Doom Dara

That Day in Spring

 

 

By the time the short hand struck ten, Dara was absolutely smashed. With the girls goading her into submission, she had bravely, albeit not very brightly, fought for her right to profess her feelings for Jiyong whenever and wherever she deemed was perfect. This meant gulping six cups of what CL dubbed as the 'tonic of truth,' which oddly tasted of fruit punch with a kick of vodka. The concoction wouldn't have affected anyone who's used to drinking, but for Dara who needed a pill to stay coherent, it was akin to the kiss of death.

 

The alcohol didn't just help her loosen up. It also brought her dorkiness to a whole new level. After losing to Bom in the immortal game of Rock Paper Scissors, the penalty was to sing and dance to T.O.P's Doom Dada—Fantastic Baby was completely vetoed by CL, much to Bom's chagrin. They helped Dara change into a dress with a huge white bow to resemble the one used in Seunghyun's music video. It might've been a little too short and showed more skin than what was considered modest, but since she was drunk as a skunk, she no longer paid any mind to propriety. Bom styled her hair so that it fell to her shoulders in waves. With the natural blush brought by intoxication, Dara looked quite the vixen.

 

"Okay, unnie! In three, two, one—action!"

 

Dara started rapping, her voice insanely low to mimick TOP's. "Long time no see, long time no see. Long time no see long long time no see. Doom DARA, divi DARA doom DARA divi DARA Doom DARA divi DARA doom!! Haenjiiiiin!!"

 

"Do the hand wave! Hypnotize the crowd with those fingers! That's it! Wooohoo jalhanda, Dara-ya!!" Bom cheered in the background. "Jalhanda!"

 

"HAHAHAHA!! This is so lit! Wait I'll send this to Tabi. He's so going to flip out!"

 

 

TOP's POV

 

Ah, . I'm totally spent.

 

It's already eleven and I'm smoking in the veranda of YB's apartment, staring aimlessly into the nightsky. The rest of the group were playing cards with a few of our friends who just flew in from Japan. Seungri's boisterous laugh resonated throughout the living room. The idiot must've won another game again. I put back the lit cigarette between my lips, letting my mouth form an 'O' before blowing it into perfect smoke rings. It was a handy trick, particularly useful when I'm bored. Jiyong would've joined me if he weren't so busy being the hospitable ex-boyfriend who should've known better.

 

I turned my head and spotted our leader leaning back on the kitchen counter, a half-empty wineglass on his hand. Kiko was perched beside him, her long legs casually bumping with Ji's arm. She whispered something in his ear and he chuckled. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Relationships were never my thing. It's a whole lot of commitment that quite frankly, I have no time for. Look at those two for example. Theirs started with a one night stand. Jiyong's no saint and neither am I, but the hell would he expect them to go steady when the major kick off for whatever they had was pure unadulterated ing?

 

I mean, seriously. Brother needed to see that.

 

Not that I was going to do anything about it. Jiyong was a grown man which means he needed to fight his own battles. Make his own mistakes. And when all goes to and he's beaten down, I'm going to be there handing him a beer and a pat on the back. Though I was hoping he'd get it right this time. I'm no love expert, certainly not ing Cupid, but I thought he was hitting it off nicely with that cute assistant of his.

 

Park Sandara. Odd name. Even more odd in person. There's just something about her that makes it awkward. Or maybe it's me. A week ago I just came from a recording session when my stomach started rumbling. I headed down to the cafeteria and got myself lunch. I was about to enter one of the cubicles when Dara, also carrying a tray of her own stopped before the same door. She looked at me and we probably stared at each other for a solid two minutes, trying to decipher who should get dibs on the room.

 

"Tabi..." She finally spoke. "Do you want to eat together?"

 

It's not like I could tell her 'uh no thanks, I don't like eating with other people.' Besides, she didn't give me a choice. She grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. I was too weirded out with our current predicament, but since I was hungry, I ignored her and devoured my lunch. When I swallowed the last of it, she slid a small plate filled with rabbit shaped pears toward me. "You like pears right?"

 

I don't even know how the she knew that. But the pears looked good. And they were rabbit shaped. Free food is still food so I thanked her and finished it all. Dara had a peculiar side, yes. But she's also loyal and it was apparent how great she was in taking care of the people around her, especially Jiyong. I never told him this, but I kinda envy him for it. Must be nice to have someone dote over you like that.

 

I was taking a swig from my beer when my phone beeped. It was a message from CL. Strange. She doesn't usually text me.

 

CL: Oppa, I suggest you sit down

CL: are you sitting down??!

 

I in a smoke and typed Yes.

 

CL: Are u sure??

TOP: u want proof?

 

I sent her a selfie.

 

CL: ur not drunk r u?

TOP: I'm still able to text u aren't I?

CL: great. coz I need u sober. U ready??

TOP: I was born ready

CL: HAHAHA Good one. Okay, here it is! Enjooooy~

 

The surprise turned out to be a recorded video of Dara who looked like she was three sheets to the wind as she jammed to my Doom Dada song. It was like listening to a baby seal choking in its own saliva. What the was she even wearing? And was that a fake moustache?? I could hear Bom and CL laughing their asses off in the background. As she was nearing the chorus, Dara did an impromptu twirl, but her foot got caught in the sheets and she tumbled in a heap on the floor. To make things worse, her dress flipped over and I got an eyeful of her spongebob shorts. "T.O.P. make some noiiiiise!!" She screamed and the video ended.

 

I couldn't help it. I exploded with laughter. This was by far, the greatest thing I've seen today. The image of Dara's spongebob underwear will forever be ingrained in my brain. Kekeke. Ah , my sides are splitting. 

 

"Hyung?"

 

I whirled around, still sniggering. Jiyong was standing by the door, hands on his pockets. He looked like he had something to say, but didn't know where to begin. His eyes dropped to the phone I was holding. "Um, I was just wondering..." He ran his fingers through his hair. "Was that—I mean, I know it's kind of unlikely, but were you talking to Dara? I just...I thought I heard her voice."

 

Ooooh. Do my ears deceive me or has the green eyed monster paid a visit? Those who have known Jiyong for a long time knows how possessive he gets. Be it with things or people, he has severe issues with parting from what he liked and often regarded them in a proprietorial way. I discarded the cigarette and put my phone on the back pocket of my jeans. 

 

"You're right. That's highly unlikely..." I clapped him on the back as I passed. "But not impossible." I shot him a smirk. Let's see what he makes of that. Heh.

 

Looks like things just got a whole lot interesting.