOP STAR GETTING MARRIED

“Oh god…” Jinyoung sighed. “It’s just lunch between us…we didn’t even say anything…”

“Are you sure?” Taecyeon asked.

“Yes hyung…my mom asked me out to lunch and it turned out she was invited by Mark’s parents…this is blowing out of proportions…”

“Well, that’s not how the public see it…so, what do you want to do? Should I call for press conference?”

“It’s okay hyung…this will fade away sooner or later…”

“Or you could make it come true…” Eunjung said, smiling.

Jinyoung looked at her.

“Noona…”

“Hey, I’m just saying…you two are great together…he’s the best guy for you…now that your families finally coming to terms with your relationship…don’t you think it’s time to take it to the next level?”

Eunjung’s word got Jinyoung thinking. He and Mark have been through a lot together…good, bad and everything in between. He always dreamed of calling Mark his husband and to tell the truth he was ready…for a while now.

“But what about my schedule?”

“Let’s take it one step at a time okay buddy?” Taecyeon patted Jinyoung’s back.

“Okay…noona, I need the number best jewelry house in the city…and make it as private as you can…”

“Done! Congrats baby boy!” Eunjung hugged him.

“Thanks noona…”

Meanwhile…

“Looks like you and Jinyoung topped Naver search again…” Kihyun said as he and Mark walked into Mark’s office.

“What now?”

“Seems like everyone was talking about your lunch date with Jinyoung, his mom and your parents.”

“Really?” Mark stared at Kihyun.

“Yeah…they said that it’s the in laws meeting…” Kihyun laughed.

“Well…they’re not wrong though…”

“For real?”

“Yeah…I’m gonna marry Jinyoung one day and we’re in laws…”

“Have you proposed to him?” Kihyun sat in front of Mark.

“Not yet…but I’m thinking when he finishes with his drama filming…”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah…it’s about time…I know he’s the one…just waiting for the right time to seal the deal…”

“I’m happy for you man…”

“What about you and Minhyuk? You two been together longer than Jinyoung and I did…”

“Soon…it felt weird now that I have my own office…I’m so used being your assistant…”

“I know…me too actually…