The Boss

That Day in Spring

 

 

GD's POV

 

The mechanic droned on about the extent of the damage and something about how the parts were hard to come by since they're mostly custom made, but I was only half-listening. My attention was on Dara sitting dejectedly on the plastic chair at the corner of the auto shop. Her bright yellow poncho dripping on the floor. She looked so much like a drenched puppy. Aigoo. My poor little tokki.

 

This was all the driver's fault! I glared at his back. Or specifically, Hyun-Suk hyung's sidekick's back. I fought him tooth and nail with this, but sajangnim's words were a done deal. 

 

'I need to make sure the issue is contained.'

 

'Come on, hyung. Don't be paranoid," I muttered in a bored voice earlier. Tae Hee informed me after the photoshoot that sajangnim requests my presence. When I'm usually summoned, there's bound to be one reason and one reason alone. So when I saw the headline for today, it no longer came as a surprise. "I was with the rest of the members when we had dinner with Kiko. It's not like we went on a date.' As if.

 

'That's not what the paper says.'

 

'Media's all bull.'

 

'Be that as it may, we need to take precaution. The press are already camped outside as we speak. I'm assigning another driver to you. Dong-gil and the rest will serve as a decoy.'

 

I crossed my arms and pouted. 'This is a waste of time.'

 

'Don't fight me on this, Jiyong. You're following the plan. End of discussion.'

 

True to his word, the driver was already standing outside the door when I came out. No exhange of greetings, no friendly hellos. He ushered me to my car, my own personal staff nowhere to be seen. 'Where's my manager?' I asked him. He merely looked at me from the rearview mirror and went, 'I'm just following orders, Mr. Kwon.'

 

Following orders, my .

 

"How long will it take to finish it?" I wanted to get out of here. Dara must be freezing. 

 

The mechanic scratched his head. "It depends. If we order the parts now, we can probably have it delivered in a week. Though I have to tell you, it'll be quite expensive if you want it rushed."

 

I nodded. The price didn't matter. I took my wallet out, ready to hand him my card when Dara touched my arm. I didn't even noticed her approach. I looked at her questioningly. She faced the mechanic. "How much will everything cost?" she squeaked.

 

"With the parts and service fee, hmmm..." he scratched his head, "...about 5000 dollars."

 

She gasped in surprise, her nails digging into my skin. Ow. "Five thousand dollars—that's roughly...five million won!!" Her chest heaved as she started to hyperventilate. I asked the staff in-charge to leave us for a moment. He looked more than happy to get away from the girl whose about to have a nervous breakdown.

 

As soon as the door closed, I reached out to stop Dara from self-destructing. "Santokki, calm down." I held her by the shoulder. "It's fine. You don't have to—"

 

"Ani." She shook her head. Wild curls flying. "A-Aniyo. Of course, I'll pay you." She bit her lower lip. Hesitating. "Um...do you accept installments?" I was about to tell her to forget it when she suddenly exclaimed, "Music assistant!" Her index finger pointed at my face.

 

What the was she talking about?

 

"I'll work as your music assistant in order to pay for the damage I've caused. Yes! That's it!" Her eyes filled with determination. She was looking expectantly at me.

 

My brows furrowed. "Music assistant?"

 

"Yep!" She was now clapping her hands in excitement. "You told me you needed one!"

 

Um, I did?? When? I asked her that.

 

"Back in Itaewon, silly! You asked for my help with your songs."

 

Oh. Thaaat one. I burst into laughter. 

 

"Wae?" Dara scowled. She's probably thinking I'm making fun of her. Aigoo. What a cutie.

 

"There's no such thing as music assistant," I said with a chuckle. "I made it all up."

 

"Aiiish, I knew it," she mumbled under her breath. I found myself smirking. She was clearly running over possible ways to pay me back. An idea suddenly formed in my head. 

 

"I have a proposition," I blurt out before I can even finish the thought. Dara finally snapped out of her reverie. "You can earn and pay me a lot faster if you agree to it."

 

She stared with brooding eyes. "What is it?"

 

"Well..." I started. God, I hope this works. I can just imagine how fun it's going to be. "If you're up to it, you can be my personal assistant. I'm a busy man so I rarely have time to do other menial stuff like doing chores around the house. I also tend to forget things—"

 

"Call," she answered. 

 

"—and when..." I blinked. "You want the job?"

 

"Neh." Hand fingers splayed out before her. "I can cook, wash dishes," she bent a finger for each task, "do groceries, watch over animals if you have one. I can even carry stuff twice my own weight! I'll be very useful," she promised.

 

Well, what do you know. Kekeke I mean, I've always shut down any notion of obtaining a PA since it feels like an open invitation to invade my privacy. But if it's going to be her...I guess it's worth a shot. Besides, I need a distraction. And Dara would be the perfect candidate. Except, I wouldn't make it easy. Gotta make her beg for it first. "Hmm...I don't know." I tapped my chin and lazily circled around her. "I do have a reputation for making my staff work harder than anyone. And you're too skinny. You might not be able to take it."

 

"I can take it!" She claimed, her brown eyes meeting mine. "Whatever you want me to do, I'll do it." She bit her lower lip again. I don't know how it happened, but seeing her like this, hair dripping wet, clothes clinging to her petite form and outlining her narrow waist...and that lip bite. Damn, that y lip bite. Was she even aware how provocative she looked? Of course she wasn't. If she were, she'd have known how it's making my blood rush down south right now. 

 

Control yourself, Ji. Not a good time to be . Well, maybe later. I cleared my throat.

 

"O-okay. If you insist, then."

 

"Jinjjayo? Jinjja?" She smiled widely. "I got the job?"

 

I can't help but smile back. "Neh, Santokki." I patted her head. "You got the job."

 

"Kamsahamnida!!" She jumped and hugged me. I laughed and hugged her back. "You won't regret it, I swear."

 

"I better not." She's squeezing me now. "Alright, let go ahjumma!! You're getting me wet!" And . I can feel her bra over my stomach. Huhu it's so soft. Not a moment too soon, she stepped back. 

 

"I promise I'll work extra hard, Jiyongie! I'll pay you back every last cent." She raised her fist and I automatically shielded my face. "Wae? I just wanted a fist bump." She blinked innocently. 

 

"Aigoo, stop scaring me ahjumma." I straightened and wagged my finger in front of her face. "I'm your boss now so don't do anything funny."

 

She rolled her eyes. "Neh, juinim."

 

"I like that. Okay! Call me juinim from now on."

 

"Eh?!"

 

I smirked and flicked her nose. "I say jump, you say how high, right?" She sneered. Ah, this was fun! Aigoo, so glad she destroyed my car. Best investment ever. I was walking toward the door so I can give the mechanic my instructions when I remembered something. I whirled around "Hey, how do I reach you? I mean, I need to make sure you won't run away."

 

Even if she did, I can always organize a man hunt for her. But that's already too much of a bother and quite frankly, Dara's not that kind of person. She has too much dignity in her. I can tell by the way she's throwing daggers at my direction. 

 

"You can call me, genius."

 

"Ah ah ah," I chastised her like a kid. "What did I say?"

 

She was trying so hard to control her anger it was downright hilarious. Her nostrils flared from the effort. "You can call me, juinim." Her smile was obviously fake. 

 

"But you don't have a phone."

 

She reached into her pocket and showed me that she had, after all this time, a phone. I marched toward her and snatched it from her hold. "You said you hated technology!"

 

"I don't hate it. I dislike it when people have it then don't use it properly."

 

Whatever. "Open it." She sent me a glare before doing what she was told. Password out of the way, I typed my number and saved it on her contacts. I handed it back to her. Then I ambled my way toward the door. "I'll call you to discuss the rules." I narrowed my eyes at her over my shoulder. "You better answer on the first ring or else." 

 

"Neh...juinim." She wanted to punch me I was sure of it. 

 

Ah, what a good day.

 

 

Dara's POV

 

"So..."

 

I looked up from the bowl of ramen I was vigorously attacking, my mouth full as I watched Bommie trace my name on the window pane. Jiyong insisted he have the scooter sent to my house. Naturally, I can't tell him the truth. Imagine how confused he would be if he found out I lived in a mansion. And so I gave her Bom's address instead. Which also surprised him because he didnt know I was friends with Bom. 

 

"When you said things were going to change, I imagined it to be something small like, maybe dyeing your hair red or getting a dog—"

 

I shot her a look. Bom knows I have a huge phobia to canines. It doesn't matter how big or small it is, I'd still be terrified.

 

"You're right. Maybe it's too early for that," she affirmed and stretched her legs on the couch across me. "What I'm saying is that, I didn't know you were serious about what you said. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that I get to see you around more often, I'm just worried about the consequences of your actions."

 

I laid my head on the table and sighed, totally exhausted with the mess I've unknowingly put myself into. I rallied her help so I could hear her suggestions, but so far, I'm here in my borrowed pajamas, head full of rolling clips and still no solution.

 

"Everything has been decided," I grumbled, tugging my bangs in a huff. "I'll act as his personal assistant until I pay him off. I did pitch in some of my own terms like, if he wants me to do extra work then I charge double. If he lets me work on weekends, tripled."

 

She hit me at the back of my head. "Ya, are you a hustler? How long do you even plan to do this?"

 

I buried my head under my arm, my reply coming out garbled. 

 

"What?"

 

"At least until his car's fixed."

 

CL clicked her tongue in pity. Oh yeah, CL's here too. Apparently she and Bom got close when Bommie moved to YG. CL's really cool. She looks scary in the outside, but she's really a gem. "I know I need to be the doting new friend and all, but let's get real for a second here, Dara unnie. Aside from the million of facts stored in that gigantic brain of yours, what do you really know about GD?"

 

I raised my chin. "Quite plenty, if you must ask."

 

"Oh really? Then can you name one hit song written by him?"

 

I tried racking my brain. Come to think of it, when was the last time I listened to the radio? Aigoo. I can't even remember. 

 

CL just chuckled at my blank expression. "You don't know anything, do you?"

 

"Whatever," I grumbled. "Everything can be learned. If I have to listen to his songs overnight, then so be it."

 

"Jesus," Bom muttered under her breath. "What you need is a miracle. And what's up with the whole assistnat thing? Do you have any idea how hard it was for me hearing you being bossed around by that lunatic? No offense, CL."

 

"None taken," she shrugged. "Jiyong oppa can be an sometimes."

 

More like all the time. I slurped the last of my noodles. "And that, my friend, is why I didn't tell you right away," I replied with my mouth full. "I knew you'd react this way. I figured bombarding you with my decision was the best way to go. And I was right."

 

She frowned. "I could've lent you the money. That way, you don't have to go through all that assistant whatever stuff. I could easily pull some strings to help you out."

 

"Now that's another reason why I kept it a secret. It's already bad enough that you're privy to what happened. Heojangnim should never find out about this, Bommie." I looked at her seriously. "Promise me you won't tell anyone and that you won't give me any special treatment when you see me."

 

"Okay, okay. I promise." She crossed her heart and swore. "You do know that being a personal assistant requires you to do menial things, right?"

 

"So?" I finished drinking my cola. Ahhhh. So refreshing. 

 

CL chuckled. "Are you sure you can take GD's killer charisma? I mean, he isn't known as Korea's heartbreaker for nothing."

 

I made a face. "I'm actually kind of disgusted that you'd think I can't handle myself in front of that self-absorbed walking sushi mix," I quipped, remembering that one time GD sported one of the worst hairstyles in history and still managed to get away with it. Yeah, I did my research. I leaned back on the carpet with a sigh. "Besides, I'm an 'assistant.' What kind of task could he possibly give me aside from filling his golden cup with more coffee?"

 

"Aigoo, Darong," Bom teased me with the nickname I hated and poked my cheek with her very long nail. "You really don't have any idea about GD's work ethics, do you? Chaerin-ah, show her."

 

She rolled on her stomach and reached out to type something on her laptop. She then motioned for me to come closer. I crawled my way to where she was, sitting on the floor with her on the couch. CL tilted the screen and showed me various videos of GD during concert preparations, dance practices and while he's recording at the studio. 

 

The jerk actually got some moves. Okay, fine. He's really good at dancing, I'll give him that.

 

"Kwon Ji Yong is a known perfectionist who never stops until he reaches his goals. I've never seen someone who has a strict discipline and passion for his craft more than him," CL explained to me with so much conviction you'd think she was talking about a national hero. I mean I get it, GD served as her mentor, but girl, she needed to tone the reverence a couple notches down. 

 

"Do you like him?" I blurted out without thinking. CL looked at me like I just started sprouting horns. "Okay, nevermind," I quickly backtracked, raising my hands in surrender.

 

"Like I was saying," she continued as if I never opened my mouth, "GD hates wasting time giving out instructions about something he needs when he can do it himself. Hence the non-existence of a personal assistant."

 

"You mean, I'm the first ever?"

 

She nodded. "That's why we got so shocked when you told us GD picked you to be just that. How did you manage to get close to him? Wait. You didn't...you know..." She leaned forward and wiggled her brows.

 

"Ya, I'm not like that!" 

 

Bom narrowed her eyes and nodded. "That's exactly how you sound like when you're trying to act innocent."

 

"That's because I am."

 

"Please," she scoffed. "Your nostrils flare when you lie." I was about to deny the allegation when she pointed to my face. "And there it is! Flared again."

 

I pounded her with a pillow and she just laughed, snatching it from my hold. 

 

"Fine, if you're not going to tell me, I'll assume the worst."

 

"Just a heads up though, if you did something to Jiyong oppa that he feels in any way, insulted his pride—which I have a strong feeling you did—then I suggest you prepare for some serious retaliation. He's known to get even, you know."

 

"Ya, why does it sound like you're trying to scare me off, Chaerin-ah?

 

She chuckled. "I'm not. I'm just telling you that GD is a force to be reckoned with."

 

"I can protect myself just fine," I coolly stated.

 

"Oh it's not you I'm worried about," Bom sent me a knowing look. "Just try to play nice, arasso?"

 

"I'm working on it. That man is quite a handful after all."

 

"Sounds like someone I know." She smiled cheekily and winked at me.

 

"Shut up," I spat, scowling at her.

 

"Anyway, how's the restaurant doing?" She asked, picking the strands of the carpet with her fingers absently.

 

"It's okay. The guys keep fighting as always. Sometimes, I feel like I'm living with a bunch of kids instead of grown adults." They both chuckled.

 

"You know what," CL yawned and stretched her arms. "I'm really tired. How about we stop all this talking and start putting on our sleeping masks, already?" Grabbing the brown paper bag, Bom shoved it toward me. "I'll have the chipmunk and you'll have the panda."

 

I scrunched up my nose and pouted. "Why do you always get the cute ones, Bommie?"

 

"Aigoo, this little baby. Fine, you have the chipmunk and I'll take the panda. Happy?"

 

I grinned and gave her a big thumbs up. We washed our faces and put on the masks, all the while throwing insults at each other and taking selcas of our weird faces. With the unwanted conversation totally forgotten, we finally crawled to Bom's cozy queen sized bed and took our well-deserved beauty rest.

 

Three hours later... 

 

*Krrrrriiiiiing*

 

"Daraaaaa..."

 

(incessant ringing continues....)

 

"Dara-yaaaaa.."

 

*kringkringkring*

 

"SANDARA PARK, ANSWER-THAT-DAMN-CALL-OR-I'M-GOING-TO-SMASH-YOUR-DAMN-PHONE!"

 

Aisssht. Bom is so noisy. I begrudgingly unearthed myself from the cocoon of blankets surrounding me and started fumbling for that annoying contraption on the nightstand. When my fingers finally found it, I brought the phone over my ear and answered the call.

 

"Yoboseyo?" I croaked, the lack of sleep apparent on my voice.

 

"Do you know what time it is?" A guy's voice piped up from the other line.

 

I groggily wiped the saliva from my mouth with the back of my hand. "Mino, don't you have a clock at home? Why are you asking me?"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

I rolled over the bed, tucking the phone between my ear and the pillow. "I know I promised, but can I take the morning shift next time? I'm really tired right now." 

 

"Ya, do you think you're funny?"

 

"I was actually voted class comedian in high school," I answered in an equally annoyed voice. Who the heck does this bastard think he is calling me at this ungodly hour? Does he have a death wish? At this point, I'd be happy to oblige to his request. 

 

I heard him sigh. "Listen well, Santokki. If I don't see you're ugly face in front of my door in twenty minutes, I will personally request that you be sent to prison," he threatened me in a very calm manner. "Your time starts now." 

 

Then the call disconnected. 

 

What the heck was that? What's with the rabbit pun? And what's with the thing about prisons?

 

I laid flat on my back, tiredly brushing my hair away from my face and blinking repeatedly to fight off the drowsiness I felt. Squinting my eyes, I held the phone at arm's length to check if it really was Mino who called.

 

The word Master Kwon with a dragon and cash emojis flashed on the screen. I bolted from the bed so fast I almost defied gravity. "Omo, omo omo!! Ottokae?!!"

 

I checked the time on my phone and quickly rushed slash tripped over myself on my way to the bathroom. The water was ice cold, but I painstakingly shrugged it off and finished taking a bath in record time.

 

I sprinted to Bom's closet and started grabbing the first clothes I see: a simple oversized sweatshirt paired with black trackpants and white trainers. It was emergency situations like this that made stashing clothes at the bottom of Bommie's wardrobe very useful. I didn't bother combing my hair and settled on tying it in a messy ponytail as I poked CL with my foot. 

 

"Chaerin-ah, wake up! I have to ask you something!"

 

She grumbled and slapped my foot away. I resorted to pulling the sheets off of her body. She curled up into a ball and immediately screamed for bloody murder, grabbing the end of the comforter like her life depended on it. 

 

"I promise to give this back as soon as you tell me where Jiyong's room is!" She continued to fight me for dominance over the blanket despite her being in a sleep-addled state. "Ya, Lee Chaerin!! I'm going to get fired at this rate. Please tell me where that bastard's room is so I can leave you in peace!!"

 

"Building C, block 2, eighth floor," she actually growled.

 

"What's the room number?" 

 

"I already told you!" She hissed, already anchoring her arm on the headboard and pulling on the cloth with all her might. 

 

"You didn't give me his room number!!"

 

"That's because it's the whole damn floor!" She yelled and successfully reclaimed her blanket, immediately burying herself under the covers as soon as I let go. 

 

My forehead creased. GD had a whole floor to himself? Daebak. Talk about having the VIP treatment. Tsk.

 

I thanked CL and made sure her fort of pillows were perfectly fluffed before getting my backpack and dashing out of her apartment in a hurry. It was still dark outside, not to mention cold to the point that my nose felt like falling off as soon as I reached the adjacent building where his highness was currently staying. I sniffed bitterly and trudged forward, cursing my legs for being utterly short as I took two steps of stairs at a time. I basically gave up when I reached the third, deciding it was best if I took the elevator instead. 

 

As I waited for the number overhead to reach eight, I pulled out my phone to check my schedule. I blew my bangs in frustration after seeing the flood of messages I got from the boys back at the restaurant. Aisssh. They really can't do anything without me. Aigoo. Looks like I had to find a way to sneak out from my slave duties soon. My head hurt just thinking about it. 

 

*Ding*

 

'Eighth floor. Doors opening.' The computer based operator's voice echoed in the silence. I returned my phone inside and zipped my bag up before going out. Breathing in deeply, I whistled a tune to psyche me up. Works every time. I then jogged toward Jiyong's front door and rang the bell twice. Chaerin wasn't kidding about the whole eighth floor thing. My eyes searched for any other doors and found none save for the one I'm looking at.

 

The wind from an open window ran up my spine and I shivered. Gosh, it's freezing. I instinctly brought my hand to my neck when I realized that I forgot my scarf in my hurry to leave Bom's apartment. I bitterly sniffed, rubbing my nose with the back of my hand and silently scolding myself for being forgetful. What's taking him so long? I decided to stand on my tiptoes, my hands pressed on the door to support myself as I tried peeking through the peephole.

 

The door suddenly flung open and I fell forward, my face smacking into something hard. 

 

"I know I'm irresistible, but could you at least try to keep your hands to yourself?"

 

I opened my eyes and realized that the hard surface underneath my cheek is actually Kwon Jiyong's chest and the poles I thought I was holding on for dear life turned out to be his arms. I slowly glanced up and met his death stare. 

 

"Anytime now, Santokki."

 

I immediately jumped back as if my hands were on fire, repeatedly apologizing for the inappropriate touching. He crossed his arms and stared at me with a deadpan expression. Jiyong was already dressed for the day, the black shirt he was wearing flattered his lean body, the tattered pants and leather belt adding the extra swag on his aura. He also had three silver hoops dangling from his right ear while only a cross earring adorned the other. The only thing that didn't fit with the whole rocker persona was the presence of the colorful band-aid at the side of his jaw.

 

I remembered that I did give him extra in case he needed it. His platinum hair was still dripping wet as he pulled the towel around his shoulder. 

 

I'd be lying if I didn't say he looked like he just came from, I don't know, a shampoo commercial perhaps? One might even say he's oozing with ual appeal. Not that I share the same opinion, of course. I mean, yuck.

 

"Well, are you just going to stand there?"

 

"Um..." I fidgeted, utterly clueless on what to do. 

 

He sighed and closed the door behind me, inadvertently trapping my body between his tattooed arms. I instantly froze.

 

Too close. Too close.  *sniff, sniff* Omo. Is that his perfume? Mmmm...must be expensive enough for him to smell this good. 

 

He must've noticed the way I furtively sniffed his aftershave since he gingerly took a step back and proceeded to dry his hair, my eyes detecting a hint of a smirk as he turned around. Crap. I really should watch what I do from now on. Don't want him to think I'm some kind of ert. And who knows, he might use it against me in the future.

 

Jiyong then padded barefoot to his kitchen counter and bent his finger, motioning for me to follow him. As expected from his personality,  the interior of his house had a minimalist design, consisting mostly of black and white hues with a touch of red. What caught my attention however was the various art pieces hanging on one side of the wall. I got to hand it to him, he has an excellent taste in art.

 

"Here."

 

I took the paper from him. "What's this?"

 

"My schedule for the whole week," he smoothly replied as he leaned back on the counter, discarding the towel on the chair behind him. "You have the same copy with Taehee, so if there are any conflicts, you can collaborate with him. I want you to familiarize yourself with how I operate, starting from wardrobe change down to arranging events outside work."

 

I quickly scanned the itinerary for the day. Photoshoot for a magazine cover, recording at the studio, dry run for the MV with Bigbang, radio interview, and then dance rehearsals. There were different venues for each activity so that means we'd have to change locations throughout the day. Omo. This totally . I checked the timeline and raised my arm. 

 

"What are you doing?" He asked with a frown. 

 

"I have a question."

 

"Yeah, I figured," he scoffed.

 

"Well, um...I was wondering about your meals, Ji—I mean, juinim."

 

"My what?"

 

"Your meals? The food you eat?" I pointed to my mouth. "The schedule's pretty tight and I maybe wrong, but there are no breaks stated here."

 

"Because there isn't. The breaks I have are utilized for travel time. I just eat whenever I can."

 

He walked to the fridge and opened it, grabbing a water bottle for him to drink. I have a clear view from where I stand and I'm pretty sure the only thing in there were energy drinks and water. Not even a single fruit. How does he survive a day without eating??

 

"I'll go grab my stuff and we'll leave directly. Stay here and don't go beyond the carpet, you understand?" He shot me a look of warning. "Don't touch anything."

 

I made a face as he left, animatedly punching ang kicking the air when he turned his back from me. Aiiisht, this evil monster. Don't touch anything? Woaaah. What did he think I'll do? Break his expensive furniture? Ya, if I wanted to break anything, it would be none other than his face.

 

Jerk.

 

I exhaled loudly and walked around the kitchen, the only place I'm 'allowed' to stay. It was pretty simple and clean, not a single plate out of place. My curiosity got the best of me and I started checking the pantry, eager to learn what a superstar like GD eats. Turned out he only consumes dustmites. The cupboards are all empty! Does he even live here?! I desperately searched for food and flung open his fridge and I had been right. Only energy drinks, beer, and water were inside. I'm starting to doubt the truth of him being pretty loaded. I mean, if this isn't starvation, I don't know what is. Closing the useless thing, I shook my head and sat on the stool. 

 

"Aigoo, this won't do."

 

I grabbed my pen from my bag and wrote down the necessary stuff I had to buy from the supermarket later. Idol or not, he shouldn't skip meals. That's just suicide. I finished writing everything down when he came back fully-dressed and holding one duffel bag and a suitcase. He dropped it on the floor before me.

 

"Let's go. The car's already waiting outside," he said while typing something on his phone. He then put his cap and a pair of sunglasses on. I understand that he needs to be cool and all, but putting on shades at five in the morning? Is he a vampire? Will the cloudy sky burn his eyes? Pfft. 

 

"Ya, Santokki, I'm not paying you to just stand there. Put your back into it and start doing your job." He tilted his chin toward the bulky looking bags on the floor.

 

"You want me to carry all of these?" I pointed to the floor, my brows in a furrow. 

 

"Then should I carry them for you?" Jiyong sent me a withering look before opening the door. I stopped myself from grabbing the nearest lamp and throwing it at his head. With a disgruntled sigh, I slung my backpack over my shoulders and picked up the bags from the floor. Omo, what did that bastard put inside? Rocks? Ugh. It felt like I was carrying a full-grown man with how heavy they were. 

 

"Pali, tokki." 

 

"Aiiiisht, where are we going to? The North Pole?!" I struggled getting out of the door and began lugging the suitcase toward the elevator. "Did you pack your whole house inside this bag?"

 

He placed his hand inside his pocket as stood languidly beside me while I produced buckets of sweat despite the morning mist. "I've got a lot scheduled today so I had to bring everything." He glanced down at me. "In fact, you should be thankful I did that or you'll be going back and forth the apartment."

 

I can't help but snort. "Thank you so much for your infinite consideration, your highness. Your humble servant is pleased." I made an exaggerated bow. He just crossed his arms and ignored my jab, entering the elevator as soon as it opened. I followed suit, silently cursing him all the way to the car.